“Nice landscaping, no elevators, mediocre room”

Four Points by Sheraton Pleasanton
Ranked #10 of 14 Hotels in Pleasanton
Reviewed February 19, 2013

I spent one night in a King Deluxe room at the Four Points in Pleasanton. Because of reading reviews here I requested a downstairs room since the hotel does not have elevators. I had to walk to a different building and it wasn't well marked so I kind of took a tour around the pool. Very nice parklike setting.

My room was just average. A typical room with a small bathroom but a nice patio area that looks out onto the pool. This is an older hotel so outlets were impossible to find next to the bed to charge my phone. Not a big deal for me because I am used to this and always bring a powerstrip but I had to crawl under the bed to plug it into the wall. Outlets were not easily accessible.

The room was very clean and the bed was very comfortable. The bathroom shower did not have individual shampoo/conditioner bottles but had large dispensers in the shower. Kind of convenient.

At $199 the room did not include breakfast. I've had better rooms for a lot less money at other hotels. Basically I would only stay here if I had a meeting in that hotel, which was why I went there in the first place.

Room Tip: Request downstairs room because there are no elevators.
  • Stayed: February 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank Zephyr11_11
kewells, General Manager at Four Points by Sheraton Pleasanton, responded to this reviewResponded February 22, 2013

Thanks for taking the time to write such a detailed response and for posting such good pictures! I hope that they help future guests in the planning to visit the Pleasanton area. We are in the planning stages for our renovation, and I hope that if you're back in the area later on in the year that you'll stay with us again.

Reviewed February 16, 2013

We've stayed here twice in a month and are impressed with the friendliness and quality of this hotel. They have changed the matresses in the last month and they're much better now than they were our first visit. They have good, free bar food during happy hour and a good restaurant to boot.
It is about an hour drive from San Francisco airport. As a runner, I have had no trouble finding places to get in my runs.

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled on business

Thanks for the kind comments about our hotel - we're glad that our guests are noticing our new beds, and we're planning for a renovation in all our guest rooms soon. We look forward to having you stay with us again soon!

Reviewed January 23, 2013

First of all the staff is fantastic at the front desk. The rooms are comfortable and quiet, well appointed. Value is excellent. Coffee is ready in the lobby by 6:30 am. Faz Restaurant and Lounge are very good. For my business travels, this is my hotel of choice in Pleasanton.

Some things that need improvement. The fitness center is a guest room converted, too small, usually crowded. Breakfast at Faz is great quality, but it's the same every day. Internet service is good but slow, needs to be improved.

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed November 5, 2012

Have stayed here twice in the last month. Very clean and comfy rooms - the beds were really comfortable! The staff is very attentive. Good workout room with a couple of treadmills, yoga mats, eliptical and bicycle. I liked their swimming pool - although the water temperature is too warm, it is of adequate size to swim laps! About a 20 yard pool. They have a good selection for their free breakfast - veggie and egg quesadillas were good.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled on business
Reviewed November 5, 2012

My company has a negotiated rate, so I am required to stay here when in the area. I wish I wasn't. Sheraton seems to have created the Four Points brand by renaming aging Sheratons and acquiring lower end properties. This one is no exception.

While clean and in relatively decent condition, the entire property feels aged and worn. The grounds are nice, but the water features need some updating and the algae killed.

Note that there are no elevators, so insist on a ground floor unless you like dragging your luggage upstairs. If you are in buildings 300 or 400, it is a very long walk to the lobby and restaurant.

The restaurant is fine, but stick to the kebobs and related fare - they're very good. Room service is quick and well executed, but very expensive. A $13 entree wound up at nearly $40 total.

It's not a bad hotel, but it's not great either. Our negotiated rate is a good value, though, so repeat visitors, I suggest you do the same.

Room Tip: Remember no elevators and some buildings (300 and 400) are very far from the lobby. Call ahead to re...
  • Stayed: September 2012, traveled on business
kewells, General Manager at Four Points by Sheraton Pleasanton, responded to this reviewResponded November 12, 2012

Thanks for your comments, we appreciate it! The good news is that we are scheduled to begin a renovation next year - with Starwood's assistance, we're sure that our property will be updated to the most current standards, and we appreciate your continuing business. We look forward to having you stay with us again!

Reviewed November 5, 2012

If looking at staying in Pleasanton, then please try this hotel, we have stayed here twice now and enjoy the lovely location with superb gardens and heated outdoor pool and spa. The staff were friendly and accommodating. The poolside rooms are spacious and very clean and apparently the maintenance manager inspects rooms on a regular basis to make sure everything is in good working order. The restaurant attached to the hotel delivers a wonderful breakfast with plenty of choice. i have never dined there in the evening so am not able to comment on that. Just a short drive away is the Stoneridge shopping mall and just over 5mins walk away is the train station that delivers a regular service into San Fran, the journey being only 40mins

Room Tip: try and get a room overlooking either the garden or pool
  • Stayed: October 2012, traveled as a couple

Thank you so much for your kind comments - we're so happy that you enjoyed your stay with us, and hope that if you're ever visiting in the area again that you'll make sure to contact us and rebook! Also, another great shopping option just opened up in the neighborhood - the new Paragon Outlet Mall is just 4 miles to the east of us with lots of high end stores!

Reviewed October 18, 2012 via mobile

Rooms were clean by and large, couple of marks on the carpet were all that let it down. Clean fresh towels, beds clean and comfortable. Breakfast is ok, I would order off menu because the buffet whilst in metal containers was cold, the heat lamps underneath were not lit. Food and drink is pricey but I guess that's the area for you. There are also loads of biting flies. Wifi in the hotel is terrible, about the best place is sat in reception, the hard wire in the rooms is your best bet for any real work. Overall not bad, I would perhaps not make this place my preferred location for visits out here.

• Stayed: October 2012
kewells, General Manager at Four Points by Sheraton Pleasanton, responded to this reviewResponded November 2, 2012

Thank you for your kind comments! We'll make sure to pass on your comments regarding the breakfast buffet to our restaurant partner, Faz, so they can address them accordingly. Also, we're planning improvements to our wifi system in the first quarter of next year. We look forward to having you stay with us again!