“A nice lobby ...”

Ranked #10 of 14 Hotels in Pleasanton
Broomfield, Colorado
“A nice lobby ...”
Reviewed April 8, 2013

This is a 70's / 80's Sheraton, multiple buildings surrounding a beautiful courtyard. I understand this hotel is up for rennovation and desperately needs it. The gym is spartan and in a converted room. It doesn't open until 6am, because it's sandwiched between guest rooms. The rooms themselves are clean but not overly funcitonal. My building in particular smelled strongly of cleaning solution. Maybe they had just done deep cleaning, but the odor for the 2 days I was there was a little over powering.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
kewells, General Manager at Four Points by Sheraton Pleasanton, responded to this review, April 11, 2013
Thank you for your feedback, we really appreciate it! I've made sure that our Housekeeping Department is aware of the odor that you picked up - we are always careful to make sure that we control that as much as possible and I apologize for the inconvenience. Additionally, we are looking forward to a complete renovation of the hotel soon, and I'm sure all of your other concerns will be addressed when that is completed.

Karl Wells

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (75)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
New York City, New York
Reviewed April 4, 2013

This is not a suitable hotel for business travelers requiring WiFi. For both myself and a colleague who has stayed here another time, the connection was extremely spotty to the point of being unusable. I found myself driving back to my office at night just to take care of a couple of tasks that required internet connectivity. Otherwise no complaints.

Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
Thanks for taking the time to comment on your stay - we apprecaite your feedback. As you've hopefully noticed in my previous responses, we are in the process of completely upgrading wireless access throughout the hotel. Two of the buildings have all new access points, and we should complete the project within the next dfew months. We appreciate your patience, and hope that you'll give us another try again soon!

Karl Wells

Travelers are raving about these Pleasanton hotels

Santa Cruz, California, United States
Reviewed March 12, 2013

I was working in Pleasanton for months, spending 3-4 nights a week at the Four Points. I stayed at a couple of other hotels in the city, but found this to be the best in terms of value. It's not a high end hotel by any means, but the rooms were nice and clean, though I wouldn't call them modern. The pool area was nicely accessible (I hot tubbed a LOT). I only ate at the restaurant a couple of times; it was ok, nothing memorable. It's walkable to the BART station, which I used often for trips into San Francisco.

• Stayed April 2012, traveled on business
Sacramento, California
Reviewed February 19, 2013

I spent one night in a King Deluxe room at the Four Points in Pleasanton. Because of reading reviews here I requested a downstairs room since the hotel does not have elevators. I had to walk to a different building and it wasn't well marked so I kind of took a tour around the pool. Very nice parklike setting.

My room was just average. A typical room with a small bathroom but a nice patio area that looks out onto the pool. This is an older hotel so outlets were impossible to find next to the bed to charge my phone. Not a big deal for me because I am used to this and always bring a powerstrip but I had to crawl under the bed to plug it into the wall. Outlets were not easily accessible.

The room was very clean and the bed was very comfortable. The bathroom shower did not have individual shampoo/conditioner bottles but had large dispensers in the shower. Kind of convenient.

At $199 the room did not include breakfast. I've had better rooms for a lot less money at other hotels. Basically I would only stay here if I had a meeting in that hotel, which was why I went there in the first place.

Room Tip: Request downstairs room because there are no elevators.
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank Zephyr11_11
kewells, General Manager at Four Points by Sheraton Pleasanton, responded to this review, February 22, 2013
Thanks for taking the time to write such a detailed response and for posting such good pictures! I hope that they help future guests in the planning to visit the Pleasanton area. We are in the planning stages for our renovation, and I hope that if you're back in the area later on in the year that you'll stay with us again.

Lake City, Florida, United States
Reviewed February 16, 2013

We've stayed here twice in a month and are impressed with the friendliness and quality of this hotel. They have changed the matresses in the last month and they're much better now than they were our first visit. They have good, free bar food during happy hour and a good restaurant to boot.
It is about an hour drive from San Francisco airport. As a runner, I have had no trouble finding places to get in my runs.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
Thanks for the kind comments about our hotel - we're glad that our guests are noticing our new beds, and we're planning for a renovation in all our guest rooms soon. We look forward to having you stay with us again soon!

Reviewed January 23, 2013

First of all the staff is fantastic at the front desk. The rooms are comfortable and quiet, well appointed. Value is excellent. Coffee is ready in the lobby by 6:30 am. Faz Restaurant and Lounge are very good. For my business travels, this is my hotel of choice in Pleasanton.

Some things that need improvement. The fitness center is a guest room converted, too small, usually crowded. Breakfast at Faz is great quality, but it's the same every day. Internet service is good but slow, needs to be improved.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
Three Rivers, California
Reviewed November 5, 2012

Have stayed here twice in the last month. Very clean and comfy rooms - the beds were really comfortable! The staff is very attentive. Good workout room with a couple of treadmills, yoga mats, eliptical and bicycle. I liked their swimming pool - although the water temperature is too warm, it is of adequate size to swim laps! About a 20 yard pool. They have a good selection for their free breakfast - veggie and egg quesadillas were good.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled on business