“One of the best meals this year”
Review of Pasta's Trattoria

Pasta's Trattoria
Reserve with OpenTable
Pasta's Trattoria is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #17 of 269 Restaurants in Pleasanton
Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Cross street: West Angela
Princeton, Canada
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“One of the best meals this year”
Reviewed October 3, 2011

We visited this restaurant on a Saturday night and sat outside and the food and service was way beyond our expectations. My wife had pasta mixed with sausage and ate as much as she could. I had the double pork chop which was so tender and cooked just right. Even the asparagas was cooked just right and crunchy. Mashed potatoes were creamy and tasty. There was ample bread to dip in saucee plus brushetta. We had a Pinot Grigio Italian wine that was a good as any we have had and we left the restaurant feeling like this was a special moment because everything had been so wonderful.
We will go again soon.

• Visited October 2011
1 Thank Bonnie W

A TripAdvisor reviewer on Facebook
“Good pasta, good bread, basic Italian at a price”
Reviewed June 26, 2008

Good pasta, good bread, basic Italian at a price

Thank A TripAdvisor reviewer on Facebook
Pleasanton, CA
“Choices in downtown Pleasanton”
Reviewed April 8, 2007

Wow, I have to say that I was pretty surprised to read the negative review of Pasta's Trattoria. I read your review with much interest because my wife and I enjoy rating our dining experiences post meal. Like so many Pleasanton residents we are provided with many superior choices for spending our dining dollars. When I find myself downtown for dinner which averages 3 - 4 times a month I generally end up at Pasta's Trattoria. I have also used their banquet service for family events with excellent results. I find the food well prepared, presented and consistent in taste and the service superior. Now don't get me wrong, Pasta's does not hit the ball out of the park everytime I dine there. However, their batting average as computed by a veteran Pleasanton diner is way up there and keeps me coming back. I find the other review not to reflect my overall experience. Wait staff, management and even ownership are generally roaming the floor and soliciting input . When I've voiced a concern it has been in my estimation dealt with in an appropriate manner. So I give them a definite thumbs up...

A TripAdvisor Member
“What is that guy talking about???”
Reviewed January 14, 2006

My fiance and I have gone to this place many times for dinner, and have yet to have a bad experience. The food is fantastic and they have a great wine list. There are alot of great places to eat on Main Street, this being one of our favorite spots!

1 Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Shanghai, China
“Skip Pastas Trattoria in Pleasanton”
Reviewed August 2, 2004

My wife and I were walking around downtown Pleasanton around lunch time and saw the Italian restaurant called "Pastas Trattoria".

We ordered the Penne Bolognese and a seafood pasta with cream sauce.

The bathrooms had no soap. I requested soap so that I could freshen up and after 15 minutes they still had not refilled the soap dispenser.

The waitress we had was slow and not very friendly.

The food was definitely sub-standard. to be honest, the Penne Bolognese had the consistency and look of regurgitated food and was far too cheesy with no hit of tomato at all. I couldn't bring myself to eat more than a few bites.

Even though the lunches were about $15 a piece, nothing comes with these (no lunch set like a soup or salad or any accompanying food).

After about 10 minutes the waitress decided to check on us and asked if she could get us anything else. I answered just the check would be fine. It was obvious I had barely touched the entrees, so she asked if we wanted her to take them away. I replied that we couldn't bring ourselves to eat them. She brought the check without ever offering us anything else. Not very good customer service.

So, for $30 we learned that we would never go to this restaurant again and would recommend highly to others to avoid it. The experience was bad enough to motivate me to write my first restaurant review ever.

Save your money and skip Pastas Trattoria in Pleasanton!

8 Thank blandmc