“Clean, Affordable” 3 of 5 stars
Review of Extended Stay America - Pleasanton - Chabot Dr.

Extended Stay America - Pleasanton - Chabot Dr.
Ranked #13 of 14 Hotels in Pleasanton
Sydney, Australia
“Clean, Affordable”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 27, 2014

As I wasn't spending much time indoors I opted for cheap accommodation. I spent 7 nights here and must say I was happy with my stay. This hotel is clean, affordable and the staff were quite helpful and friendly. The room was tidy and the linen and everything provided in the room was fine. My experience was good and would recommend this as an option if you just need a clean place to sleep whilst traveling through.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled solo
    • 3 of 5 stars

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (19)
Pleasanton, California
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 20, 2014

I spent 8 days here. The rooms are clean and appear to have been recently painted. The bed was comfortable. The hotel is in a convenient location for business people. The free computer connection is adequate for e-mail though not for significant downloading. Many small things and one big thing were wrong. The big thing was that our room smelled musty and the reason became evident when it was flooded by a leak from another area.

The small things were prevalent in both the original room and the replacement one. The TV stand/dresser had misaligned doors in the first room and a missing drawer pull in the second. In the first room, the dishwasher was difficult to close, in the second it leaked. The windows in the second room were covered with spray residue from the sprinklers. The rooms are somewhat dark as are the hallways. The exercycle in the fitness center did not operate smoothly.

The staff is personable and handled the room flood very well. However, they seem beaten down by the niggling maintenance issues. The continual response was that management had just changed and the problems would be addressed in the future. Meanwhile, I had to perform gymnastics to close drawers in the dresser.

Had I checked TripAdvisor before I booked, I would have gone to the Hyatt House which is next door to the Extended Stay.

Room Tip: The rooms facing the interior have nice views. There is an outdoor pool and a BBQ area under a wist...
  • Stayed April 2014, traveled on business
1 Thank Julia C
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Pleasanton - Chabot Dr., responded to this review, May 28, 2014
I appreciate you taking the time to write a review of our hotel. I am glad to hear that you found your room to be clean and comfortable. As well, I'm glad that you enjoyed our convenient location. Still, I apologize for the issues you experienced in regards to the flooding of your room and the maintenance issues you encountered. I will be working with our staff to ensure these issues do not continue in the future. We continually work to improve our hotel, so we really appreciate you bringing this to our attention. We hope to have the opportunity to provide you with a better stay in the future.
Pleasanton, California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 12, 2014

I love the location of this hotel, near to banks, restaurants, coffee shops and juice fountain. Walking distance to grocery store. Wonderful staff. Rooms reasonably clean but could use some maintenance. Average value for the rate.

• Stayed March 2014
    • 5 of 5 stars
Manager_11525, Manager at Extended Stay America - Pleasanton - Chabot Dr., responded to this review, May 23, 2014
Thank you for your recent review of your stay. I’m happy to hear that you enjoyed your time at our hotel and the service our staff provided. Thank you for choosing Extended Stay Hotels. We look forward to hosting you again in the future.
Santa Rosa, California
2 of 5 stars Reviewed November 24, 2013

I stayed here for two nights on business. I have stayed at many, many Residence Inns - but all the Marriott and Hilton properties were booked for my last minute stay and this had vacancies. I see why. While this hotel touts that it is 'newly remodeled' - and it did have new furnishings, room fittings, etc, the lack of maintenance and housekeeping is beginning to show. Case in point, the hotel lobby is odd in that you have to push (or should I say, struggle with your suitcases - the doors are not automatic) through two single glass doors to get to the lobby - and the floor and walls of that entry were worn and dirty. I get that it has a lot of traffic - but so does every other hotel and they manage to keep their entryways clean. So, the first impression of this hotel is not good.

The room was cleaner, but the door security bolt that you flip over to ensure no one can come in was half missing. Why wouldn't they notice that, have maintenance repair it, before they rent out the room? Poor maintenance management. The rooms are starting to look worn, as well. Also, if you are expecting them to furnish shampoo/conditioner - bring your own - they don't supply it. I always bring my own, but one of my traveling companions was surprised by that. They have hair dryers, but they are the really weak ones many hotels have, unfortunately. The beds are pretty hard, not all that comfortable.

There is no night time happy hour or food, like at the Residence Inns - they had a 'grab and go' breakfast which basically consisted of coffee, packaged muffins or granola bars and packaged oatmeal. At least it was better than nothing.

They repaired the security latch before I came back the second night. Also, they do not provide maid service during your stay - unless you stay a week or longer - again unlike Residence Inns who provide daily maid service.

So, was this cheaper than a Residence Inn, you ask? To make up for the lack of quality/service? Nope. $120 a night. I paid less than that at a Residence Inn. So, this will (hopefully, if I don't have any last minute trips here again) be the last time I stay at this hotel.

The staff was very pleasant though - have to recognize them for that. And the location was very quiet.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank TKD1BB

Travelers are raving about these Pleasanton hotels

Phoenix
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 12, 2013

A very nice, clean room in a good location. The front desk was helpful and polite. We got in late and all the local restaurants were closed. I was directed to the local grocery store where I got the makings of a quick meal, and my room had everything I needed to fix it, eat and relax. The perfect end to a long day.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled on business
Bay Area, California
2 of 5 stars Reviewed November 11, 2013

We first stayed at this facility a year ago, and found it newly renovated and very well decorated and tidy. I gave it a high score, and returned this weekend for a 3 day stay.

A lot has changed in 12 months!

We were there for 3 nights, and not once did anyone clean the motel interior. The lobby floor which is just over a year since renovation looks like it hasn't been mopped in that entire year. Ditto the elevator floor... FILTHY!

Our room had a 8" hole in the ceiling with wires hanging down through the sheet rock, apparently where a smoke detector had been. The toilet seat wasn't bolted to the toilet, the toilet paper holder was flopping loose from the wall, just below two holes in the sheet rock where the TP dispenser had apparently previously been mounted.

All-in-all, what was a wonderful experience last year was now a poorly maintained facility, both from a maintenance standpoint as well as a total lack of cleanliness. If this was a $59 Motel-6 I could understand their lack of commitment, but I paid over $100 a night!

Big disappointment, and we'll be looking elsewhere next year.

Room Tip: Look for a different motel...
  • Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple
    • 1 of 5 stars
Rancho Mirage, California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 24, 2013

Extended stay is a simple basic place to stay, we ended up here while visiting my son who lives in Pleasanton.

We were traveling in out Motorhome and had originally planned to stay at the fair grounds, they had a lot going on there an they cranked up their price so we called around and found that the Extended Stay was cheaper.

That being said the rooms were basic and clean. Having a "kitchen" was nice, best thing since we travel with a 100 pound dog they didn't balk at that which is a plus.

Simple Clean Affordable and Secure

People on the desk were excellent and could answer the questions we had.

Room Tip: Get a room on higher floors, as the lower floors seem to cater to really long term people (6mo or mo...
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple