“Very Pricey Wine Tasting”
Review of Villa Toscano

Villa Toscano
Ranked #4 of 41 things to do in Plymouth
Reviewed February 25, 2013

Villa Toscano is supposed to be a classy winery - the grounds are beautiful and it used to be a great experience for my friends and I.

But recently the winery started charging a fee to taste their wines which I think is tacky. I believe it discourages individuals who are not members to stop going to that winery. Their wines are expensive to begin with and if a non-member wishes to purchase a bottle, it can run $20 - $30. So why charge non-members to taste? Besides how much can one person taste - maybe all together a glassful?

There are newer reviews for Villa Toscano

Reviewed February 22, 2013

I will NEVER go here again! My husband and I were devoted fans of this winery until we attended the wine tasting last Saturday. The barrel wine room associate, Andre, was the BIGGEST jerk! I've never met a "wine snob" until I met him. I paid $5 to taste their wine and was treated like a complete idiot. I am so disappointed in the customer service we received. We will put our money and loyalty elsewhere.

1  Thank laceyn r
Reviewed November 19, 2012

I really love going to Villa Toscano because it's such a beautiful place. It is always a lovely experience but, well, the wines leave a lot to be desired. They are not horrible, just not really very good. Many other wineries in the area have wines that are so much better. In this competitive arena, it is a good thing that the owners have a beautiful venue. This is the real attraction.

Reviewed November 13, 2012

We have visited Villa Toscano numerous times over the years and it is always enjoyable and relaxing, epecially when the weather is nice and we can enjoy the terrace and their wine club buffet lunches. The wine club entitles you to free buffet lunches almost every weekend, plus discounts on wines (which are great) and should you prefer to order your lunch, they have excellent pizzas, salads and sandwiches in their bistro - not coincidentally, their food pairs well with their wine.

Oh, I almost forgot to mention, the wine tasting is free, but you'll probably end up buying some to take home with you!

The Plymouth/Shenandoah Valley wine area is becoming more well known and new mom & pop wineries are springing up all over.

If anyone wants to have a special event (wedding, family reunion, etc) Villa Toscano has a sister winery, Bella Piazza, just about a mile away that has a separate building for weddings and catered events.

Reviewed September 5, 2012

Villa Toscano/Bella Piazza has the best wine club going. Two bottles of great wine a month, You can exchange them if you don't like them. $99 case specials for members, on $24/bottle wine! Wine member lunches for four when you come pick up your wine. Great wine, great club! Most of thier wines not available in stores or restaurants. We love this place! Food can be purchased at the winery cafe as well, to share a bottle over lunch.