“What you see is what you get.....”

Extended Stay America - Pleasanton - Chabot Dr.
Ranked #13 of 14 Hotels in Pleasanton
Rancho Mirage, California
“What you see is what you get.....”
Reviewed October 24, 2013

Extended stay is a simple basic place to stay, we ended up here while visiting my son who lives in Pleasanton.

We were traveling in out Motorhome and had originally planned to stay at the fair grounds, they had a lot going on there an they cranked up their price so we called around and found that the Extended Stay was cheaper.

That being said the rooms were basic and clean. Having a "kitchen" was nice, best thing since we travel with a 100 pound dog they didn't balk at that which is a plus.

Simple Clean Affordable and Secure

People on the desk were excellent and could answer the questions we had.

Room Tip: Get a room on higher floors, as the lower floors seem to cater to really long term people (6mo or mo...
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank PWSmith2

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (20)
Fresno, California
Reviewed August 20, 2013

Good price for a room in the Bay Area, but the customer service was terrible. The front desk person wasn't very friendly. He didn't know where the BART station was,we later found out that it was down the street. Next he didn't know how to make our room keys. Because he was covering for someone who had just left (really). So after he made a couple of calls someone told him how to do it. We then asked him how do we get to our room he stated let me call someone because he didn't know. We told him that's ok will find it.... When we get to our room it's ok but the walls are dirty.. Pull back the covers on the bed and it looks like the sheets had not been changed. The towels looked and felt like they were really worn (OLD). I work real hard for my money and a $100 is a lot for bad service and a poor room.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family

Travelers are raving about these Pleasanton hotels

Reviewed August 16, 2013

Extended stay America was a perfect stay for us! Nice room and to have a kitchen with frig, microwave was so helpful keeping expenses down! No need to always eat out! Checking in was pretty smooth, except we received a smoking room instead of the non smoking room at reservation! Room was clean and orderly, we just opened up the window to get the smoke smell out!

• Stayed August 2013
Reviewed August 13, 2013

I got the pleasure of traveling with my husband for 2 weeks on business, So I was in charge of finding a hotel, not familiar with the area I relied on reviews from tripadvisor and other companies, I for the most part go with tripadvisor reviews. ESA is not a bad place at all for the price and location. Our room was clean, newly remodeled, and convenient, the size of the room was perfect for my husband and I, the bed wasn't bad a little firm for us, but not bad, the bathroom was clean, plenty of towels, for once the air conditioning unit wasn't right next to our bed. The grounds appeared to be clean, they even have a BBQ area for travelers that are here for a "EXTENDED STAY". pets are welcome which is a plus for us so if in the future if we want or need to bring our baby dog we can. Convenient laundry, parking for large trucks, and restaurants within walking or driving distance. The worst part I would have to say is checking in it took forever and we were the only people at the time another man walked in shortly after us.We were not even welcomed, when I walked in I said, "Hello we have reservations for ....." and Olivia didn't say Hello, or Welcome she just said can I see your ID. Wow... My husband and I thought Olivia was a little stressed out (trying to do to many things at once). I am not kidding it took us at least 15 minutes to check in and we had reservation with a credit card. I would think that everything would of been set, not to hard. She just seemed very short with other things on her mind, later after we settled I went back down to Olivia, I said, " do you have an ice machine?" her response was no we threw it away, above the refrigerator is a freezer and if you open it you will find 2 ice trays. Ok thanks...... Overall we would stay again because it was clean, nice kitchen, small relaxation area with tv and dvd player, small desk with free wi-fi, laundry and good parking for large trucks..... Good Idea to check it out.......

Room Tip: Ask if they have a ice machine.....
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled solo
1 Thank sicchik
Sedona, Arizona
Reviewed August 9, 2013

Hotel is great for what it is and I was very impressed with Olivia at the front desk She was more than willing to assist in making my stay as pleasant as possible. Room is a great value if you stay for 30 days or more as I did for business. This is an affordable hotel that is a notch above the rest but is " an affordable hotel".

Room Tip: avoid rooms near stairs and elevators
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank Dave H
California
Reviewed July 5, 2013

Very helpful staff, good location. But. Shabby interiors, weird, bad odors all over the place, including the rooms. Dog barking. Weak internet. Not great on bathroom cleanliness. Really bad breakfast type food.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled on business
Pleasanton
Reviewed June 18, 2013

Floor was a little sticky when we first got in which was ok.The room did look clean...then I started to notice it smelt wierd. Then it smelt even worse-like marajuana. My husband and I both woke up with headaches. We got a different hotel for the next few nights.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Easytobook.com

Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Pleasanton - Chabot Dr., responded to this review, June 19, 2013
Janelle - I received a copy of your review, and wanted to take a moment to personally respond. We strive to provide guests with all the comforts of home, so I am disappointed to hear that the floor in your room was sticky in addition to the room smelling like smoke. As this hotel’s manager, I can assure you I will be personally investigating this problem and meeting with our housekeeping staff to ensure your experience is not repeated.

Thanks to your feedback, we can continue to work on providing an exceptional stay for all of our guests. If you would like to discuss this further or if I can be of additional assistance, please do not hesitate to contact me at wsu@extendedstay.com. We do hope you will choose to stay with us again so we can have the opportunity to provide you with a better experience.