I stayed here for two nights with my friend and her two boys (ages 4 and 5). On their website, this place seems like it goes above and beyond, but the reality is a disappointment.
The pros: Good location in that it's right off the highway and walking distance to several restaurants, including In-N-Out (though after passing Harris Ranch on the drive up from LA, which is where In-N-Out gets its beef, I don't think I'll be eating beef for a while). Also, the day staff is incredibly warm and helpful. Yes, all of the rooms are "suites" but I think a better way to describe it is "an average hotel room with a kitchenette." There's a small bed, a comfy chair, and a nice desk with two desk chairs-- no couch, no accessibility to any roll away beds/cribs, etc. Yes, they have a "business center" but that picture literally is the entire "center;" it's a little corner in the lobby next to their mini food-for-sale bar. The breakfast was nice with hard-boiled eggs, cereal, juices, coffee, bagels, and some microwave/toaster waffles.
The cons: My room spelled like a dead animal and the smell would not go away. Also, the Asian man that works the front desk at night was clueless and unhelpful. My friend and I walked in, each of us carrying a 40+lb sleeping child in our arms and the guy at the desk completely ignored us while helping the man in front of us sort out a non-urgent problem. Five-plus minutes went by with the man not even looking at us before I snapped, "Is there someone else that can help us? We've both got heavy children in our arms!" We then got no help with our bags/getting to our rooms.
Oh, and when the air-conditioning turns on, the sound is equivalent to a large jumbo jet landing in your room. It woke me up each time it came on and I'm a really heavy sleeper.
Lastly, the website said there were fresh baked cookies available in the lobby, something I was REALLY looking forward to! If there were cookies, I certainly could't find them. Very sad. ;o(
All in all, the stay wasn't horrible, but it wasn't enough to make me want to come back again.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Larkspur Landing in Pleasanton, California continues to provide excellent accommodations to business travelers and vacationers alike. Convenience is key when it comes to Pleasanton Lodging and The Larkspur Landing is located just off of Interstate 580 and is one of the few hotels in Pleasanton within close proximity to corporate offices of businesses such as Oracle, AT&T, Roche, PG&E, Front Range Solutions, Safeway, Sybase, ChevronTexaco, Workday and Kaiser Permanente. On your next trip to Pleasanton, California, consider The Larkspur Landing! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Travelocity, Booking.com, Orbitz, Priceline, Hotwire, Hotels.com, Cancelon, TripOnline SA and getaroom.com so you can book your Larkspur Landing Pleasanton reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Larkspur Landing Pleasanton Hotel Pleasanton
- Larkspur Hotel Landing Pleasonton
- Larkspur Hotel Pleasanton