“Doesn't look like much, but the food is excellent”
Review of Rollerville Cafe

Rollerville Cafe
Ranked #2 of 14 Restaurants in Point Arena
Cuisines: American
Reviewed October 3, 2012

On the outskirts of Point Arena, this awesome restaurant is disguised as an unassuming cafe attached to a KOA-type campground. I have been there several times for breakfast and dinner and have not been disappointed. Style is gourmet comfort food.

What motivated me to write this review was one of the best prime rib dinners I've had. The cut side was seasoned with herbs and the au jus was more like a rich gravy.

Service has always been great.

Prices are reasonable, compared with other restaurants on the North Coast.

My only complaint is that this restaurant should be located in a more scenic location, in order to better complement the food.

Reviewed September 10, 2012

We almost didn't stop at this little cafe, looks a bit "rustic" shall we say but the food was really good. I didn't expect to find on the Menu a Veggie sandwich with pesto and cream cheese - delicious! Also on the lunch menu there are salads, burgers (including a pepper jack one), sandwiches, fish and chips, etc. They serve breakfast as well. There was an outside patio, the place is not too big inside. The place was full with locals, Server said it is all family owned and run. Very good food!

Reviewed September 4, 2012

We left Fort Bragg without much of a breakfast so kept a lookout along the way for a small "hole-in-the-wall" type diner. Turns out we were closer to lunch time than breakfast when we spotted the Rollerville Cafe.

This place is located right alongside Highway 1 in Point Arena, just at the turn-off to go to the lighthouse. We were both hungry - I had 'The Whaler' (a fish burger) and hubby had a regular burger. Both were very, very good. I opted for the fries with mine, hubby got a salad.

It wasn't busy when we arrived but started to fill up as we were finishing our meals. The server was friendly. The cafe itself is "cute" in a quirky kind of way. Little plastic bobbing flowers on the table which I had to move out of my line of sight because the constant movement was making me seasick.....lol. But this was a very, very minor point compared to the very tasty food served here.

The big question, of course, is would we eat here again? Absolutely! There were many menu items listed that would make it worthwhile to come back to try. Pity it's so far away from home. Oh well, next trip....!

Reviewed August 18, 2012

This restaurant has good food, often with a local twist. On this visit, I ordered the "Philly Cheese Steak" which came with fries or fruit. The fries were fresh and crisp, and the sandwich was on a large, long and soft roll (not toasted). Should have been called "Rollerville Cheese Steak" sandwich as the meat was seasoned with thyme, the peppers (red bell) and onions were diced (and fresh) and the meat was in thick strips. It was tasty, indeed, but not a Philly!

Service was friendly but distracted, with maybe 3-4 tables filled (we had a late-ish lunch) it still took awhile for someone to remember to replenish the ice in our iced tea, and no one was on the floor when we were ready to pay and leave, so we just left the $ on the table. Maybe they were getting ready to close after lunch, but this was unclear.

Reviewed May 26, 2012

You will not be sorry about eating here. The service is fast and friendly.The food was excellent with lots of great specials. We ate there one morning and had to return the following day just to try something different.. We were sorry we were not there when they were serving dinner