“Hotel was ok, lack of attention to detail was not”

BEST WESTERN PLUS Pleasanton Inn
Ranked #6 of 14 Hotels in Pleasanton
Montreal, Canada
“Hotel was ok, lack of attention to detail was not”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 21, 2011

We stayed here one night on our way from SFO to Fresno after arriving on an evening flight. The hotel's location is very convenient right along the freeway, and right near a number of restaurants.

Unfortunately, the room I was given, while comfortable enough, absolutely reeked of solvents to the point that my eyes watered. There was also a thin layer of dust on everything in the room. It was obvious that someone had been doing some work in there only recently, and had not cleaned up properly. I had already been told by the front desk that they were sold out, so I didn't bother asking for another room.

The next morning, I was told that they had been refinishing the bathtubs in some of the rooms.

It is very unfortunate that nobody had bothered to check whether the room was, in fact, inhabitable.... For this reason, I can't give high marks to the hotel, which was otherwise just fine for a short stay.

• Stayed July 2011, traveled on business
2 Thank okazon69

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (34)
Citrus Heights, California
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 18, 2011

We stayed here for one night prior to a business meeting in San Francisco. The location was great, the staff very pleasant, the pool/hot tub were perfect. After reading reviews about freeway noise, I was a little concerned about it, but we did not hear anything.

We will stay here again.

• Stayed July 2011, traveled on business
Chowchilla
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 15, 2011

Clean rooms, nice neighborhood( near bart,shopping, restaurants. Super Franks was a new one to us:D), comfortable bed, plenty hot water in shower, true NSMK room, and decent ammenities. We stayed on highway side so there was some traffic noise, but not enough to disturb our sleep. We were there for the American Idol concert nearby, on a budget, and this hotel fit the bill nicely. Loved having the elevator. Would stay here again.

Room Tip: If you are a light sleeper try to get a room opposite highway.
  • Stayed July 2011, traveled as a couple
Grande-Anse
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 30, 2011

stayed for one night
Reception was efficient
Room were clean
Breakfast had very good fruits available
Right next to highway so you might want to have earplugs for extra quietness

Room Tip: Try to get room opposite side of highway
  • Stayed June 2011, traveled with family
Auburn, California
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 5, 2011

A pal and I just stayed two nights at this location. We found it by using TripAdvisor.
It was clean, attractive, and very comfortable. The employees were exceptionally helpful and the mini breakfast was adequate. The AAA rate was a good value too.

Will will be staying there again.

• Stayed June 2011, traveled with friends
Pleasantoninn, General Manager at BEST WESTERN PLUS Pleasanton Inn, responded to this review, June 8, 2011
Hello 1947FORD,

I want to thank you for taking the time out of your day to complete the survey. We utilize these surveys to provide better accomadations for our current and future guest. We hope to see you again and once again thank you for staying with us.

Best regards
Tim Simpson
Las Vegas, Nevada
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 14, 2010

My husband and I stayed over spring break and it was just as expected. The hotel was very clean and so were the rooms. Great location and easy freeway access. Very good value for the price!

• Stayed June 2011
Pleasantoninn, Manager at BEST WESTERN PLUS Pleasanton Inn, responded to this review, July 8, 2010
Dear guest, I was happy to hear that you had a good experience at our hotel recently. Our hotel focuses on customer service, clean rooms and overall value. We offer very competitive rates and feel that the customer is getting a good value. Depending on the time of the year, we can offer you a lower rate so feel free to contact the management directly. Once again, thank you for staying with us and we hope that you choose us again. Thank you!
Vallejo, CA
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 14, 2009

We recently stayed here to attend a wedding. The General Manager kept asking if we had stayed there before, which we replied no. I said we normally stay at a "best Western" when traveling. I had made the reservations online. When we checked out the next day, the clerk commented on the price we were paying. He mentioned that the amount we were paying was $20 more than the usual rate. He said he would talk to the GM and hopefully we would get a credit. NO we didn't. I would have thought that by making the reservations 1 month ahead, I would have received the lowest rate. oh well....I learned my lesson. The room was quiet and clean. The breakfast was ok.

• Stayed August 2009, traveled as a couple
Pleasantoninn, Hotel Manager at BEST WESTERN PLUS Pleasanton Inn, responded to this review, December 9, 2009
Hello, I am sorry to hear about the problem with the price. If you would like you can call me to discuss as I am unclear what had happened. It does sound like you liked the room and the breakfast. I hope that you consider us in the future. Thanks for trying us and please call me if you have any questions.