“yummy cheese steaks”

Cuisines: Steakhouse
Pleasanton Ca
“yummy cheese steaks”
Reviewed October 11, 2012

This has been here for years, and the taste of the food is why. Great cheese steaks, great peppers, two choices, hot and milder. mmmmmmm

Visited September 2012

Mendocino
“Ok”
Reviewed September 6, 2012

This is not as good as some of the Cheese Steak Shops I have been to. Food was ok. Tried 2 different kinds.

Visited August 2012
Munich, Germany
“Delicious!”
Reviewed July 24, 2012

Monster tasty cheese steak, 10" stuffed with peppers... with a side and a drink for $9.10. Just like in Philly. Recommended.

Visited July 2012
Rochester Hills, Michigan
“King of Philly is great”
Reviewed February 16, 2012

I have been here before & I have gone back each time I am in Pleasanton. What can I say? I like it here. The King of Philly with sweet peppers & onions is great. The onion rings are great too. The only thing that could improve this would be the addition of fresh brewed iced tea instead of the soda fountain variety.

• Visited February 2012
San Francisco, California
“Not A True Philadelphia Cheese Steak”
Reviewed November 21, 2010

I spent my college years in Philadelphia and have had a great opportunity to sample Philly's finest. I was so excited to see that there is a Cheese Steak shop in Pleasanton, as there are very few places to get a true cheese steak. They've done a good job making sure to have Tasty Kakes and Amoroso rolls, but that's about it.

My wife and I split a cheese steak and some fries. First, the cheese steak tasted fine, but they are advertising this as a "true" Philadelphia cheese steak. Everyone who has experience a true Philadelphia chesse steaks knows that the only way to order is a whiz-with (that's a cheese steak with cheese whiz and onions for those who have never been to Philly). When I asked if they had cheese whiz, they had no idea what I was talking about. I immediately knew that I wasn't in an authentic cheese steak restaurant. Still, we went along with it anyway. You can get a cheese steak with American cheese. It was ok.

The restaurant was pretty grimy and smelled like old fryer oil. Not my best cheese steak experience. If you're looking for an awesome, authentic cheese steak in the bay area, go to Jake's Steaks in San Francisco (marina area). They're legit and exactly like a true Philly steak. They even have boathouse row painted on the wall. Classic!

Sorry Cheese Steak Shop...I tried, but you need to work harder.