“Best Kabobs and Saffron Rice”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of Faz

Faz
Reserve with OpenTable
Faz is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #29 of 268 Restaurants in Pleasanton
Cuisines: American, Bar, Greek, Mediterranean, Pub
Good for: Large groups, Romantic, Business meetings, Bar scene, Families with children
Dining options: Dinner, Brunch, Breakfast, Lunch, Outdoor Seating, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Television, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Dining style: Casual Dining
Cross street: 1 1/2 blocks off of I - 580
Transit: Just a few blocks from Dublin/Pleasanton BART.
In a Vineyard
“Best Kabobs and Saffron Rice”
Reviewed October 27, 2013

This is a hidden gem imo as it can get overlooked being a hotel restaurant. I used to be a local and dined here many times (even brought my Mom here for her big birthday dinner years ago) and my other friends still in the Pton area, love it too.

Walking in is comfortable and friendly. I've always been greeted and seated right away by a friendly host or hostess. The dining room is nice. It is the perfect blend of casual and upscale. The service makes it upscale. It is impeccable and the servers are polished and so polite. They are quiet and efficient. It is an overall quiet restaurant.

My go to meal here is the chicken kabobs. They have the best mediterranean seasoned flavor. The saffron rice is fantastic. The flatbread starter they bring to the table accompanied with a dipping oil is delicious as well. I can't even recall what anyone else at the table ordered but they were pleased too.

Great wine list. Reasonable prices. The grounds of this hotel are pretty too for after dinner and they have a separate lounge/bar area which was great as well.

• Visited October 2013

common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Pretty bad overall”
Reviewed October 10, 2013

They served me beer in a very visibly broken glass. Service took forever, as well. What I ordered ended up being about 50% different than what I actually received and it all tasted like it came from a can. I love Mediterranean food and there are such better options in the area! Will not be going back here, even if I stay at the hotel again.

Visited September 2013
Reading UK
“Slow and Cold”
Reviewed April 20, 2013

When we ate here we were disappointed with the slow service and that the food arrived cold. Not what you would expect from this class of hotel.

Visited April 2013
Danville, California
“Great food, convenient location”
Reviewed November 6, 2012

Have been here twice now and both times we enjoyed our food and the place was great. We had a huge family gathering and the waiters and staff were very patient with us and the kids.

• Visited October 2012
Pleasanton, California, United States
“Easter Brunch Buffet kind of disappointing”
Reviewed September 11, 2012

We spent $40 a head on this brunch, which didn't even include mimosas or champagne. The food was just okay, mostly crowded and lukewarm.

Visited April 2012