“Great Hotel!!”

Ranked #5 of 14 Hotels in Pleasanton
Orange County, CA
“Great Hotel!!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 1, 2013

My husband & I stayed one night before attending a Raider game in Oakland. I chose Pleasanton because it's a short drive into Oakland & it's a much nicer area. There were some nice shopping centers with great restaurants nearby & the location was safe and close to the freeway. Overall we were happy with our stay; the hotel is nice, room was clean & had a full kitchen. Continental breakfast was included and although our stay was short we would definitely stay here again if we were in the area.

My only complaint is that when we got to our hotel room it was absolutely FREEZING COLD! Not just cold but freezing...the thermostat was set to 43 degrees! It was 10:30pm and it took a good hour for the room to warm up after turning the heater on & keeping the door open to let the cold air out. We had a good laugh since we had no warm clothes and did whatever we could to get warm including sharing the one pair of socks we had. We didn't let it ruin our trip but hopefully the hotel will check the room temps when people check out because I doubt that was purposely set so low.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
GM_Residence_Inn, General Manager at Residence Inn Pleasanton, responded to this review, October 3, 2013
Dear Mrs Madrid,

Thank you for your review and I am pleased to hear that you enjoyed our suites and the location. I will work with our housekeeping team to make sure our rooms are set to a comfortable temperature for our guests. If you are planning a return trip to the Pleasanton area, please consider choosing our hotel again.

Residence Inn by Marriott-Pleasanton

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (59)
Fort Worth
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 28, 2013

The pool on the website looks nothing like the pool at the hotel. It must be an old picture. I expected it to be better - instead, I just got average. The hotel next door was much better - a great place for drinks and hanging out, plus it had an awesome pool. It is close to the fairgrounds, so it gets points for that.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank d2davis
GM_Residence_Inn, General Manager at Residence Inn Pleasanton, responded to this review, September 16, 2013
Dear d2davis,
Thank you for your feedback on your recent stay. I apologize that our pool was not what you expected, but I am pleased you enjoyed our location near the Alameda County fairgrounds. Thank you for being our guest.

Residence Inn by Marriott-Pleasanton
San Diego, California
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 30, 2013

I am writing this to communicate with the hotel manager about a couple of issues. Overall this is a fairly typical Residence Inn. Our room no 235 was nice enough but when we tried to make ice from the fridge it did not work. Because every room has a fridge they do not have ice machines in the buildings. I called the front desk and they implied the icemaker was just slow. They offered to give us ice from the kitchen so we had to take a pot down to get ice. On the way down I passed another person bringing a pot of ice from the kitchen. Hmmm! Anway for the 2 days we were there the fridge did not make any ice so it needs to be fixed.

My second comment is regarding the breakfast which as others have written is fairly typical of this genre of hotels.I would recommend that you get another waffle maker because one is not enough when it takes 4-5 minutes to do a cycle and you have six people lining up to get a waffle. Most of the other hotel brands I stayed with have 2 waffle makers.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank BigMac26
GM_Residence_Inn, General Manager at Residence Inn Pleasanton, responded to this review, July 11, 2013
Dear BigMac26,

Thank you for taking the time to complete a review and offer feedback on your recent stay. I do apologize for the issue you encountered due to our freezer not making ice. I have shared your comments with our maintenance team and we are working to ensure all ice makers are working properly. We are in the process of completing a kitchen and Gatehouse project and will explore the addition of another waffle maker to our breakfast presentation. I do appreciate your input and thank you for being our guest. Should you have additional comments you would like to share, please feel free to contact me directly.

Peoria, Arizona
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 25, 2013

When we travel, we have 3 generations of family. Mom, Dad, 2 kids, and Grandma. We also have a service dog. So, we are not going to fit in a standard hotel room.
This was our third stay in a Residence Inn. We have also stayed in Livermore, CA and Tuscon, AZ. So, for this stay, we went looking for another Residence Inn.
We were again very happy. The two-bedroom units are perfect for our family. Mom and Dad get a bedroom to themselves, the kids share a room, and Grandma was comfortable on the couch (she prefers to leave it as a couch, not a sofa bed). As a bonus, the two-bedroom unit also has TWO bathrooms. What a plus when traveling with a larger family. All at less than the cost of most standard hotel rooms.
The kitchenette was wonderful. We were able to have some meals in our room. Everything we needed was provided. The breakfast was a fairly standard hotel free breakfast. It was good for Grandma and the kids. I struggled to find much since I am on a gluten-free breakfast. But, with the kitchenette, I was able to make meals for myself.
We did have one or two small maintenance issues, but a phone call to the front desk got them resolved very quickly.
I even needed to do laundry during our stay, and I appreciated having guest laundry facilities on site.
My only complaint was that the last night of our stay, the wifi went out for about 12 hours or more. Luckily, it was after my husband had finished his work for the day. If he had still needed to work, we would have needed to go somewhere else to find internet access. I did not take away from the rating for this because the staff was very apologetic and had AT&T out late at night trying to fix the problem.

Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
GM_Residence_Inn, General Manager at Residence Inn Pleasanton, responded to this review, June 27, 2013
Dear Ann L,

Thank you very much for your review and for being our guest! We are pleased you enjoyed the room to spread out in one of our two bedroom suites during your stay. I am happy the kitchen helped your family enjoy your visit. I do apologize for any problems you encountered including our internet being down during your stay, and appreciate your understanding that we were doing all we could to get it restored as quickly as possible. We hope if your plans bring you back to the Pleasanton area in the future that you will choose our hotel again.

Debbie Gudmundson
General Manager-Residence Inn by Marriott Pleasanton, Ca
Los Angeles, California
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 19, 2013

This hotel is in a great location, easy access to two major freeways, big shopping mall, places to eat etc. The studio room was a nice size, with interesting furniture and decor. It had a fully equipped kitchen, full size refrigerator, microwave, dishwasher etc. The queen size bed was comfortable with good linens. The free wi-fi and breakfast provide good value for money.

Unfortunately, I cannot recommend this hotel for a few reasons:

1) The front desk staff for check in was extremely slow, confusing and basically rude.

2) The building at the back does not have good access from the outside. I never did find the
elevators to the second floor. Maybe they were at one end if they existed at all.

3) The room is great if you only need one bed. But if you need another place for someone to
sleep, the sofa bed is pretty bad, sagging in the middle and the mattress leaves a LOT to be
desired. Plus no mattress pad or extra pillows were provided. This was true in both rooms
that we used during my stay. It was a miserable night. (One room a studio and the other a
one bedroom suite.)

Room Tip: Ask for a room in the front building.
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled on business
GM_Residence_Inn, General Manager at Residence Inn Pleasanton, responded to this review, June 21, 2013
Dear penguin3,

Thank you very much for your feedback and I am happy to hear you enjoyed our location, suite amenities, complimentary breakfast and WIFI. I do apologize for the negative interaction you experienced with our front office staff. I will share your comments and we will do our best to ensure our team is much more attentive and efficient. One of our buildings does not have an elevator, but the other two buildings on our property do. We do have items on request if a bed is not as comfortable as you like or if you need additional pillows. We are committed to continuous improvement and if you are interested in sharing more details of your experience, please contact me directly. Thank you for being our guest!

925-227-0500 extension 535
Fort Wayne, Indiana
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 4, 2013

This is what you would expect from most Residence Inn's - with free WiFi and breakfast. The workout room is nice as well (located in the main building if you want to request a room there for easier access). The pool is outside, along with a tennis court and nice gas barbeque grill area for customers to use. What I loved the most was the location - close to shopping, restaurants and businesses. I was there for business travel and was less than two minutes from the office. The mall is nice - with many good restaurants. The bedroom was updated with a large bathroom and comfortable bed and sofa. The only downside was that my TV didn't work in the room. I called about it around 3:00 p.m. and never got a call back. I called a second time and the maintenance crew had left for the day at that point. I wasn't too disappointed because I had work to do and could focus more. They did offer to switch my room but I was settled in and okay with it. The rest of the staff was great!

Room Tip: The workout room is in the main building if you want to request a room there. That is also where th...
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled on business
GM_Residence_Inn, General Manager at Residence Inn Pleasanton, responded to this review, June 5, 2013
Dear hulagirl90,

Thank you very much for your review and feed back. I am thrilled you enjoyed our suites, complimentary breakfast and WIFI, as well as our convenient location to shopping and all the great things to do in our area. I apologize your TV did not work and was not attended to when you reported it. I will work with our maintenance and front desk team to ensure this does not happen to a future guest. We appreciate your business and hope you will choose us again if your travels bring to back to the Pleasanton area in the future.
Best Regards,
Londonderry, New Hampshire
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 7, 2013

Typical room and grounds. Easy to find and good home base for a vacation in the Bay area. Free WiFi is a plus. One bedroom unit with kitchen good size and worth the few extra dollars over a basic hotel room when traveling for more than a night away.

Room Tip: When choosing rooms - be aware of freeway side if road noice bother you.
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
GM_Residence_Inn, General Manager at Residence Inn Pleasanton, responded to this review, April 9, 2013
Dear susan-lincoln,

Thank you for being our guest and I am pleased to hear you enjoyed our spacious suites and complimentary WIFI. Please consider our hotel for future stays should your travel plans include a trip back to the Pleasanton area.