“Pleasantly Surprised” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #8 of 14 Hotels in Pleasanton
Aliso Viejo, Ca.
“Pleasantly Surprised”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 10, 2014

I stayed here after receiving a hotwire deal. I had not hear of Larkspur chain and was a bit skeptical. That quickly changed. Very Clean from the outside and plenty of free parking. Check in was a breeze with an offer of which floor I preferred. At the front desk is fresh fruit during the day and cookies at night for the guests (although in the future I would suggest tongs for the cookies) Room was perfect for just myself clean and well-stocked. My only issue was in the middle of the night I got cigarette smoke fumes from either another room or through my air conditioning vents as I was above the entrance area on the 2nd floor (room 230) and did not sleep well. The day of my check out they did accommodate me with a late check out so that I could sleep in. Overall a great stay and would stay again. Thank you Larkspur Landing.

Room Tip: Do not stay in a room that would be over the entrance area.
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled with family
    • 2 of 5 stars
    • 4 of 5 stars
Nicole M, Manager at Larkspur Landing Pleasanton, responded to this review, August 1, 2014
Thank you so much for your fantastic review. We truly appreciate your taking the time to write out some of your favorite things about our hotel. Your loyalty as a repeat traveler is so greatly appreciated, and we look forward to continuing to accommodate you during your future trips to the Pleasanton area. Again, thank you for sharing your feedback!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (43)
Fresno, California
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 29, 2014

My wife and I stayed here one night when we went to a Giants game and took Bart into the city. The staff at the front desk was very friendly and professional. The hotel is ok but needs some updating as there seemed to be a smell of some kind when you walked into the elevator and the hallways. The rooms were fine and you can get a very reasonable price. We paid $80 with our AAA discount. It is very close to the Bart Station which makes it easy to get to San Francisco. Roundtrip cost $11.90 to the Embarcadero Station. Morning breakfast was just ok, but still better than nothing. Would possibly stay there again if the price is right and was staying only one night.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 stars
Laurel I, Director of Sales at Larkspur Landing Pleasanton, responded to this review, June 5, 2014
Thank you for your feedback! We appreciate your staying with us, and I am glad to hear that you enjoyed most aspects of your stay. I am sorry that our fully equipped kitchens hindered aspects of your stay with us. We do offer long term accommodations, and many of our guests take part in cooking their own meals. We hope that you enjoyed the Giants Game and we hope to accommodate you again soon!
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 28, 2014

We needed a room and it was late. We found this hotel - very clean, and very reasonable. The clerk was most helpful with recommendations and directions to some restaurants. I just wish we were there longer to enjoy all the amenities - the pool looked very inviting.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled on business
    • 5 of 5 stars
Thank you for your review on Trip Advisor! I am glad that we were able to accommodate you during a time when most of the local hotels were filled up. We appreciate your business and hope to accommodate you during your next visit to the Pleasanton area. I am also happy to hear that you took recommendations from our knowledgeable staff at the front desk. They truly have the best suggestions!
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 26, 2014

Stayed here on a business trip and was pleasantly surprised. It was my first stay at a Larkspur landing and I would surely choose them again. The lack of a Restaurant and Pool did not influence my stay at all.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled on business
    • 4 of 5 stars
Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel, we truly appreciate your feedback. I am so glad to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us, and we look forward to accommodating you again soon!
Los Angeles, California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 10, 2014 via mobile

This hotels identity seems conflicted. It's not sure if it wants to be an upgraded hotel or a hostel.

Updated exterior and lobby, the lobby is very cozy. Rooms are partially updated.

Each room has a kitchen with outdated cabinets and stove.

Been here twice now. It's a good value that comes with problems.

Know the Internet price as they may try to gouge you if you are a walk in as we were. I was told several different rates but fortunately i had evidence of the online offer and was given that price. Although i told them two nights they checked me in for only one that I didn't know at that time. Although it was clear we didn't clear out they rented the room and we ran into the renters as we came to our room.

On our second visit they lost my reservation and had to get a one bedroom. 30 minutes after settling into the room, a family tried to enter. They rented the room to someone else. Had to get new keys.

Expect lots of long lasting cooking aromas. Our room smelled of curry and other strong spices.

The fitness center is clean and offers Life Fitness elliptical, treadmill and universal gym.

They offer free breakfast with an array of fruits breads and cereal.

Stayed May 2014, traveled with friends
2 Thank Mark J
Hi Mark,

Thank you for taking the time to review your recent stays with us here at Larkspur Landing. We appreciate your business, and are glad to hear that the majority of your experiences with us were positive. We do apologize if there was any confusion regarding our online vs. walk in rates. We suggest that our guests make their reservations in advance in order to receive the best possible discount online or by calling the hotel directly. I also sincerely apologize for our mistake in not offering you the original room type that you booked with us. This is not acceptable and I hope that we are still able to accommodate you in the future with a seamless and comfortable stay. Thank you again for your review, the feedback is much appreciated.
Fresno, CA
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 21, 2014

Comfortable accommodations at Larkspur Landing - Pleasanton. The property is quiet, clean and well-maintained and the service is very good. Room was modest in size but had all the amenities needed, including free wifi, iPod dock, and DVD player (with selection of movies available at the front desk). Free basic breakfast and easy access to the freeway. Would definitely stay again.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled on business
2 Thank RaisinCity
Laurel I, Director of Sales at Larkspur Landing Pleasanton, responded to this review, April 30, 2014
Thank you so much for taking the time to review our hotel. We are very glad to hear you enjoyed the accomodations, and took advantage of our various amenities. We truly appreciate your business, and look forward to welcoming you back to the Larkspur Landing Pleasanton very soon!
San Diego, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 3, 2014

I knew we would stay in the area but did not have reservations anywhere. First checked at a hotel across the street. $200 and no breakfast. I'm traveling with teenagers, so free food is a plus! I called here, was able to get a MUCH better rate, plus a very nice breakfast buffet in the morning. Very spacious - a separate room for me! A DVD library for the kids, free wi-fi, cookies in the evening. Very nice, clean, friendly staff, everything I would want. I will definitely stay here again when in the area.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled with family
1 Thank AndreaPMH
Laurel I, Director of Sales at Larkspur Landing Pleasanton, responded to this review, April 16, 2014
Thank you so much for your review on Trip Advisor! It is wonderful to hear you took full advantage of our great amenities, from breakfast to our complimentary DVD library! Traveling with teenagers can be demanding, and we are here to make it as seemless and comfortable as possible. We look forward to accomodating you and your family again soon!
Also consider these accommodations in or near Pleasanton
DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Pleasanton at the Club
Pleasanton Marriott
Pleasanton Marriott
#4 of 14 in Pleasanton
4.0 of 5 stars 269 reviews

Been to Larkspur Landing Pleasanton? Share your experiences!