“BIRTHDAY MEALS FOR BOTH OF US”

Hap's Original Steaks & Seafood
Ranked #1 of 276 Restaurants in Pleasanton
Cuisines: American, Steakhouse
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed April 27, 2014

My wife and I really enjoy Hap's for our birthday celebration. The filet's are done to perfection along with the rest of the meal. I have nothing bad to say about Hap's. The service is impeccable. We both love the after meal coffee for some reason.

Reviewed April 25, 2014

I had a good dining experience here, though I would say that I could have better food elsewhere for a lower price. Had the prime rib and it was huge. It was good, but not something I would dream about at night.

Overall, it was okay but not a place I would go back to.

1  Thank Belle T
Reviewed April 16, 2014 via mobile

Out with in-laws and wanted good steak. Haps has friendly service, attentive and detail oriented waiters. although it's a bit on the higher price side.
However, we go for the great relaxing atmosphere and food quality.
They also have a nice bar, fireplace and great chairs at the fire if you have to wait

Reviewed March 29, 2014 via mobile

Excellent dinner w my son. He had the bone-in ribeye and me the prime rib, blackened Cajun style. A few beers and my two dirty martinis hit the spot. We shared a 3-layer chocolate cake accompanied by hi octane espresso. Great evening w Justin and a fantastic dining experience in old town Pleasanton CA. Pricey but well worth it. Highly recommended!!!

1  Thank Bern R
Reviewed March 27, 2014

Tough Prime Rib. This place may get by on their reputation for good steaks, but mine was so tough, that my 7 sear old could not chew his and spit it out. The prime rib did not have much flavor.
I think it was extremely overpriced for the quality of the food. It is also extremely noisy. The vegetables were also not very good the green beans were tough as well.
My check for one person for Prime rib, 1 glass of wine, a soup, soda and the Prime Rib for $75.00, inc tip.
This is a case were you do not get what you pay for in a Restaurant.
I like to pay for exceptional food. Hap's, was exceptionally bad. I will not go there again.
Also, one of my companions ordered Shrimp Scampi and it did not come out of the kitchen for 15 minutes after the rest of us was served.
Of coarse having good manners, we were all waiting to dine until she received her meal, while ours got cold.
Overall a very disappointing experience.

1  Thank Kim_AJ_C