“Superb dining for the totally relaxed!”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of Fontina Ristorante

Fontina Ristorante
Ranked #50 of 268 Restaurants in Pleasanton
Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Large groups, Families with children
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Accepts American Express, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Digital Payments, Free Off-Street Parking, Full Bar, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Street Parking, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible, Wine and Beer
San Ramon
“Superb dining for the totally relaxed!”
Reviewed March 14, 2013

LOVELY, small, intimate ristorante in Pleasanton, California (charming community) Very quiet and tranquil, excellent cuisine with a stellar wine list of variety. Right on the main drag (Main Streeet) in this quaint little town with a variety of ecletic shops, a museum, old hotel. Founded around 1849-1850? This town has retained it's love of heritage with many restaurants similar to Fontina's - but this one Italian place IS most special...Outdoor patio dining as well...

• Visited March 2013

Pleasanton, California
“Good service, good beer, but poor food”
Reviewed November 15, 2012

I can only comment on the one meal I had (vegetarian linguine), but I'm afraid to say that it fell into the category of "I could do better at home"; watery vegetables and no excitement whatsoever. On the other hand, the place had a cosy feel, friendly service, and a good local beer.

• Visited November 2012
2 Thank Oliver C
Wake Forest, North Carolina
“The best service ever!”
Reviewed August 23, 2012

We went to Fontina last night for my birthday. I must say that Allison, the waitress was the best. She did not hurry us but was attentive. We sat out on the patio which is so nice. I did feel that the inside needed something...nice artwork maybe, can't really put a pin on it. Anyway, I ordered the Salmon Fettuccine and my husband ordered the Blackberry Salmon on Polenta. My pasta was very good and I had a taste of my husband's dish and it was wonderful. I would highly recommend the Blackberry Salmon. Again I was so pleased with the service from the waitress to the fella pouring fresh water and removing the used plates. An 18% gratuity is automatically added to the bill but because the service was so good we added an additional tip. Wonderful location.

Castro Valley, California
“Great Food and Excellent Service - Can't beat the Location!”
Reviewed August 21, 2012

Shopping and dining in downtown Pleasanton is truly a treat so I must say to stop by and have lunch or dinner at Fontina's. I just had lunch there today and the experience was lovely. The restaurant offers a variety of treats at affordable prices. The fresh bread served at the table was still warm! Take advantage of the beautiful weather and dine outside. Hats off to the staff and management - very consistent in their food and always great service.

Pleasanton, California
“Try The Pumpkin Ravoli!”
Reviewed August 8, 2012

Even better than before
Have ordered this dish for years (from their vegetarian menu)
There are now more ravoli and mushrooms in the sauce---nuts top it off for the extra crunch
Nicely presented..
I highly recommend-pairing the dish with a glass of white wine..
Excellent dinner