“How do they do that ?”

Kaki Sushi
Ranked #90 of 278 Restaurants in Pleasanton
Cuisines: Sushi, Japanese
Reviewed July 26, 2014

Pleasanton has too many sushi places. And Kaki sushi is one of the better ones. Pretty small, tucked away and nothing fancy. But there's always a warm welcome. The sushi is good and then they provide you with so much freebies. Complimentary miso soup, edamame, pancake, fried fish (I think the fried fish is a Friday affair) and ice-cream.
None of the other sushi joints in Pleasanton can beat that. Also, the prices are reasonable.
You guys rock. I'm a regular there now.

Reviewed July 1, 2014 via mobile

Love going to this sushi restaurant. Family owned and we always feel welcomed by the sushi chefs or the owners. It's a little hidden in a strip mall, but the food is great and they always bring free sides. Great to celebrate birthdays there...

Reviewed February 18, 2014

I love this sushi restaurant not because it has amazing food (it's great, but I've had better) but because they always throw in a bunch of free food! Usually you always get free miso soup, edamame, and ice cream at the end (green tea or mango). I've also gotten free fried fish and free pancakes before.

For rolls, I like the USA roll. I also highly recommend the bento boxes, hand rolls, and nigiri sushi. They have specials posted around the walls that are usually a good choice as well. :)

It's homey and cozy. Enjoy!

Reviewed March 29, 2013

Turned out to be a very pleasant surprise for a last minute family dinner night out. The place was tucked away in a corner, hard to find… we almost turned away to go some other place. Once we peeped in, we saw the place lively and busy, on a weeknight. Servers were friendly. Place was good for a family dinner and talking. Food may not be to strictest Japanese culinary experts, but very delicious and good nonetheless. Would go back again.