“Great food and nice place”
Review of Girasole - CLOSED

Cuisines: Italian
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: West. Las Positas
Reviewed January 25, 2013

Nice servers too. The food is great and the scalloped potatoes are sooooooo good. They come with the pork and it is very tasty and tender. Great salads and the bread is wonderful

Reviewed November 30, 2012

This place deserves a better review than some people have given them. My bf and I are new to the area and have been trying out all different kinds of restaurants every Friday. We were craving for some prime rib and decided to try the place out. The place was a bit empty for a Friday evening at 8:30pm but we braved it anyway.
My bf ordered their prime rib and I ordered their pork chop. Both dishes were excellent. The scalloped potatoes and vegetable that came with them were fabulous. The best part is the service. They were very nice and attentive. The ambience is so-so but we'd definitely come back if we're craving for prime rib and also to try other dishes on their menu.

Reviewed November 16, 2012

We initially found out about this place because they catered our wedding. I cannot tell you the amount of compliments we got. People still talk about how good the food was at our wedding. It's called Pampered Palate. They had excellent service also. Definitely recommend. We also love coming to the restaurant. The owner definitely knows how to put together a wonderful menu!

Reviewed June 20, 2012

Girasole Restaurant has long been one of our favorite Restaurant. Skips,chef has been with Girasole since 1996 along with Pablo his head waiter. We can always count on good service .Last night we had a new waitress,(Rebecca) she was very personable and attentive.And of course the meal , as usual , was very good.

Reviewed June 19, 2012

6/19/2012
I don't give 5 stars easily,ever. I am today...

My wife and I had a wonderful lunch at Girasole today.

We were waited upon by Kinsey who was specmarvelous. OoooRah!

The food was just great.
I ordered the most tender French Dip Sandwich that I have ever eaten in a restaurant on a great roll and not-too-salty au jus. I had the french fries which were done perfectly.
My wife ordered the Scoozie with chicken and not only was it good, but it was an ample amount. A very nice green salad came along with her scoozie consisting of baby greens with a blue cheese dressing topped with candied walnuts. Yum!
We loved their fresh baked bread too.

We have eaten here before and know that there have been new additions to the menu and we were in Pleasanton today, so we tried it out again. Last time we ate here, I had the Prime Ribfor dinner which was fantastic. * You can also see that review here.

I know that there are those who bad-mouth restaurants for a myriad of personal reasons, but this place always pleases me. I also know how to cook and have a very good palate. I also know that many people come to restaurants with a bad attitude which they transfer on to their server and then have a bad experience. I've been here three times in the past year, had different servers and have met the Boss, Skipper, and have not had a bad meal or bad service or bad experience.
I find that if you're nice to Servers and Hostesses and the Chef, if he comes out and greets, you will get more and have more fun and a better experience.

It also helpds to actually know what food is supposed to taste like VS being a lousy judge of good food and people.

We'll be back ! Thanks again for a fine meal and a great server with a great attitude.

PS: Although we didn't have room for dessert this time...it's monstrously good...