“Good margaritas, so so food”
Review of Blue Agave Club

Blue Agave Club
Reserve with OpenTable
Blue Agave Club is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #8 of 282 Restaurants in Pleasanton
Cuisines: Mexican
Good for: Special occasions
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Dining style: Fine Dining
Cross street: Division Street
Description: Blue Agave Club serves freshly prepared, unique and authentic Mexican food and beverages in Pleasanton, CA. Stop by our unsurpassed patio and see what makes us one of the top dining destinations in the city! Redefining expectations with our exquisite and unique menu, we serve high-quality Mexican fare. Derived from old Garcia family recipes, we focus on combining exciting presentation with authentic and rich flavors. We have received numerous awards including being voted "Best Mexican Food" and "Best Margarita" by Pleasanton Weekly readers. Come see what the hype is all about and try one of our top quality margaritas and superb dishes like our popular Encojado or Mole Poblano. Our 145-year-old house-turned-restaurant is an ideal setting for first dates, wedding receptions, birthday parties, and more. We pride ourselves on our excellent food, above and beyond service, and being members of the Pleasanton community. Our owner and head chef Alexandro keeps a hands-on approach with all of our dishes, constantly experimenting and refining new and old dishes alike. Stop by for today for a taste of true agave flavor and authentic Mexican fare!
Reviewed July 17, 2013 via mobile

Went with a group of eight with one young child. Waitress should have removed extra silverware and glassware at the child's seat it would have made it easier rather than us shuffling it to other spots on the table. I had chicken mole, the chicken was dry and the mole overbearing. The chile relleno I also had seemed undercooked. The child ate all his bean and cheese burrito, so that was good. I've had much more authentic mexican food at family run restaurants. I expected better food for the higher price they charged. The margaritas were pretty good though.

Reviewed July 9, 2013

We arrived as a family of six with two children,and was provided with a table immediately. The staff were excellent ,and courteous. The food was excellent ,and very tasty indeed this was my first time in a Mexican restaurant ,I would recommend this restaurant to anybody

Reviewed June 24, 2013

The atmosphere is easily romantic or they can accomodate a business group, like ours with 7 ladies. Upon receiving our plates, we all immediately inquired what the geographic influence is and the waitress explained there are several owners who contribute from several locations in South America. This is not mexican food! I had a vegatarian plate and the rice and beans were absolutely wonderful, not "soupy" at all. The stuffed pepper was fabulous, some of the veggies inside were even al-dente, so it was texture and flavor that contributed. They have outdoor dining, with heaters, when necessary. And they also had a band on the weekend.

Reviewed June 20, 2013

This is not a restaurant for "mexican food" although some folks will think that. I asked our waitress what their emphasis and she explained the owners are from several countries in Central America and that drives the absolutely delightful menu selections. I had the vegetarian plate- the pepper was stuffed with wonderfully prepared veggies. The rice and beans were both exceptional. All 7 of my dining companions loved their dishes too. They have outdoor seating however we were inside; the setting was somewhat private, we had no interference from other tables. Service was quick and very attentive.

Reviewed June 6, 2013

If you want a really unique dining experience be sure to try the Blue Agave Club. It is one of my first stops on each of my trips to Pleasanton and it never disappoints. Try some of the authentic family recipes - they are all amazing.