“We try to stop by here when we are in the area”

The Pier Chowder House & Tap Room
Ranked #3 of 14 Restaurants in Point Arena
Cuisines: American, Seafood
Good for: Romantic, Bar scene, Families with children
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Breakfast, Reservations
Central Valley, California
“We try to stop by here when we are in the area”
Reviewed January 2, 2014

I was hesitant to go here this time because my parents ate here a couple months back and said the quality of the food had really declined and they wouldn't eat here again.
We risked it on New Year's Day since I didn't feel like driving further up the road into Mendocino.
The service was slow but friendly and they do not allow dogs outside on the balcony.
I ordered cod and chips, my son ordered salmon and chips and our friends ordered the chowder. We also has onion rings.
The onion rings were a bit greasy and my fish could have been warmer but the rest of the food was hot and everything tasted fine.
Wasn't the best meal I've ever had here but I'd eat here again next time we are vacationing at our house.

• Visited January 2014

Cupertino, California, United States
“Nice food with a nice view”
Reviewed December 1, 2013

We stopped here by total coincidence but would definitively go back. We had some great oysters, clam chowder was very good and my fish and chips was excellent. The "chips" were excellent and for sure home made. The view from the outside balcony is stunning.

• Visited November 2013
“Nice find!”
Reviewed October 30, 2013

We found this nice restaurant/ bar while driving route 1 North through California. It is about a mile off route one on the coast and it is a lovely place. The setting is beautiful. It has a lovely bar and other seating indoors plus a balcony with tables outside, although it was too cold the day we visited to sit outside. They had a good selection of beers and wines and a varied menu. I had the New England clam chowder and it was lovely.
Well worth a visit if you are in the area .

• Visited October 2013
2 Thank DMPridham
San Francisco
“Great New England Clam Chowder”
Reviewed October 26, 2013

We looked for something on the water and found the Chowder House right at the pier in Point Arena. They had a great New England clam chowder. We made it an entire meal. My only criticism, which I have for many chowders, they added too much potato.

• Visited October 2013
Rancho Mirage
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Wedding Dinner”
Reviewed October 25, 2013

I can't say enough about the reception that we received when we had our Wedding Dinner at the Restaurant. The location is the best as it is on the ocean and evening cocktails were a treat with the sunset of a perfect day.

Visited October 2013