“Aging ungracefully”

Four Points by Sheraton Pleasanton
Ranked #10 of 14 Hotels in Pleasanton
Reviewed June 14, 2013 via mobile

I stayed for 3 nights on a business trip. I'll be commuting to this area for several nights every other week and was excited to find an SPG hotel as these are always excellent when I visit Asia.

This property is older and aging ungracefully.

The rooms in the 400 block smell slightly musty and are very dated. The TV predates HDMI for example! Wifi service has great signal but a clunky interface that intermittently refused to connect to any of my devices and was so frustratingly slow when it did connect that I gave up and used 3G - Verizon and AT&T both have strong signal here.

The parking lot is spacious but full. It appears to have been rented to the local Mercedes dealership who have enthusiastically filled it with their pre-owned inventory.

Beds were comfortable and rooms were clean. I did not eat here and my service experience was limited
to a fast and efficient check in.

Overall it's fine and a fair value but falls short of the typical SPG experience.

• Stayed: June 2013

Reviewed June 9, 2013

After reading a few of the negative reviews before we left for the weekend, I was a little concerned. When we checked on Friday night the front desk staff were very welcoming and gave us our choice of floors. I chose the 2nd floor and we had a nice balcony which we took advantage of the next day with a few glasses of wine. It is true there isn't an elevator, but the stairs aren't exactly a hardship. House cleaning was in and out while we ate breakfast. The room was spacious and the bed comfortable. We didn't feel it was dated, but then again I don't expect them to remodel every few years, because then the price would have to increase to cover those costs. I found it a steel for the price. It has a great location and I would definitely stay there again.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed May 24, 2013 via mobile

Honestly I found the rooms a bit dated. The lobby is nice, and the room was clean but just old feel. I would not recommend it for the money I paid. Staff was nice though. Plenty of parking. Location is decent and Bart station not far.

• Stayed: December 2012
Tom B, General Manager at Four Points by Sheraton Pleasanton, responded to this reviewResponded May 27, 2013

Thank you for your kind comments about the Hotel and especially about the service. We have updated a number of items in our Hotel in recent years and do look forward to more in the near future. We do hope to see you again soon.

Reviewed May 19, 2013 via mobile

I have stayed at this hotel 6 times already this year and more the previous year. It is a great location since my companies headquarters are near by. Normally the stay is pleasant and I don't have much to be concerned about. This time I began to notice some alarming things such as cleanliness and upgrades are needed for this location.
My bed was hard and uncomfortable, the bathroom door wouldn't close, shower curtains need to be replaced more often, and the corners are of the room/bathroom are not getting cleaned.
This could have just been a time deal but I doubt my bed was the only hard one. If they added more upgrades to here I can't imagine it would be a bad thing.

• Stayed: May 2013
Tom B, General Manager at Four Points by Sheraton Pleasanton, responded to this reviewResponded May 21, 2013

Dear Disappointed, I want to thank you for your continued business with us and for being candid in your observations of your most recent stay. We have reviewed your comments to learn to do our job better. Please feel free to contact me directly in order to make arrangements for your next stay.
Regards

Reviewed May 2, 2013

Great place to stay if you're visiting the bay area. Nice quiet area with clean comfortable rooms. If you're driving its really easy to leave the car at the park n ride up the street and take the BART to anywhere in the bay area without the stress of traffic and downtown parking. This place is a few minutes drive to several wineries in Livermore. I paid $75 a night through Priceline and it was well worth it. The bed was comfortable. The service was great. The WiFi could be a lot better but that was the only bad thing I can say about this place. And I'm a harsh reviewer, check my other hotel reviews.

Room Tip: Several places to eat nearby but nothing good enough to recommend around the hotel. But in Livermore...
  • Stayed: April 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed April 20, 2013

I have just returned from a business trip staying at the four points Sheraton in Pleasanton. The hotel was friendly and accommodating with the rooms being large and reasonably well appointed. The in-house facilities were pretty good with a large bar and restaurant area. Breakfast was included although I have had better. One criticism was that the restaurant service was slow and the food arrived barely warm. All in all a reasonably priced business hotel but not much more.

Room Tip: 1st floor is better as rooms on the ground floor are directly accessed from the street.
  • Stayed: April 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed April 15, 2013

At $150 per night this hotel which needs room renovation is OK. At $240 per night, which I saw listed, forget it. Staff is friendly in office, rooms are clean but dated, grounds are very nice. Excellent, safe suburban location for doing work or visiting Pleasanton. Free WiFi was nice for low volume work, not a lot of bandwidth....

• Stayed: April 2013