WINNER WONDERLAND

“Honest staff & Great hotel!” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Courtyard Pleasanton

Courtyard Pleasanton
Ranked #7 of 14 Hotels in Pleasanton
“Honest staff & Great hotel!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 28, 2013

I stayed there for one night and accidently left my watch in the room while checking out. on my way back to Philadelphia I just realize it but it was too late. I make a phone call and the staff named Eden was really helpful and managed to send the watch back to me. The watch has a sentimental value thus very important to me. Thanks to Eden - and the great staff there. Lovely hotel.

• Stayed May 2013
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
GMLowe, General Manager at Courtyard Pleasanton, responded to this review, May 30, 2013
Thank you for staying with us, and I am glad we were able to get your watch back to you promptly. I will make sure to pass on your comments to Eden.

Thanks for choosing Marriott!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (27)
Houston, Texas
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 6, 2013

I was rather disapointed in staying at this marriott I have been to others but was a bit put off by the was the rooms were out dated and smelled of paint and mothballs. The staff was friendly and the room was a good size, by I like a more updated room when I stay at a marriott hotel.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
GMLowe, General Manager at Courtyard Pleasanton, responded to this review, May 8, 2013
Thank you for your comments and submitting a review. I apologize that we did not meet your expectations in Februay.

However I am pleased to let you know that in late February we began our rooms renovation and it was full complete on April 12th. I hope that you will give us another opportunity to come and enjoy our brand new rooms!
Mill Valley, California
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 9, 2013

They have great people working there and keep their staff. Nice lounge and cool restaurant that is casual but chic. I love the pool area and nice seating so you can do business outside or inside. This is the place I put all my people when they come to town and there has never been a hiccup or complaint.

Room Tip: Pool view is sunny
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
GMLowe, General Manager at Courtyard Pleasanton, responded to this review, April 18, 2013
Thank you! we are glad you enjoyed your stay. Renovation is complete and all rooms are looking great.
San Diego
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 8, 2013

I wanted to respond after reading the post about not calling if you left something. I would like to say I left both my Tiffany Co. wedding rings (I know how stupid) in the top drawer of my room. I didn't realize this until I was at the SFO airport. I called hopped back in the car and called them on the way. Not only did they go check the room to get them for me but they were very kind and helpful. If I can get 15K worth of jewelry back I would say that is a pretty honest staff. I had a positive experience with the staff on my two stays for 4+ days.

Having said that, the hotel rooms are loud. I had to change my room one night. You can hear the doors of the other rooms opening and closing as they slam shut very loud. The second time we stayed they were doing renovations near our room which was annoying. The best are comfortable but overall it is a pretty noise paper thin walls type hotel. Next time I will be trying the Hyatt House.

Can't say enough about the staff.

• 5 of 5 bubbles
Thank you for you kind comments regarding lost and found. We work very hard to retain and return items to our guests.

You will be glad to know that our rooms renovations are now complete and with the exception of removing the box containers from the lot there is no more activity, we hope that you come back and try us again.
Atlanta, GA
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 26, 2013

I arrived and they had lost my reservation, I showed them my confirmation email but that didnt seem to do any good. I asked if they had rooms available and they did, but for some reason wanted to get to the bottom of why they couldnt find my reservation. I had just flown all day and wanted a bed, not to stand arguing with anyone. Once they gave me a room it was on the third floor and the hallway to my room was closed so I had to walk around the entire hotel and carry my bags up to the third floor since the elevator was not working due to construction.

The room itself was fine, it had recently been updated. They could have put more effort in the bathroom, but that is typical. I was awoken at 5 AM by the construction crew coming in which was frustrating. The bed was pretty comfortable and the room was clean.

The restaurant up front was quick and tasted pretty good for breakfast.

• 3 of 5 bubbles
Thank you for your comments, and I am glad you enjoyed the updated room. I apologize about the mix up with the reservations? if there is anything I can do please contact me.

I am sorry that the renovations inconvienenced you, we worked very hard to minimilze guest impacts as much as we could. We are completely done with the work now and all rooms have been renovated.

Please come see us again.
Roswell, Georgia
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 19, 2013

This is about as normal a Courtyard as you can find and fortunately they are updating it now. But, this means no elevator, you have to schlep your stuff up the stairs. The pool is outdoors and closed. Our reservation was screwed up and they damn near made it worse by pulling someone else's res from next month with a similar name rather than fixing ours. The plumbing is weak, low flow water and easy clog pipes and the electric has some kind of flow preventer so my blow dryer took an hour.

• 3 of 5 bubbles
Thank you for choosing the courtyard! I apologize the the renovation work inconvienenced you, we worked hard to minimilize the impacts to our guests. We have completed the work and all rooms have been updated.

I am sorry that the pool was still closed during your visit, we do close it for the winter from November through April. We will also be renovating our former spa area, utilizing the space to expand our fitness room.

Please come back again.
South Carolina
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 9, 2013

The hotel was everything a Courtyard should be - conveniently located, comfortable, and quiet. The bistro food and beverage was much better than you would expect in this price range, and the staff was great. (Hi Eden!)

My room (224) was tomb-quiet and the bedding wasn't overly soft like some brands are moving to. Of course, this is personal preference, but I like the firmer feel. The wi-fi is the fastest I've every experienced in a public setting - even the complimentary speeds are plenty for good Skype conversations. You can pay $4.99 for faster (free to Gold and Platinum Rewards peeps), but you may not need it.

Check to see if your company or client has a negotiated rate - it can save you a lot of money.

I will be back next week.

• 5 of 5 bubbles
GMLowe, General Manager at Courtyard Pleasanton, responded to this review, March 11, 2013
Thank you for your review and kind comments regarding the staff and hotel. We work hard to make your experiencde a great and memorable one.

We look forward to having you back this week. We only have a few renovated rooms back so far, but almost half of the hotel will be done by the end of the week.

Thanks for choosing Marriott.