“EXCELLENT HOTEL AND STAFF”

Extended Stay America - Pleasanton - Chabot Dr.
Ranked #13 of 14 Hotels in Pleasanton
Honolulu, Hawaii
“EXCELLENT HOTEL AND STAFF”
Reviewed March 4, 2013

I stayed at this hotel location in January. I found this location by using Hotwire and extended my stay because I was so happy with the remodeled room, kitchen, vanity separate from bathroom and the fabulous quiet location. The entire staff from the front desk to housekeeping are friendly and professional. I will stay here again next time I come to town to visit local family and friends.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled solo
Brandy S, Manager at Extended Stay America - Pleasanton - Chabot Dr., responded to this review, March 6, 2013
It is with our sincere thanks that we respond to the recent review you posted about our hotel Extended Stay America Pleasanton-Chabot Dr. We are pleased to hear that you found our hotel to be just what you needed during a visit to our area. Our staff prides themselves on ensuring each guest is taken care of and made to feel welcome during their stay with us. It is our belief that happy guests make great word of mouth references for us just as you have done here on trip advisor. We thank you.

We do hope that you will come visit us again should your travels bring you back to our area or that of any of our over 680 hotels nationwide. With Hospitality the Management at Extended Stay America Pleasanton-Chabot Dr.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (20)
Denver, Colorado
Reviewed February 28, 2013

I had the pleasure of staying for 3 months at this Extended Stay and it was a great experience. The staff is friendly and helpful, rooms were clean & comfortable and it is close to many different restaurants, groceries and shopping. The staff made sure they got to know me and was able to offer different restaurant recommendations based upon my preferences.

Room Tip: I preferred the first floor.
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
Brandy S, Manager at Extended Stay America - Pleasanton - Chabot Dr., responded to this review, March 2, 2013
Thank you for your recent review of Extended Stay America Pleasanton-Chabot Dr. I am so glad to hear that you found our hotel to be an ideal location for you close to dining and shopping during your 3 month stay with us. It is also so nice to know our staff was able to make you feel at right at home with their courteous service and restaurant recommendations. We pride ourselves on providing clean comfortable rooms coupled with excellent service stay after stay. Its comments from guests like you that give us the rewards of what we do each day. We thank you for your kind words and hope that you will come visit us again should your travels bring you back to our area. With hospitality The Management at Extended Stay America Pleasanton-Chabot Dr.
Seattle, Washington
Reviewed February 26, 2013

(My review unexpectedly got a bit lengthy, but I think this hotel deserves everything mentioned :) ).
My company has me travel every now and then for training and other work related purposes. In this instance, I stayed for 10 nights at this Extended Stay America in Pleasanton, CA.
I have been to several different hotels including Shilo Inn, Hampton Inn, Holiday Inn, Microtel Inn, and other hotels that are less known than the previously mentioned all over the west coast from California all the way up to Alaska.
My first impressions of this hotel are that it is very cozy. I stayed in a room on the first floor. The room gives off a very homey feel with its layout. It's definitely not the standard "bedroom, bathroom, small table and TV" cramped hotel room. With the full kitchen, large kitchen table, couch, flat screen TV, and several lamp fixtures, it was more like I was staying in someone's house. There is plenty of room to walk around and even do some exercises!
The Air conditioning works great, though they encourage you to use the thermostat on the wall. Either way, the bed is also very comfortable and lets me sleep like a rock.
The other part I really liked about this hotel is that the room service doesn't bug you daily to have your room cleaned. Once a week is all they ask (Mondays), and I think more hotels ought ta be this way.
The To-Go breakfast is exactly as it sounds. It's meant to be To-Go, where there are plenty of muffins, fruit, granola bars, coffee, and other such things that one does not necessarily need to sit down and eat. This hotel seems more geared towards the guests having their own food in their fridge for breakfast, and it's nice that they offer some To-Go food in the morning for those in a pinch.
The only thing I desired more from this hotel was the internet speed. I know typical hotel internet speeds are generally slow, but this connection in particular was painfully slow. It's good enough for emails and that's just about it. If you want to kill time in your hotel room to watch even just a 2 minute youtube video, you'll be waiting 10+ minutes for it to even buffer to 75% on 360p. SpeedTest.net informed me the download speed during the day is about 0.23 MBs per second.
One can pay a daily fee to have their download speed increased to 3.0 MBs, but I decided not to this since I had a lot of work to do anyway.
What I think the best part of this hotel is, is the staff is so kind and honest. They're determined to reach 100% customer satisfaction. Here was my situation:
The hotel room has many drawers and cupboards to put things in. I decided to use them instead of having to reach into my hotel bag every time I wanted new clothes to put on for the day. The last day of my stay came around. I packed the night before, but I still left in a bit of a hurry the next morning, and I made the dreadful mistake of leaving some of my most expensive clothes in the drawers. I only found out about these missing clothes of mine after my flight back home in another state.
I called the hotel back, and informed them of my situation. They thankfully have a lost-and-found with all of my clothes stacked in a pile after room service had done their deed. I worked out a deal with the manager. She was glad to have my clothes shipped back to me thru UPS. I'm not sure how many hotels would actually do this, but the fact that the staff went out of their way to ship back my expensive clothes really demonstrates their care for guest satisfaction.
I would recommend this hotel to anyone I know planning to stay in Pleasanton, CA to friends, family, and anyone in my company to receive the outstanding service this hotel has to offer.
Though the internet speed leaves much to be desired, the hotel room amenities and honest staff are well worth it to stay here again if I need to.

Room Tip: Rooms towards the rear of the hotel always have more parking.
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
Brandy S, Manager at Extended Stay America - Pleasanton - Chabot Dr., responded to this review, February 27, 2013
We would like to express our sincerest thanks for your review of our hotel and staff of Extended Stay America Pleasanton-Chabot Dr. I can’t tell you how wonderful it is to read reviews like this where our staff has made someone feel so great about staying with us. We pride ourselves on providing clean, comfortable rooms at a great value. That coupled with our awesome Guest Service Team makes us feel as though we are the best value in town. We will pass on your thanks as well as ours to our staff for taking the extra care to get your clothes back to you and making sure it was made right for you.

We hope that you will come back to see us again in Pleasanton or be able to visit us at any of our other awesome properties on your future travels. With Hospitality the Management at Extended Stay America- Pleasanton-Chabot Dr.
Carson City, Nevada, United States
Reviewed February 25, 2013

I spent just one night at this motel. It was quite nice. I requested a queen non-smoking room and got a clean room in good condition. I requested a quiet room, and was placed away from the road and the elevator and ice machine. I nice quiet night. The location is near the business park area of town, so convenient to several large office complexes. Two restaurants and a few fast food places were located about a block away. Japanese, sushi, pita sandwiches, subway, a build your own salad chain, and a BBQ place were quite convenient.
The room was kind of a small studio with the bed, couch and kitchen in one space, and a sink, toilet and bath off of the bed corner. The kitchen had a microwave, toaster, refer, dishwasher, and plates/bowls for two. Only complaint was that the refer ran most of the night because it was empty. There ought to be some gallon jugs of water or something in there so it could shut down for an hour here and there. Nice flat screen tv with remote. Very reasonable. I liked that the staff called 15 minutes after I was situated to make sure I was okay with the room.
The bed was comfortable, and the A/C was not called, so I don't know how loud that would be.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled solo
It was very kind of you to for take the time to publish such a positive review of your stay at the Extended Stay America Pleasanton - Chabot Dr. It's always satisfying to read positive feedback from our valued guests, like you. Im glad you found us to be centrally located to all that Pleasanton has to offer in shopping, dining and industry. It's also great to hear that our staff was helpful and courteous during your stay.

Although some companies run extravagant advertising campaigns for their hotels, we believe that the best kind of marketing is the public praise we get from our millions of happy customers. That's why the biggest investment we make is in our customers. Our company motto is Excellence Every Day, Every Way and my promise to you is that we will continue to operate according to this practice; after all, that's how Extended Stay Hotels(sm) got to be the largest extended stay lodging brand in North America.

Fresno, California
Reviewed February 20, 2013

I appreciate the handycap doors. It is so hard to get in and out with all my luggage. I stay in motela about 3 weekend outof every month. The personal was allso very helpful, especially erica. She was always there to assist me in whatever I needed. Have never stayed in an extended stay with a dishwasher. Both electric doors and a dishwasher! And also appreciation. For people like Erica. She's great......

• Stayed March 2012
Property M, Manager at Extended Stay America - Pleasanton - Chabot Dr., responded to this review, February 23, 2013
I would like to personally thank you for taking time out to write such wonderful things about your experience at Extended Stay America Pleasanton - Chabot Dr. Our hotel is totally committed to the satisfaction of every guest who walks through our doors, which is why it is so rewarding to get feedback like yours; it tells us that we are delivering on that commitment. Our business is one in which the staff gets to know our guests, who sometimes stay with us for weeks or months. We believe that building a professional, courteous, and accommodating relationship with our customers will continue to bring them back for future stays. We will be sure to pass on your thanks as well as ours to Erica for a job well done. Thank you for that recognition of our staff.

Chippewa Falls, Wisconsin
Reviewed February 18, 2013

I am writing to commend the staff, Allison and Karl, for their help in making our visit more enjoyable. Their tips and advice in helping us choose wineries, among the hundreds in the area, was very helpful and allowed us to make the most of our short visit. Allison even took the time to look up directions on the internet when a location did not come up on our GPS.
The rooms were clean, quiet and comfortable, allowing a good nights sleep.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
Property M, Manager at Extended Stay America - Pleasanton - Chabot Dr., responded to this review, February 20, 2013
Thank you for your recent review of Extended Stay America Pleasanton. We are so happy to hear that Allison and Karl were so helpful to you during your stay. They truly are two of our finest Managers. I am also glad to hear that you were able to enjoy some of the local wineries in our area during your stay with us. We truly care about making sure you have a wonderful experience with us from the moment you arrive until the day you depart. Providing clean, fresh comfortable rooms coupled with excellent guest service is the mission we set out on each and every day. Thank you so much for your recognition of our staff and hotel. We would be pleased to have you back as a guest should your travels bring you back to our area. With Hospitality the Management at Extended Stay America Pleasanton.
Hayward, California
Reviewed February 7, 2013

First impressions are so important. That being said, from the moment I stepped into the lobby I was immidiately acknowledged and greeted. The staff was warm and friendly. I checked in with ease and the desk clerk explained all the "need to knows" about the hotel and surrounding area.
Once in my room I found it very cozy, a home away from home. There was ample seating area, including a desk and sofa. I was happy to find there was enough outlets to plug in all things needing charded. I was suprised the room was even equipped with a dvd player. And about an hour into my stay I received a call from the front desk seeing if everything was to my liking, that scored a big plus in my book!
The location is in a prime spot, close to many eating establishments and convenience stores. And if time enough permits there is a nice size shopping mall within minutes.
Overall my stay was very comfortable and exactly as I hoped for. I would highly recommend this establishment to others!

• Stayed February 2013, traveled solo
Brandy S, Manager at Extended Stay America - Pleasanton - Chabot Dr., responded to this review, February 10, 2013
Thank you for your recent review of Extended Stay America Pleasanton. We are so pleased to hear that your arrival at our hotel went so smoothly and that all our staff welcomed you into what like to consider for all our guests as their home away from home. Given our company’s commitment to excellent guest satisfaction it great to hear that exactly what you experienced during you stay with us. Our rooms are well equipped for even the most seasoned traveler so you have all the comforts of home right at your fingertips. I am also glad to hear that you were able to enjoy some of what our area has to offer in local restaurants and shopping. We hope that you will come to see us again should your travels bring you back to the Pleasanton area. With Hospitality the Management at Extended Stay America Pleasanton.