“OK but not great!” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #7 of 14 Hotels in Pleasanton
Rancho Cucamonga
“OK but not great!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 20, 2011

The lobby is misleading. I checked in and saw a great modern lobby, beautiful clerk Lisa and she was professional and helpful. The lobby fireplace was on, the bar was hopping and the sitting area was inviting. We checked in and went on to our room. We passed from the 2010's to the 1990's. Though it was clean and stain free, the carpet, wall paper and popcorn ceiling was old and dreary. the place looks like they got the last remnents of carpet from the 1980's. We got in the room was the same. The flat screen tv and desk were new and modern but thats it. Still clean and super nice, but old design and old style. If your 60 plus you'll probably never notice the age. The tile in the bathroom, the mirror closet doors and small bathroom all lead me to 1989. The TV and lobby lead me to 2010. Im confused.

Room Tip: Room 218 has a great balcony close but not over the pool.
  • Stayed December 2011, traveled with family
    • 5 of 5 stars
GMLowe, General Manager at Courtyard Pleasanton, responded to this review, June 4, 2012
Thank you for choosing the Courtyard! I am glad you enjoyed our new and updated Lobby and Bistro. We are scheduled to renovate our room begining in January 2013 so come back and visit again.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (26)
Denver, CO
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 17, 2011

No problems or concerns with the things most important to me - a clean room, good internet, comfortable bed. I took BART from the San Francisco airport, train ride was approx 1 1/2 hours, the station was very close by, $4.50 cab ride or walking distance if you are traveling light. There is a small "bistro" on site serving basic food, nothing to brag about but OK and convenient if you don't want to leave the hotel. It was expensive though, no happy hour or complimentary breakfast to be found here. My room was at the far end of the hotel and quite a hike from the lobby, the elevator was hard to find, missed the turn a couple of times. I was happy to see the balcony and to have the option of fresh air (the weather was beautiful) but the noise from the nearby freeway was way too loud so the open door didn't last for long. Room appeared to have been recently remodeled, I love the large desk area and the free wireless internet was robust enough for me to be able to work without a problem. The staff were friendly and helpful. I won't hesitate to book a room here again next time I'm in town.

• Stayed October 2011, traveled on business
Des Moines, Iowa
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 11, 2011

I am a diamond member with Hilton and stay on their properties for business frequently (especially Hampton Inn). I need to stay on this property to the proximity to my office and the fact that there wasn't a Hampton Inn as close.

The lobby has been remodeled which led me to believe that the rest of the hotel was updated but not so much. The check in staff were friendly but I noticed that the cafe area wasn't free, including breakfast (Hampton Inn has free bfast). My room was way on the other end of the hotel and I had a hard time finding the elevator.

My room is somewhat remodeled but could be better. The thermostat doesn't seem to actually heat or cool the room - I was looking for cold AC but didn't get it. There was a small balcony with a sliding door but the road noise was really loud. Bed was ok on comfort but I did appreciate the outlet on the light above the nightstand to plug in my cell phone. The sink never had hot water although the shower did. The pressure in the shower wasn't great.

Internet seemed plenty fast and I could stream tv/movies fairly well. The large flat screen tv was also nice.

Overall, I'd rather drive a little further and stay at the Hampton Inn in Livermore.

• Stayed October 2011, traveled on business
portland, or
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 23, 2011

If I paid full price for this hotel, I would have been very unhappy. Since we got a killer deal, it was much more tolerable. This should not be a 3 star hotel. The maintainance team needs to get to work and clean the outside as well as the inside.

• Stayed September 2011
    • 2 of 5 stars
Los Angeles, California
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 2, 2011

I stayed here in May. Everything looked clean but I ended up getting scabies about a month later (the symptoms take about a month to show) so I am positive it was from my stay here because I hadn't slept anywhere besides my own bed prior and after my stay. The scabies were the worst thing that happened to me I had to suffer for the past 3 months. DO NOT STAY HERE they don't wash their sheets. I am very angry!

• Stayed May 2011, traveled with friends
1 Thank lolapriz
San Diego, CA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 19, 2011

This hotel proved to be comfortable and quiet, away from any traffic--and less expensive than I would have anticipated. I was especially pleased that a friendly hotel clerk put me on the line to a recommended chiropractor needed on an emergency basis.

• Stayed May 2011, traveled with family
Los Angeles, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 7, 2011

If you are looking for a comfortable stay in the Pleasanton area, this is the hotel for you. The hotel has a great lobby area for breakfast, coffee and a glass of wine in the evening. It's very welcoming with modern decor. The rooms are large and clean. The best part about this hotel is the bed. Our bed had a memory foam mattress and it was the best night's sleep we've had in a while. The location is close to the freeway, a large mall, and several wineries.

• Stayed June 2011, traveled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 stars
Also consider these accommodations in or near Pleasanton
DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Pleasanton at the Club
Larkspur Landing Pleasanton
Larkspur Landing Pleasanton
#8 of 14 in Pleasanton
4.0 of 5 stars 174 reviews

Been to Courtyard Pleasanton? Share your experiences!