“Make sure your expectations are low enough”

Best Western Plus Pleasanton Inn
Ranked #5 of 14 Hotels in Pleasanton
Reviewed September 15, 2011

Can't polish this turd. As I drove up in the afternoon, several small groups of shirtless men were on the hallway balconies smoking and drinking beer. The desk clerk had only smoking rooms remaining, but said maybe they could spray some Fabreze if the smell was too bad. (All other hotels in area were sold-out) My room was closest possible to the freeway (maybe 50 yards), the freeway noise was incredible. The room reeked of stale smoke. Air conditioning compressor didn't work properly, so room temp was up to 80 degrees during the night. Trading heat for noise, I opened the window at 3am to allow some cooler air in. The price of this place isn't enough lower than surrounding area hotels to justify booking it under any circumstance. Pay a few bucks more for another hotel, you'll be glad you did. Stay away from this one.

Room Tip: Stay at the Marriott
  • Stayed: September 2011, traveled solo
3  Thank Bryan C

Reviewed September 4, 2011

We stayed here in August. We chose a room on the ground floor which suited our needs however there is alot of noise from the floors upstairs which kept us awake most nights. The airconditioning worked well but was too noisy to leave on at night time.
Staff were pleasant and the hotel had a fantastic pool and spa.
The room was very clean and the bed was very comfortable.

• Stayed: August 2011, traveled as a couple
Reviewed September 1, 2011

First it took a while to get in our room since the key didn't work, so we were moved to another one. Room smelled a little moldy, carpet little dirty and the bathtub curtain was NOT waterproof so all the water went through it flooding the bathroom floor. It was late at night so all cleaning staff was gone, but front desk didn't have access to a mop? We ended up using most of our bath towels to dry floor. Not a great feeling when it's late and you're tired. It was ok for the 1 night we spent there, but I assumed since it was in a nice town, it would be a better experience. Highway is across from hotel, but noise didn't bother us! Cont. breakfast was just ok!

• Stayed: August 2011, traveled with family
Reviewed August 25, 2011

While I had an okay stay here, I am a little surprised by some of the glowing reviews. This place is fine, but not exceptional. I got in very late at night, so my stay here was rather brief I can live with some freeway noise, but the room had an odd smell to it when I first got in. My room was very decent, the bed was comfortable and the AC worked, so I have no real complaints. The breakfast was outstanding, so I changed my overall rating from average to very good. The desk staff was courteous and friendly.

• Stayed: August 2011, traveled solo
Reviewed August 11, 2011

This is a place where I felt safe,
Right off the freeway.
Near restaurants but check for rating before you go.
Friendly staff He made sure I understood where the room was and what time breakfast was being served.
hot breakfast

• Stayed: August 2011, traveled with friends
1  Thank nktraveling
Reviewed July 21, 2011

We stayed here one night on our way from SFO to Fresno after arriving on an evening flight. The hotel's location is very convenient right along the freeway, and right near a number of restaurants.

Unfortunately, the room I was given, while comfortable enough, absolutely reeked of solvents to the point that my eyes watered. There was also a thin layer of dust on everything in the room. It was obvious that someone had been doing some work in there only recently, and had not cleaned up properly. I had already been told by the front desk that they were sold out, so I didn't bother asking for another room.

The next morning, I was told that they had been refinishing the bathtubs in some of the rooms.

It is very unfortunate that nobody had bothered to check whether the room was, in fact, inhabitable.... For this reason, I can't give high marks to the hotel, which was otherwise just fine for a short stay.

• Stayed: July 2011, traveled on business
2  Thank okazon69
Reviewed July 18, 2011

We stayed here for one night prior to a business meeting in San Francisco. The location was great, the staff very pleasant, the pool/hot tub were perfect. After reading reviews about freeway noise, I was a little concerned about it, but we did not hear anything.

We will stay here again.

• Stayed: July 2011, traveled on business