“Fun riding in a beautiful environment” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Point Reyes Arabian Adventures

Point Reyes Arabian Adventures
More attraction details
Owner description: Point Reyes Arabian Adventures is an Equestrian Service located in Point Reyes Station, CA, that services all of Point Reyes Station & the surrounding areas. We specialize in Horseback Riding, Horse Training, Horse Riding Lessons, Horse Trail Rides, Horse Rental, Horse Riding, Horse Rental Service, and Horseback Riding Service. Our employees are highly trained to develop your Horseback Riding skills, and will work to help you reach your maximum potential. If you are looking for a Horse Trainer, Horse Riding Lesson, or Horse Riding School, then Point Reyes Arabian Adventures is the smart choice. Call us today to inquire about our services.
San Jose, California
111 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 134 helpful votes
“Fun riding in a beautiful environment”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 30, 2012

We rode with Susan this weekend. It was a most fun experience - Susan is a very patient and experienced rider with good approach to helping us get comfortable with the horses. Considering that we had little experience riding horses, she got us ready to ride quite rapidly - it helps too that the horses are well trained and easy to work with. In no time, we were riding up and down the hills and it is beautiful to see the Bay and the rolling meadows with the mountains in the distance.

I would recommend Susan and her horses, especially for those of us who have little or no experience with horses - she makes it quite easy and fun to ride!

P.S. No restrooms on site alert! And the horses do canter if you let them, so you should know what to do before riding! :-)

Visited January 2012

Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 7 helpful votes
“Fantastic experience, unlike typical "trail ride"”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 10, 2011

I brought my 3 kids to PRAA for a 1/2 hour lesson and 1 hour trail ride. Susan, and the experience, exceeded my expectations. She let the kids help set the horses up for their rides - brushing them down, saddling them, etc., and instructing them the whole time about safety and proper care. The lesson was excellent - Susan taught them to handle their horses, direct them, take them in and out of a little obstacle course to practice steering, and then practicing trot. Having these skills down made them feel much for confident and in control when we went out for our trail ride around the hills of Susan's Petaluma farm. It was a fantastic experience for them - and for me. Her horses are happy, well cared for, responsive to both her voice and the rider. I highly recommend this.

Visited August 2011
1 Thank NicolePhilly
Chesapeake, Virginia
21 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 27 helpful votes
“Trail Riding As It Was Meant To Be”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 10, 2011

Best. Trail. Ride. Ever. I hardly know what else to say! As an intermediate rider, I look for something more in a trail ride than a dozen push-button horses walking nose-to-tail up a path. I booked a ride with Susie after reading rave reviews on yelp.com, and I wasn't disappointed. The ride was everything I hoped for and more.

I arrived early thinking I would get a chance to help with grooming, but wound up mostly brushing horses and talking to one of the assistants as I enjoyed the beautiful morning. The horses were all Arab mixes of various sorts, in terrific physical condition, obviously well cared for, and very well mannered.

We ended up being a group of 7, including Susie and one of her friends who served as co-leader. We had booked a 2-hour ride and Susie picked a perfect trail for one of the first hot days in a while - up through a beautiful stretch of redwood forest, topping out on a knob with a view to die for. We were able to trot and had some awesome canters - something I've not done on other trail rides. It was exhilarating! I didn't even mind the sore legs the next day :)

If you are looking for a riding experience tailored to your riding style and ability, in a small group through gorgeous country, with a courteous, professional, and very reasonably-priced leader, this is your place.

Visited July 2011
3 Thank KerrySK
Toronto, Ontario
21 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 101 helpful votes
“A fabulous riding experience through varied and gorgeous terrain”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 28, 2011

In December, 2010, my wife and I went for a three hour ride with Susan, who runs Point Reyes Arabian Adventures. Because this was not peak season and we chose a Friday, it turned out that we were lucky enough (for us) to be the only ones on the ride. The horse trailer can accommodate six horses and so the group could have been a bit larger, especially if it had been a weekend.

From start to finish at the stable, four hours elapsed. It did not take very long after our arrival, before the horses were tacked and in the trailer. We had been asked beforehand for our weights and heights and preference for English or Western saddles. We chose English and they were very comfortable, covered with a sheepskin-like, synthetic material. English riding helmets are provided and obligatory, regardless of the type of saddle. Riding gloves and a bottle of water are also provided.

The drive was from the stable in Point Reyes Station to where we unloaded the horses and began our ride was easy. We followed beautiful forest trails, came upon gorgeous vistas, and had the opportunity to canter on broad, open stretches. Susan plans each ride according to the interests of the group, levels of riding ability, and length of ride. Our ride was fantastic.

The horses have been very well trained by Susan, herself (who is originally from Britain, but has long lived in the U.S.) They are a delight to ride - well-mannered and very responsive. Susan continuously asked about the pace we wanted to maintain and emphasized that it was out ride to enjoy. We did a nice combination of walking, trotting, and cantering. I believe that Susan leads most, if not all, rides (but I cannot say for sure, especially during peak season.) She was wonderful with us.

The riding excursion for two people for three hours is not cheap, but we felt that we received full value. A big thumbs up!

Visited December 2010