“Road trip, overnight stay ... good choice.”

Larkspur Landing Pleasanton
Ranked #9 of 14 Hotels in Pleasanton
Reviewed August 23, 2010

My stay was brief and only for one night but I'm glad this hotel was our pick. Nice rooms, comfortable beds, big bathrooms and quaint little kitchenette. Helpful front desk staff and in room amenities. Close to freeway and easy to find. Would stay here again when in the area.

• Stayed: August 2010, traveled with friends

Reviewed August 6, 2010

The stay was pretty nice. The longest I've had in the area.
I was scared for my car; there is a ghetto club and a motel 6 or something like right opposite; once in a while you will run into people speeding to the in and out. A lot of police activity, etc on the street too.
Service wasn't the best, wasn't the worst. Rooms could be cleaner!

• Stayed: June 2010, traveled on business
2  Thank Route11
Reviewed July 12, 2010

My husband and I stayed here for one month while we were in between houses. We chose this hotel because they accepted pets. The one-bedroom suite was a perfect "home away from home"; the rooms were spacious, the bed was comfortable, wi-fi was excellent. and the staff was very accomodating. Our only complaint would be the kitchenette...it had a microwave and a two-burner stove but it would have been nice to have an oven.

• Stayed: June 2010, traveled as a couple
Reviewed March 14, 2010

I used to work in the Pleasanton area and pass this hotel on my way to work every day. When we moved and were coming back for a trip, we looked at hotels and extended stays in the Dublin/Pleasanton area. We had previously stayed at the Extend America Suites down the street on Dublin Blvd, but somehow stumbled upon this hotel. The front desk staff was very helpful especially Kevin who recommended trying to book online to avail of the better rates. When the booking was not going through, Kevin personally made the reservation for me and send me the confirmation. The hotel is very central to the Dublin/Pleasanton/San Ramon/Livermore area. It includes a free laundromat, free breakfast, cookies in the evening, a business center and fitness center. The kitchenette was exactly what we needed for our cooking needs. Dishwashing detergent was provided. The room was clean and quite spacious. We've already stayed at Larkspur on 2 occasions and have booked rooms for 2 more stays. This place is a definite find for someone staying more than a couple of days and interested in an extended stay type hotel. The hotel offered books for reading and the staff was quite friendly and patient when my 1 year old wanted to walk around and explore the lobby area.

• Stayed: November 2009, traveled with family
Reviewed October 11, 2009

I found this hotel online and thought it would be worth the couple dollars more to get a better experience. I was glad I did. Here's a couple of my takeaways:

Service - Very good, the check-in people phoned my room 5 minutes after I got there to confirm everything was to my satisfaction
Breakfast - Average - Basic continental breakfast at similar priced hotels
Room - Excellent , for this price range it's nice to have a flat panel TV and a kitchenette in the room. Plus the layout made both the bedroom area and the bathroom seem large. The fixtures and details were even nicer than resorts I have stayed at.

All in all, this would be my recommendation to any friends going to the area.

• Stayed: September 2009, traveled solo
Reviewed May 9, 2008

We booked the place because of the location. We were in the area for a wedding. The hotel was accomodating with helping out of towners get around. The continental breakfast is a plus. It helped with feeding the kids before going out into the town. There is fast food literally on every corner, and the BART is walking distance. The rooms were nice and clean and the beds were comfortable. The only complaint would be that the walls are a bit thin so when they are cleaning you can hear everything, but not sure what they can do about that other than choosing different cleaning times.

• Stayed: April 2008, traveled as a couple
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
Reviewed April 7, 2008

I have just returned from my 2nd stay at the Larkspur, and it was just as great as the first one!
We were in town for a swim meet and needed a hotel that was quiet (lots of sleep needed), with a good selection for breakfast, comfortable beds (the best EVER), kitchen facilities, and clean. The Larkspur is all of these things and more.
The availability of complimentary washers and dryers is a godsend when staying multiple days.
The rooms are very clean, the bedding is wonderful, I never heard a peep from guests above, below, or to either side of us, and the towels are thick and big.
Violet and Michael at the front desk were especially helpful at all times.

• Stayed: April 2008
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)