“All you need to know is Scoozi Bread!! The rest of the menu rocks!”
Review of Girasole - CLOSED

Cuisines: Italian
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: West. Las Positas
Danville, California
“All you need to know is Scoozi Bread!! The rest of the menu rocks!”
Reviewed February 13, 2012

Check out the specials for the evening, but do not start with an order of scoozi bread.

2 Thank Duane S

Dublin, California
“Nice Christmas Eve dinner”
Reviewed December 29, 2011

We had a very nice dinner here Christmas Eve, with family and firiends Though not a super fancy place, we had a nice table, with a good variety of choices on the menu. We enjoyed good service until it got a bit busier, then it was hard to get the attention of our waiter. All of the choices we had picked were cooked well and served primptly. My prime rib was cooked as I had requested and was very good. The menu was varied, and we all had very good dinners. Note to others, if you briing your own wine, bring one from the Livermore Valley and you will not get charged corkage. We brought one from Napa..oh well! Overall, we had a nice time, with good food and would reccomend Girasole to others.

Visited December 2011
1 Thank NorcalGrls
Pleasanton, California
“Terrible experience...overpaid ...Denny's serves better food!”
Reviewed July 27, 2011

Terrible experience. Paid $80, for a terrible meal. I could of had better food at Denny's.If this is Italian, then Taco Bell is a 5 star Mexican restaurant. The scoozies were flat and had no cheese. Did not look like the picture. Sauce in linguine was water and butter....the house wine taste like vinegar -paid $12 for that!

This was the worse experience in eating I've ever had. I told the owner and he said his "B" staff was on - lame excuse! Sounds like owner is "B" quality and not a good manager. This is casual , definitely NOT elegant!

If you don't care for good food and want to pay an excessive amount for mediocre experience - come here!

• Visited July 2011
2 Thank PleasantonFoodie
Louisiana
“One of my prior favorite restaurants has gone downhill”
Reviewed July 26, 2009

I'll start by saying that this used to be a favorite restaurant of mine and several of my colleagues and friends. However, while the menu remains interesting and some of the food we had recently was tasty, the service and the attitude of the staff and particularly the management have made it such that neither I nor the people I have recently dined with there ever intend to return. In this economy, you would think that they would embrace the business, particularly since this group's former sister restaurant, the BigHorn Grill in San Ramon closed earlier this year. But it is clear that they do not appreciate their customers. My friends and I thought perhaps that we had just caught them on a bad night, but when I returned with another group within a couple of weeks, I encountered the same attitude and issues. They feature a lot of coupons in the town magazines, the Entertainment book and in some local mailers. However, the servers have repeatedly refused to process their coupons. When it is politely brought to their attention, the servers show complete frustration and seem to have the attitude that how dare you attempt to use a coupon. If they don't intend to accept coupons, they should quit placing ads and sending mailers with coupons. Clearly the servers have been instructed to first ignore any coupons and then to accept them only if a customer insists. My fellow diners were outright stunned at this. There are so many other nice restaurants with friendly and grateful staff and management in Pleasanton and in nearby Dublin, that I would recommend that you dine elsewhere.

1 Thank AndersenTraveler
A TripAdvisor reviewer on Facebook
“It was ok, not excited to go there again, bit overpriced and not a lot on the menu”
Reviewed July 28, 2008