“Great food. Great service. Tough to beat.”
Review of Osteria Stellina

Osteria Stellina
Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Local cuisine
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Cross street: Third
Description: Located in the picturesque West Marin town of Point Reyes Station, Osteria Stellina offers a delicious, intimate, farm-to-table dining experience. Known for our strictly local and seasonal cuisine, we strive to showcase the bounty of West Marin on every plate. Our ingredients are sourced from the surrounding regions many farmers, ranchers, and fisherman; each dish reads like a sophisticated blue plate special, comprised of what's close and plentiful on a given day. The result is a creative, clean, farm fresh menu we like to call "Point Reyes Italian". Osteria Stellina's daily lunch and dinner menus include house made pastas and bread, organic salads and soups, pizzas, sustainable meats and seafood, an array of satisfying desserts, and a carefully edited and affordable wine list featuring local vineyards and Italian favorites. Local beer is on tap and additional beers are available by the bottle. The restaurant's gracious dining room is ideal for diners of all ages and any occasion.
Reviewed July 7, 2014

Came for late Sunday afternoon lunch after a rigorous hike in Pt Reyes. Did not disappoint! Tuna salad and green salad were the openers: spicy, tasty and wonderful. I had the beans/greens, an unusual choice for me, but reminiscent of my Italo-Amer childhood. My spouse had the quite good grilled cheese w/ braised lamb. Our server was wonderfully friendly, and I am sure given our pasts, we have at most 2 degrees separation. Big thumbs up.

There are newer reviews for Osteria Stellina

Reviewed July 6, 2014

We went for lunch and loved everything we tried (particularly the grilled cheese with caramelized onions and braised lamb and the panzanella chicken salad). The only negative experience we had was that "shrimp" was on the menu for $1. We ordered 2, thinking maybe it was $1 per shrimp (for some very special shrimp perhaps?). Each order featured five shrimp and we were surprised that each was only $1... they weren't. When the bill came it was $24 of shrimp. When we pointed out what the menu said, the servers only said, "That's a typo." It was the only flaw in an otherwise great lunch.

Reviewed June 26, 2014

So I would have given it a good if the category existed but it does not deserve a very good - The salmon was good but a tad overcooked, but there was not enough fish options for people not eating oysters and the parmesan/salad was quite boring. The highlight was clearly the caprese salad and the pistachio (locally made) ice cream. So good and not too pricey but not enough variety (only pistachio flavor for ice cream?).

1  Thank yomta
Reviewed June 21, 2014

Stellina has been one of our favorite restaurants in the Bay Area ever since it opened. A beautiful drive through western Marin County takes you to Pt. Reyes, where Stellina resides on a corner of the main street through town. Locally sourced food, as fresh as can be, offers daily changes in the menu, depending on the season (I favor the pastas and salads). Knowledgeable and friendly wait-staff can guide you to what will make you happiest. Casual atmosphere, can be a little on the noisy side when there's a full house, but generally I don't notice because I'm enjoying the delicious food so much.

You'll definitely want to make reservations before you go -- and they can book up, so do it earlier than later. Don't be put off by the distance to get there; the drive out will put you in a relaxed mood, and Stellina will provide you with the best dining experience you've had in a long while!

Reviewed June 12, 2014

The food here is very good, and service was, up to a point. We were going to have a second round of beer and wine, but our server walked by at least five times when our glasses were empty. When he finally returned, my wife was annoyed enough that she asked for the check and we left.

I hate this type of seating, where it's a long row of tables for two. Fortunately, the couple on my right were quiet and there was a gentleman alone to my left. If it had been someone noisy, chatty or overly obnoxious, it could have been a worse experience.

We should have known...typical for a resort area where there's little expectation of repeat customers.

1  Thank jmlowman