“Great service”

Best Western Plus Pleasanton Inn
Ranked #5 of 14 Hotels in Pleasanton
Reviewed December 27, 2012

Very helpful staff! Big plus! Even helped us with making waffles which we failed horribly at! :)

Rooms are clean and have good air conditioning. The location is right next to a really noisy highway though.

• Stayed: December 2012
Pleasantoninn, General Manager at Best Western Plus Pleasanton Inn, responded to this reviewResponded January 28, 2013

Dear Sammadeta,

Thank you for having a moment to share your experience at our property. We appreciate your positive feed back, I'm glad to hear that the staff provided the service that was needed. Hopefully when you return we will be done with the windows so the noise wont be a factor. One again thank you for your time and positive words.

Reviewed December 5, 2012

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with Best Western

Reviewed December 2, 2012

I have stayed at this hotel multiple times and each time has been a good experience!..The staff is friendly and will work with you on room issues. I look forward to spending many more nights at this location.

Room Tip: Smoking rooms are VERY stuffy...they will choke a non-smoker.
  • Stayed: December 2012, traveled solo

Thanks Jose C

My staff and I are pleased to hear that you recognized our diligent effort to provide quality customer service. We appreciate you taking the time to provide us with positive feedback. We look forward to having you stay with us again.

Reviewed November 23, 2012

This is a motel, not a hotel, next to the 580 freeway. But the beds were very comfortable and we were not bothered by the noise of the freeway. The air/heating unit was difficult to figure out and we had a minor issue with our door, but when we called the front desk for help the young woman manning the front desk, Shanika, promptly left her post to help us in person and made sure we knew both how to work the heater/air conditioner, and when help would be on the way to fix our door issue. We were overwhelmed at her customer service, especially since she was the only person on duty at the times we called for help. (Maintenance and maid service are from 9-5.)

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled with family
Pleasantoninn, General Manager at Best Western Plus Pleasanton Inn, responded to this reviewResponded November 27, 2012

On behalf of Shanika and myself, we appreciate your positive feedback. It is a pleasure to hear that Shanika provided you with memorable service. We look forward to your return and once again thank you for taking time out of your busy schedule to post a review on our tripadvisor page.

Reviewed August 20, 2012

We stayed at this hotel for a soccer tournament. The hotel staff was extremely friendly and helpful. They certainly make up for any of the lackings at the hotel.

The hotel is not brand new, but it is clean and a great location for things in the surrounding area. Their is a Bart station nearby and also easy access to the freeways, movie theatre and lots of restaurants.

The only problem we did have was with the door to our room. The deadbolt is part of the door handle mechanism and it frequenlty released the deadbolt when we were just trying to shut the door. The deadbolt would block the door from closing and we would have to "play" with it for a minute or so to get it to shut. Some of the other families in our soccer group said the same thing happened to them.

Overall this is a good budget friendly hotel when you just need a place to stay and get ready in the morning. It could use some updating, but we still had a nice time staying here.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank javillane

Thank you, we really appreciate your kind words. It was a pleasure to be able to offer your team and you a comfortable stay. We do apologize you found the door lock to be a burden. This door lock was engineered to prevent outside intruders from entering when the door is shut. We've taken action and have been in close contact with the manufacture to come up with a solution to this problem. I want to make it clear that security is our number one priority and we will take every action to ensure that the rooms are secure and safe. As for the updating we are in the process of making some changes at the property. We appreciate your time and positive feedback. We hope to see you again.
Best regards

Reviewed August 7, 2012

Purchased the hotel room on Hotwire for a great deal. Reviews seemed okay for this hotel. I called and spoke to a woman to confirm my stay, and to inform them that I would be getting in late because of our flight.

Checked-in only to find out that we got placed in a smoking room because nothing else was left. Asked if there were any other rooms, and was told no.

Wheeled our stuff to the room, opened the door and a waft of stale cigarettes consumed us. The room reeked of nicotine. It was disgusting and literally/figuratively nauseating. I was already nauseous from a long flight, but the smell of the room only made the nausea worse. Opened the windows and turned on the fan hoping to lessen the stench, but that didn't seem to help. Slept for 6 hours and left because we couldn't take the smell any longer.

I do not understand why hotels have smoking rooms because when non-smoking rooms are occupied, non-smokers are punished by being given a smokers room. Ugh.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank rx4foodies

I want to start by thanking you for taking time out of your day to provide our hotel with your thoughts. On behalf of my team and I, we would like to apologize for providing not so stellar accommodations.
Unfortunately, when rooms are booked through sites other than bestwestern.com or directly through the hotel the accommodations are subject to room types that are available at that point in time. We try to work with the guest to provide the proper room, but if we are unable to make a change then the reservation must stay as we received it. We value all our guest and it was never our intention to punish or penalize any guest for any reason. Our motto is to make every guest have a memorable stay. If you ever are considering staying in the area again please feel free to contact me and I will personally assist you with your accommodations.

Reviewed August 3, 2012

This was my second time staying here and although my first time wasn’t a bad experience the second time was way better than the first. Not sure if they’ve upgraded rooms recently but the room I was in this time felt fresh and clean. The staff was great and hospitable. The location was great, right near the freeway and close to where I needed to be (was in town for a triathlon). I explained to the front desk folks why I was staying there and if I could have a late check out, even though they had a large group coming in the next day they let me have as late a check out as they possibly could which was greatly appreciated. This allowed me to come back to the hotel after the event and shower before driving home. Great stay. Great value. Great customer service.

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled with family