“The WiFi is not usable” 2 of 5 bubbles
Review of Four Points by Sheraton Pleasanton

Lowest prices for {0} - {1}
Enter dates for lowest prices
We check up to 200+ sites for the lowest hotel prices
Four Points by Sheraton Pleasanton
Ranked #9 of 14 Hotels in Pleasanton
New York City, New York
“The WiFi is not usable”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 4, 2013

This is not a suitable hotel for business travelers requiring WiFi. For both myself and a colleague who has stayed here another time, the connection was extremely spotty to the point of being unusable. I found myself driving back to my office at night just to take care of a couple of tasks that required internet connectivity. Otherwise no complaints.

Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
kewells, General Manager at Four Points by Sheraton Pleasanton, responded to this review, April 11, 2013
Thanks for taking the time to comment on your stay - we apprecaite your feedback. As you've hopefully noticed in my previous responses, we are in the process of completely upgrading wireless access throughout the hotel. Two of the buildings have all new access points, and we should complete the project within the next dfew months. We appreciate your patience, and hope that you'll give us another try again soon!

Karl Wells

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (73)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
Santa Cruz, California, United States
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 12, 2013

I was working in Pleasanton for months, spending 3-4 nights a week at the Four Points. I stayed at a couple of other hotels in the city, but found this to be the best in terms of value. It's not a high end hotel by any means, but the rooms were nice and clean, though I wouldn't call them modern. The pool area was nicely accessible (I hot tubbed a LOT). I only ate at the restaurant a couple of times; it was ok, nothing memorable. It's walkable to the BART station, which I used often for trips into San Francisco.

• Stayed April 2012, traveled on business
Sacramento, California
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 19, 2013

I spent one night in a King Deluxe room at the Four Points in Pleasanton. Because of reading reviews here I requested a downstairs room since the hotel does not have elevators. I had to walk to a different building and it wasn't well marked so I kind of took a tour around the pool. Very nice parklike setting.

My room was just average. A typical room with a small bathroom but a nice patio area that looks out onto the pool. This is an older hotel so outlets were impossible to find next to the bed to charge my phone. Not a big deal for me because I am used to this and always bring a powerstrip but I had to crawl under the bed to plug it into the wall. Outlets were not easily accessible.

The room was very clean and the bed was very comfortable. The bathroom shower did not have individual shampoo/conditioner bottles but had large dispensers in the shower. Kind of convenient.

At $199 the room did not include breakfast. I've had better rooms for a lot less money at other hotels. Basically I would only stay here if I had a meeting in that hotel, which was why I went there in the first place.

Room Tip: Request downstairs room because there are no elevators.
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank Zephyr11_11
kewells, General Manager at Four Points by Sheraton Pleasanton, responded to this review, February 22, 2013
Thanks for taking the time to write such a detailed response and for posting such good pictures! I hope that they help future guests in the planning to visit the Pleasanton area. We are in the planning stages for our renovation, and I hope that if you're back in the area later on in the year that you'll stay with us again.

Lake City, Florida, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 16, 2013

We've stayed here twice in a month and are impressed with the friendliness and quality of this hotel. They have changed the matresses in the last month and they're much better now than they were our first visit. They have good, free bar food during happy hour and a good restaurant to boot.
It is about an hour drive from San Francisco airport. As a runner, I have had no trouble finding places to get in my runs.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Thanks for the kind comments about our hotel - we're glad that our guests are noticing our new beds, and we're planning for a renovation in all our guest rooms soon. We look forward to having you stay with us again soon!

4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 23, 2013

First of all the staff is fantastic at the front desk. The rooms are comfortable and quiet, well appointed. Value is excellent. Coffee is ready in the lobby by 6:30 am. Faz Restaurant and Lounge are very good. For my business travels, this is my hotel of choice in Pleasanton.

Some things that need improvement. The fitness center is a guest room converted, too small, usually crowded. Breakfast at Faz is great quality, but it's the same every day. Internet service is good but slow, needs to be improved.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
Three Rivers, California
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 5, 2012

Have stayed here twice in the last month. Very clean and comfy rooms - the beds were really comfortable! The staff is very attentive. Good workout room with a couple of treadmills, yoga mats, eliptical and bicycle. I liked their swimming pool - although the water temperature is too warm, it is of adequate size to swim laps! About a 20 yard pool. They have a good selection for their free breakfast - veggie and egg quesadillas were good.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
San Diego, California
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 5, 2012

My company has a negotiated rate, so I am required to stay here when in the area. I wish I wasn't. Sheraton seems to have created the Four Points brand by renaming aging Sheratons and acquiring lower end properties. This one is no exception.

While clean and in relatively decent condition, the entire property feels aged and worn. The grounds are nice, but the water features need some updating and the algae killed.

Note that there are no elevators, so insist on a ground floor unless you like dragging your luggage upstairs. If you are in buildings 300 or 400, it is a very long walk to the lobby and restaurant.

The restaurant is fine, but stick to the kebobs and related fare - they're very good. Room service is quick and well executed, but very expensive. A $13 entree wound up at nearly $40 total.

It's not a bad hotel, but it's not great either. Our negotiated rate is a good value, though, so repeat visitors, I suggest you do the same.

Room Tip: Remember no elevators and some buildings (300 and 400) are very far from the lobby. Call ahead to re...
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled on business
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
kewells, General Manager at Four Points by Sheraton Pleasanton, responded to this review, November 12, 2012
Thanks for your comments, we appreciate it! The good news is that we are scheduled to begin a renovation next year - with Starwood's assistance, we're sure that our property will be updated to the most current standards, and we appreciate your continuing business. We look forward to having you stay with us again!