“Friendly Staff, Updated Rooms, Classy Style Near More Than You Imagined”

Residence Inn Pleasanton
Ranked #6 of 14 Hotels in Pleasanton
Los Angeles, California
“Friendly Staff, Updated Rooms, Classy Style Near More Than You Imagined”
Reviewed September 16, 2010

In my job responsibilities and personal interests I travel a lot accross the US. I stay in all levels of hotels in multiple cities and time zones. Please allow me to rave about this one. I am always welcomed warmly at the Residence Inn Pleasanton. When pulling into the property or being delivered in comfort in the hotel's plush new Toyota Sienna van I notice the well kept grounds, clean lot and abundance of beautiful, mature trees that shade the entire property. It is nicely nestled just off the beaten path near a hillside. The lobby and dining area (free breakfast and social hour with a dinner, beer and wine) are well kept and a nice open space with a huge 60 inch flat screen TV and 2 50 inch flat screens. When entering the room, one notices (I personally love) the deep, rich colors, fabrics and materials like burgandy accent walls, granite counters and suspended designer, hand-blown glass lighting used in the updated rooms. Also, there is a nice 37 inch large flat-screen TV in each studio room. 1 bd rooms have a 37 and a 32 inch flat screen. I love to have a kitchen in my room for my longer stays. I have used the datacenter and free high speed internet (wired and wireless) both were great. The fitness center is newly rennovated and all treadmills and eliptical equipment and free weights are beautiful. A flatscreen TV is located in this area as well. There are updated conference rooms available if youneed them. Unlike many of my other hotel stays, this hotel is in the middle of a very upscale community. There are golf courses, hiking trails, great sunshine and warmer weather than other SF Bay area locations. A block away is a large shopping mall with many fantastic upscale stores and restaurants (Nordstrom, Macy's, Cheesecake Factory, P.F. Chang's). You can go wine tasting and to concerts 15 to 20 minutes away also. The friendly and helpfull hotel staff will guide you to whatever you may need. It is close to BART and the citys business complexes. I love the location and everything this hotel offers. With so much there, this should be your first choice to book a room in the area for business or a fun get away.

• Stayed September 2010, traveled on business
1 Thank MilesOfTravels

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (61)
Gurugram (Gurgaon), India
Reviewed August 4, 2010

Happened to stay with Residence Inn Pleasanton for long period as i travelled from India to US on business trip .The main reason i choose this hotel was because it was near to my work place. Reaching there I was surprised by the staff when he said “we offers you free pick n drop service within 5miles”.i was amazed as this service is one of its own kind. Yes,they kept their promise. even with short notice they use to drop me to near by places. hotel provides complimentary b’fast and happy hours in the evening. The food is ok but do not have much variety(not complaining).room are well maintained and staff is very courteous. Next best part is that this hotel is 5 minutes walking distance from stone bridge mall.. convenient for shopping and time pass

• Stayed June 2010, traveled on business
1 Thank abhinay
San Francisco, California
Reviewed June 16, 2010

got it for 79.00 for an overnight one bedroom suite with buffet breakfast rooms are ok but the carpets are stained. overall you got what you paid for...good for a large family !!!

• Stayed May 2010, traveled with family
San Diego, California
Reviewed May 4, 2010

I stay here a few days every month for work. I've stayed at a number of other hotels in Pleasanton and always come back here. The rooms have all recently been remodeled and they're well maintained. The staff is always very friendly and although I've never interacted with the cleaning staff, they always do a great job and keep my room in good shape.

The hotel is located right off the highway, but you don't hear the noise very much in most rooms and not at all when facing the pool. The location is excellent with the mall and restaurants right across the street, and Dublin and Pleasanton both are very close.

The facilities are well maintained too. I use the fitness room and swim laps in the pool when I'm here. The equipment in the fitness room is new and always clean. The pool is kept on the warmer side so it's comfortable even in the cooler days. And the hot tub is always hot.

Lastly, there’s free beer and wine served with food in the evenings during the week. They serve a free hot breakfast every morning, which is a great start to the day. For both of these events, you can either linger around or get in and out quickly.

I’ll continue to visit this hotel for years to come.

• Stayed May 2010, traveled on business
1 Thank brainlick
Indpls,In
Reviewed March 16, 2010

Doggie Doo on the stairs for three weeks with house keepers walking by really grossed me out. They never swept the hallways or stairways and literally left the doggie doo to disintegrate, which it did not.

• Stayed February 2010, traveled on business
GM_Residence_Inn, General Manager at Residence Inn Pleasanton, responded to this review, April 13, 2010
Thank you very much for bringing this situation to our attention. I would very much like to speak with you directly regarding this matter and how we can make amends. Please contact me directly at 925-847-0535, and I look forward to speaking with you at your earliest convenience.
Toronto
Reviewed April 15, 2009

I have experienced the Marriott Residence Inns on previous trips, and this location offers similar quality at a reasonable price. We booked a one bedroom suite, found it to be quiet, clean, modern, and totally comfortable. True, the elevator is difficult to find, but two flights of stairs were not a problem for us. Across from a major mall, and close to interstate highway access, this propery felt like home. Perfect locale to visit Napa, Carmel, or hop on the BART (5 minutes) to San Francisco. If you're seeking great value with all conveniences, this is your place. Also must mention the excellence staff service from check in to check out.

P&J Toronto ON Canada

• Stayed April 2009, traveled as a couple
Schererville, Indiana
Reviewed January 6, 2009

Especially for the price paid through Priceline this was a great deal.

I loved the location. It was close to the freeway, access to multiple freeways from the hotel. It was close the Dublin park & ride for the BART.

This was honestly the most comfortable, nicest room I've ever stayed in at a hotel that had the "Marriott" name on the sign. Great bed, not the usual super soft foam mattress. The bathroom was spacious, shower had fine water pressure. I really can't find anything that I didn't like.

I was not super fond of our room location because it was right outside of the back entrance to the hotel. It was a record high for November day, but by the evening I wanted to open the windows. I wasn't super comfortable leaving the windows open since I could see everyone coming and going but that was the only real problem.

Small issue was that the carafe on our coffee maker was obviously a replacement because it wasn't tall enough to activate the spring mechanism that made the coffee flow through into the pot. But oh well I made do.

I'd stay again. Between the room & location I have no complaints.

• Liked — almost everything
  • Disliked — room was close to the entrance
  • Stayed November 2008, traveled as a couple