“ONE OF A KIND, A SPECIAL PLACE”
Review of Abalone Inn

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Point Reyes Station
Abalone Inn
Reviewed June 23, 2012

Our stay at he Abalone Inn was more than I expected. An old house with lots of charm, We felt like we were in a friends home, it felt so comfortable. From the hot tub to the breakfast basket in the morning, to the garden, it was delightful If you want the sterile same old same old..stay at the Motel 6 or Holiday Inn and have breakfast at McDonald's But if you're willing to step out of the box........

it is ...One of a kind, a special place

Peace..........................Joe Smith

Room Tip: This is an old house built I believe before 1900, if you want "all the conveniences" stay...
  • Stayed: June 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank joeasmith

Reviewed May 3, 2012

My husband and I came to this place expecting a great retreat, instead we were left with mixed emotions about the woman who runs the place. It's sustainable alright. You can't even use the facilities comfortably. Not to mention the set rules on everything! She was friendly to my husband and even asked for his email right in front of me while she gave me a weird vibe. I strongly do not recommend this place for couples who want privacy and comfort. Its a shame because the place is great by itself. Unfortunately, the person who runs the place has no concept of limiting rules and giving the place a more inviting energy.

• Stayed: April 2012, traveled as a couple
4  Thank ava r
Reviewed May 3, 2012

My husband & I escaped to Pt. Reyes for the weekend and stayed in the Garden room here. The room was clean and comfortable. Donna was open and helpful. It's an old house that is not particularly well insulated from other noises within the house, and it has a delicate septic system. So, yes, there are a few rules. And, this is West Marin, not Napa or Healdsburg. So, if you are high-maintenance and expect BnB's to be the standard of wine country, this may not be the place for you. For us, the value and location (close to the town of Pt. Reyes Station for dinner, etc., and right at the entrance to Pt. Reyes) means we would stay there again.

Room Tip: Even if you think you don't need the space, I think I'd choose the upstairs room next time...
  • Stayed: April 2012, traveled as a couple
3  Thank Margie G
Reviewed March 13, 2012

Over the years my wife and I have ALWAYS been happy at the Abalone Inn, a B+B in Point Reyes, CA. We were there just two weekends ago, and not only were we happy, but the house was full of returnees, all of us talking about how much we have enjoyed Abalone Inn, our hostess Donna, the hot tub, for quite a number of years. My wife and I would absolutely recommend Abalone Inn to anyone, and we have. Several of our friends have in fact enjoyed themselves. Not only do we enjoy meeting new people, but the area abounds with hiking trails, beaches, and fine restaurants. We don't know when, but we do know we will be returning. Maybe, just maybe, we'll meet you there one of these days.

Peace, Sam Frankel and Mary Lou Watson

Room Tip: They're all good!!
  • Stayed: February 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed December 27, 2011

I had driven up from Monterey and out to the point when I realized I needed more time in the area. They were recommended as "maybe" dog friendly and after quizzing me about my sweet ten year old dog had me come over to see the room, which was a converted back sun room.

Donna invited me in for a little shared dinner as I was the only guest and we had a nice chat about the property. She showed me through the entire house and if I hadn't had a dog, I would have chosen the front room (northeast corner) which looks over the march (and the road).

The back room on the main floor is on the southeast corner where there is an organic garden.

Access to the hot tub was a nice treat on such a cold night in the winter - it happened to be the solstice!

It is an old house, which lends it that kind of charm.

Wifi, kitchenette, tub, comfortable bed, view of the stars through the back window panes and a comfy chair from which to work online!

In the morning I took a nice walk on a recommended trail (it was frosty!).

• Stayed: December 2011, traveled solo
1  Thank Andreeh
Reviewed August 15, 2011

We discovered Abalone Inn about 8 years ago. Since then we've been there at least once a year and sometimes more. Donna is wonderful, our rooms have always been comfortable, breakfast has always been healthful and flavorful, the hot tub exquisite, and our overall experience has kept us going back. In fact, my wife and I will be there again this month (August 2011). We enjoy meeting others, not the sterility of a hotel, but the true comfort of a home. In fact, we have a several friends who have us remove our shoes when we enter their homes. Donna is not doing anything weird, unless you call being friendly weird, as some people apparently do.

• Stayed: February 2011, traveled as a couple
Reviewed August 11, 2011

It's ok if you like to stay overnight in wonderful Point Reyes National Park. Inside is a little less elegant and comfortable than you'd expect from outside appearance and professionally made leaflet you find at the visitor centers.
But have a look yourself, take a tour of the room before you book, and judge for yourself whether you can get along with it. :)
PS: all the funny details from the other reviews are true :D

• Stayed: August 2011
#5 of 15 in Point Reyes Station
Point Reyes Hostel
Point Reyes Hostel
#1 of 1 in Point Reyes National Seashore

Been to Abalone Inn? Share your experiences!