“Incredible Value”

Residence Inn Pleasanton
Ranked #7 of 14 Hotels in Pleasanton
Reviewed October 31, 2011

Whenever we are staying in the east San Francisco Bay the Residence Inn in Pleasanton is our choice. The hotel is clean, comfortable and modern. The staff is over the top friendly and helpful. Large rooms with kitchenette, pool, weight room and full breakfast all for a relatively low price. Centrally located. You won't regret this as your choice so long as you don't need a 5-star resort.

Room Tip: Ask for an upgrade to a one bedroom
  • Stayed: October 2011, traveled as a couple
1  Thank HospitalDude

Reviewed October 2, 2011

i stayed here in before Nov 2010 as i was working temporary for a company near the area, it was the best value i ever got, a free breakfast every day with a variety of choices and a light dinner 4 days a week plus a shuttle that take you every day from and back to work... the premises are well maintained, not very busy, the gym is small but does its purpose, room are large and clean and many amenities are included even some candies!! I do recommend this hotel for any one visiting for business to this area, you wont be disappointed

Room Tip: high floor room with a swimming pool view
  • Stayed: November 2010, traveled on business
1  Thank Omani_madridi
Reviewed June 13, 2011

We needed a weekend away from the chaos of home, so we decided to get out for the weekend. I have to say that we ahad a very good and peacefultime here. Quiet, clean rooms and the Continental breakfast was delicious.... We would definately go again !!!

• Stayed: May 2011, traveled with family
1  Thank KBS60
Reviewed March 21, 2011

I have been staying at this hotel for my last 4 visit to Dublin, CA. At every one of my stays the front desk personnel have been very accommodating, fast and efficient, rooms very clean and the beds very comfortable. (Great nights sleep). I would recommend this hotel to anyone staying in this Dublin area, you will regret staying here.

• Stayed: March 2011, traveled on business
1  Thank Mollison1733
Reviewed March 16, 2011

I travel quite a bit for business, so I stay at a variety of hotels around the world. Any time there is a Residence Inn nearby, I usually stay there because it is simple, moderately priced, and comes with all the amenities you need with out the additional charges.

But not all Residence Inns are the same. Because some of them are in family vacation areas, they are sometimes run down, sticky, and kids running around. Not this one.

From what I saw at this hotel, the majority of the client-el were business people. It was nice and quiet. Also, the rooms were great. Newly upgraded with flat screen TVs, retro couch, etc. Room was clean, staff was friendly and the breakfast items were consistently stocked and hot.

One side note. I live in the area. The reason I stayed here is my family and I were abruptly displaced from our home do to a mold issue. All the hotels were booked in the area, including this hotel. I explained the situation to the GM and she was able to work something out. How is that for customer service? I can't remember the last time someone in any industry has gone above and beyond like that.

If you stay in the Pleasanton area, I do recommend this hotel. You have the mall right there, you can walk to it. BART just opened up a new station right across the street. I have nothing but positives to say about this hotel.

• Stayed: January 2011, traveled with family
3  Thank rrfernan
Reviewed November 4, 2010

I usually stay at the Pleasanton Marriott next door but decided to try the Residence Inn for my most recent business trip to the area. The pictures on their website looked good and they said the hotel had been renovated so I was hopeful for a good experience.

First off the hotel is not completely renovated, only parts of it which makes the whole seem a bit strange. The carpets are indeed heavily stained and worn. I was given a queen bed studio suite where I stayed for 5 days. Evidently they made a nice attempt at renovating the room; the decor was interesting, but unfortunately the sofa was badly stained (so bad that I used a towel to sit on it) and the easy chair's upholstery was torn. The rest of the furniture and the TV were fine, I liked the way the TV flips between the seating area and the bed. The kitchen and bathroom in my suite were clean. The bed was definitely not as nice as the Marriott next door, I was very disappointed at the thin pitiful duvet and used the extra blanket the whole time I was there. The heating/cooling system was not great, it was either blasting cold or too hot which made sleeping a bit challenging. The outside windows were dirty and the curtains inside were stained, so was the carpet - even the shower curtain had a gooey dried stain on it. To sum it up, the reno was good but is being poorly maintained.
Food - no restaurant or room service, but the hotel provides breakfast and dinner. The breakfast was very good with lots of choices, the dinner choices were not very healthy on the whole so I did not eat dinner there during my stay. The dining room is clean and renovated, and near the pool area. The pool area was clean. I used the exercise room; the machines are pretty recent and have individual TVs. They have barbell weights but no exercise balls, mats etc. No towels, antiseptic, water or other standard exercise room amenities were available, you had to being a hand towel from your room.
The staff were very friendly and accomodating - they asked me if the room was ok. I guess it was, for the price, but I will be going back to the Marriott next door for future trips.

Would I stay here again? Yes, if the other Marriott happens to be sold out (which does happen sometimes). For the price it was a pretty good deal. I would recommend that they train their cleaning staff better, or add additional staff to make sure the hotel is clean. Put better duvets and linens on the beds, and please replace the carpets, it would make a big difference...

• Stayed: October 2010, traveled on business
GM_Residence_Inn, General Manager at Residence Inn Pleasanton, responded to this reviewResponded November 16, 2010

Dear Guest, Thank you for your feedback and I apologize for any problems you encountered during your stay. We are committed to improving our guest's experiences every day. Please contact me directly at 925-847-0535 to better understand and address the issues you experienced.

Reviewed October 13, 2010

I've stayed at this Marriott brand many times, but this is the most poorly maintained property I've ever experienced. The kitchenette table was sticky when I checked in, the bathtub did not appear clean. I did report this, and the next day it was taken care of.

The carpets in the hallway and room are heavily stained and worn. There is an odd odor when you enter the room. They do allow pets, and I cringe at what is embedded in that stained carpet.

The dishwasher doesn't even clean the dishes. Coffee cups came out stained, i.e., the heat baked in the stains after housekeeping barely used any of the detergent based on how much was left in the pack.

This property is in serious need of an update.

• Stayed: October 2010, traveled on business
1  Thank mmcgui02
GM_Residence_Inn, General Manager at Residence Inn Pleasanton, responded to this reviewResponded October 25, 2010

I would like to take this opportunity to apologize for the problems you experienced during your recent stay. We have an upcoming renovation of the corridor carpets scheduled in the near future. We appreciate any feedback on how we can improve our hotel. Please contact me directly at 925-847-0535.