“Nice hotel with good location and well priced”

Courtyard Pleasanton
Ranked #8 of 14 Hotels in Pleasanton
Reviewed December 30, 2013

Booked the room through my Southwest airlines flight reservations and got a good price compared to other internet sites. Stayed for work plus a visit to see grandma and great grandparents. The room and beds were clean and comfy. The bathroom was also clean with no problems. The wi-fi worked well, there's small but decent gym, and their Bistro has a Starbucks counter. I could hear the person above us walking around, but it was minor. Even with plenty of restaurants next door the general area was quiet. Easy access to the highway, shopping, restaurants and sports bars to catch a game. It was too cold to try the pool, but maybe next time. I'd recommend this place if staying for business or in town for a short visit.

Room Tip: Ask for upper floor to avoid hearing the footsteps from the room above
  • Stayed: December 2013, traveled on business
GMLowe, General Manager at Courtyard Pleasanton, responded to this reviewResponded January 3, 2014

Thank you for your review, we are glad you enjoyed your stay. We recently expanded our exercise room (double the size) and are awaiting the delivery of additional equipment. We hope you can come back and visit again.

Reviewed October 4, 2013

This is a fine hotel to stay in. The staff are exceptionally friendly. The room was clean and tidy and left nothing to be desired. My main complaint would be that the floors are kind of thin so when the guy above me walked around, it was kind of loud. I'd suggest asking for a second floor room. The location is convenient to the businesses near the highway but I'd prefer to be closer to the quaint downtown of Pleasanton.

Room Tip: Ask for one on second floor
  • Stayed: October 2013, traveled on business
GMLowe, General Manager at Courtyard Pleasanton, responded to this reviewResponded October 14, 2013

Thank you for your comments! We are glad you enjoyed your stay. We work hard to have great problem free experiences and you are right, requesting an upper floor can be quieter due to having no one above you. Come back and see us again.

Reviewed September 9, 2013

As someone who travels for work, I have the option to stay about anywhere. I usually prefer the Courtyards over regular Marriotts. Smaller and more of a friendly we care feeling. I stayed at this hotel for a total of 20 nights over 4 weeks. I was there so long the staff knew me by name, without looking it up. Close to Chillis for dinner and drinks, 880 and the 580 freeways are really close and the BART is within a few miles. Great location.

The staff is execellent. I was flying home on the weekends and wanted to leave some stuff at the hotel. 20 nights you want some stuff to make it like home. Snacks, soda, case of water, beer or 2. Checked with the front desk and they said they would hold it. Just needed to have it all tagged. No problem. Took it all down, tagged it, and they took it to the back area. Usually checking in I was greeted by Eden and Shanna. Both very personable and friendly. They checked me in, saw my preferences, got a room assigned, and helped get my stuff back to my room. Baggage cart is awesome. The whole staff is great to ask for places to eat around the area. And there is really alot near there if you know where to look. The mall 2 miles west is a good place.

Bed was one of the best I have slept on. Quiet rooms, working ice machines, and pretty good free WIFI. There is a higher grade WIFI for 5 bucks a day. Never tried it. Free worked pretty good. TV's are HDMI cable friendly. Connected laptop with HDMI and played movies. Very nice place to stay. Will return again if in the area.

Room Tip: The elevator is in the far NE corner. Unless you like to walk back to it, your taking the stairs. Th...
  • Stayed: August 2013, traveled on business

Thank you for your review, we are glad you enjoyed your stay. We hope you can come back and visit us again.

Reviewed August 3, 2013

We stayed here for a week, we picked this hotel because it was close to the BART station which meant easy access to SF and easy drive to other parts of the area. The staff were nice and shelfful, a pleasure to deal with. The room was nice and clean and the lobby was lovely. My only main complain is if the hotel provided a shuttle service to the bart station and the near buy mall. Driving and walking wasn't always a desirable option.
Would recommend.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled as a couple
GMLowe, General Manager at Courtyard Pleasanton, responded to this reviewResponded August 7, 2013

Thank you for your comments and we are glad you enjoyed your stay.

Reviewed July 8, 2013

We stayed here one night while in town for a triathlon. The place is very nice and welcoming. The beds were quite comfortable. Good water pressure in the shower. Our room was fairly close to the elevator and ice machine, but I wasn't kept up by anybody. I'm not certain if that's because the room is soundproofed well, or if the hotel was just not crowded. The staff let us have a late checkout which was helpful and let us be able to take a shower after our race. The pool was a good temperature, but the water was a little murky. I do wish there had been a hot tub.

If you get the chance, eat next door at Eddie Papa's American Hangout! It was amazing!

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled with friends
GMLowe, General Manager at Courtyard Pleasanton, responded to this reviewResponded July 29, 2013

Thank you for your review and we are glad you enjoyed the hotel and were able to accommodate your schedule, we hope you did well in the event!

Within the next couple of weeks we should begin the final part of our renovation which is to re-purpose the spa area by creating a larger work out room.

Thanks for choosing Marriott.

Reviewed July 3, 2013

This is a typical post-renovation courtyard and overall I was pleased with service, food and the room. The've got a pool area which is nice. The minor drawbacks included: the view from the rooms is either the parking lot or the pool (depending on which side you're on), the workout room is tiny about 20 feet by 8 feet and has a handful of treadmills one bench and some assorted dumbbells, no elevator so if you're on the second floor be prepared to carry your luggage up the stairs (so you're going to get a workout whether you use that tiny room or not). For business it's fine. The location leaves something to be desired as there's not much around without driving at least a couple miles.

Room Tip: Ask for a room on the first floor as there is no elevator.
  • Stayed: June 2013, traveled on business

Thanks for your recent review and we are glad you enjoyed your stay.

Within a couple weeks we will be re-purposing our former spa area to an expended workout room, which will be the final piece of our current renovations.

We do have and elevator located in the NE corner of the hotel accessing all 3 floors. Some rooms can still be a walk from the elevator. We work hard to accommodate requests for either the first floor or nearer to the elevator if needed.

Thanks for choosing Marriott.

Reviewed June 23, 2013

The staff is fantastic. They go out of their way to help in any way needed. One member of our group needed a tie for the next day. The front desk clerk went home on her break and brought him a tie to use. I stayed for a week and had a king room. The room was very clean, spacious and comfortable. It has a living area with a love seat and coffee table and a desk area with a very comfortable chair. The wifi access is very easy and fast. Breakfast was included with the room and they offered many different types of selections. I highly recommend staying here.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled on business
GMLowe, General Manager at Courtyard Pleasanton, responded to this reviewResponded June 24, 2013

Thank you for your kind comments and we are glad you enjoyed your stay. Your colleague shared the storey of the tie with me while he was here. Shauna was the one that helped, she is a great asset to our hotel.

We hope you can come back again!