“Great greek food in Pleasanton”
4 of 5 bubbles Review of Simply Greek II

No photo provided
Got a photo?
Add it.
Simply Greek II
Ranked #78 of 268 Restaurants in Pleasanton
Cuisines: Greek
Pleasanton, California
“Great greek food in Pleasanton”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 27, 2012

My wife & I often order food from here to pick up...but this time I swung by at lunch time on a weekday to experience the lunch rush. There were tons of people there and the line was a little long. You order at the register and can eat inside, outside or can take out.
The cashier was very warm and accomodating despite the slow moving line & very busy timeframe. I ordered lamb kabob an some gyro meat to-go. My wife had ordered the lamb kabob a few weeks prior and it was VERY well seasoned...tangy. The lamb I ordered on this day was fairly bland...Had I been at the restaurant I might have made a comment to the chef.

• Visited March 2012

Pleasanton, California
“FINALLY! A Decent Gyro Joint!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 15, 2011

I love gyros! Years ago I spent a lot of time traveling around Europe and, especially in Germany, you could get a gyro in just about every decent-sized town for about 5 Deutsch Marks. It didn't seem to matter what hole-in-the-wall joint you went to, the sauce always tasted the same and the bread always rocked.

For years we lamented that we couldn't get "The Gyro" in town. Every once and a while we'd find some place that served them, and were always disappointed. Usually the sauce was wrong (too thick or wrong flavor), or the meat was off in some way.

Then this place opened. NIRVANA!!!!! Tiny hole-in-the-wall at a strip mall. The gyro's are cheap and huge. The bread is perfect. And the sauce -- just like we used to get in Europe. It's perfect in every way. Jeez, my mouth is watering while writing this review. I think I'm going to go get one for lunch!

Give these guys a shot. It's the real deal.

• Visited February 2011
San Francisco Bay Area, CA
“Moussaka is very good and the dolmas are delightful. The Gyros look gigantic... definitely trying it next time.”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 5, 2008