“Very nice stay, very comfortable”

Residence Inn Pleasanton
Ranked #5 of 14 Hotels in Pleasanton
Boston, Massachusetts
“Very nice stay, very comfortable”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 28, 2014

My stay at the Marriott residence in was very nice and comfortable. When I come to Pleasanton, its usually for an extended stay. The Residence in is perfect for that. I had a one bedroom suite which had everything you need to make it a little home away from home. The bed was very comfortable, the sitting area is nice, there is a desk, table, chairs and kitchen which would be adequate to prepare a meal. The room was extremely clean and well cared for. I was in room 322. The only thing that I didn’t like was the fact that the room faced the highway. With the windows closed, this was fine, but noisy if you wanted to open them for fresh air. The AC unit was a bit noisy when it kicked on.

Breakfast was available each morning. It had basics like eggs and sausage, cereal, fresh fruit and pastries. Pretty much the same as any Marriott breakfast. There is a dinner buffet (free) on Monday through Thursday, but I didn’t eat there. I used the gym which has several treadmills, elliptical and weights. For outdoor running and walking, head down the street towards the Mall area. There is a very small pool and outdoor sitting area. It was ok, but not really inviting. I didn't use it.

The entire hotel staff very welcoming, helpful and accommodating. The hotel is about 1 mile from the office area, BART and Mall. I used the shuttle service to get there. I would recommend the Marriott Pleasanton Hotel for your next stay in Pleasanton.

Room Tip: Ask for room facing away from highway
  • Stayed May 2014, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (59)
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 21, 2014

This hotel was great. The staff was friendly, the shuttle service was very useful, the rooms were nice and comfortable to work in and the free food and drinks were abundant.
A great value and very comfortable! There was free breakfast and dinner with soft drinks and beer and wine every day. One night they had a trivia night and gave away prizes, it was a good time!!
I would definitely stay here again and would recommend it to a friend.

• Stayed February 2014
Irvine, California
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 23, 2014

I have been a long term guest here at the hotel and love it. The employees are so great and helpful. Couldn't think of a better hotel to call home for a while. Great location and great breakfast and hospitality hour food.

• Stayed April 2014
Los Angeles, California
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 9, 2014

My wife and I were pleasantly surprised. The suites were roomy and stocked with good cooking utensils, perfect for making a romantic dinner away from home. We found it very enjoyable. The only downfall was the quality of the breakfast. The food was all processed, and we prefer to eat more fresh food even if it's just fruit and bagel. The front desk was really nice, all in all we would recommend it.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Seeralon
Pleasanton, California
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 6, 2014

First of all the gal at the front desk, Jennifer Feliciano was welcoming and kind, & extremely helpful! I requested a room for 4 nights and to preview it, turns out the nicest room with everything I could imagine, smart floor layout with clean drawers that actually open! It has everything I could possibly need for a longer stay at the lowest price I have had in the Bay Area.,,, and believe me, I stayed at alot of hotels in this area.
If it had a larger closet, I could live here! Clean, organized, roomy,

Room Tip: Tell the front desk your preferences, and they will suggest what they believe you would like.... the...
  • Stayed March 2014, traveled solo
1 Thank kimwinkler
Beverly Hills, California
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 29, 2014

My wife and I were very pleasantly surprised by our beautiful, well-appointed one-bedroom suite, facing the quiet inner courtyard, during our three-night stay earlier this month, including a very nice breakfast buffet, all at much less cost than the typical tiny box of a room you usually get.

On top of it all was the outstanding personal service we got from Vanessa V. the Front Office Manager. Returning home, we discovered that we had left a stack of clothes back in the hotel. After speaking with her on the phone, she located our things and personally took care of mailing them back to us, making sure we had a tracking number. That tracking came in handy when the post office botched the delivery, actually sending our things in a round-trip back to Pleasanton. Vanessa worked it out with the local USPS delivery supervisor and we received everything the next day. That’s what I call personal service!

We’d be happy to stay there again anytime.

Room Tip: Rooms facing the inner courtyard are quieter.
  • Stayed January 2014, traveled on business
2 Thank D B
Margie J, General Manager at Residence Inn Pleasanton, responded to this review, January 30, 2014
Thanks for taking the time to share your positive comments during your recent stay with us. I am go glad you enjoyed the suite and the breakfast.

But more importantly, I am so glad that we were able to get your belonging back, as I know that Vanessa had been working on this for you. She truly is one of our best employees, so I was delighted to read this review.

We look forward to seeing and your wife again on your next visit here.

Best Regards,
Margie Johnston
Elk Grove, California
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 22, 2014

Stayed here between Christmas and New Years. It was very convenient to lots of stores. Went to the Stoneridge Mall in Pleasanton, the group of stores just North of the 580 (Michael's, Half Price Books, Ross, Marshall's etc.) and boutiques in Danville.

The breakfast was delicious and plentiful. The coffee was good.

Our room was quiet and we slept very well.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled as a couple
Margie J, General Manager at Residence Inn Pleasanton, responded to this review, January 24, 2014
Thanks for sharing your thoughts on your stay with us. So glad that you enjoyed the location; it is a great getaway for shopping and dining.

Nice to hear good comments on our breakfast as well. We hope to see you back at the hotel again soon.

Regards,