“Fantastic food”

Good for: Special occasions
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Dining style: Fine Dining
Cross street: Division Street
Description: Blue Agave Club serves freshly prepared, unique and authentic Mexican food and beverages in Pleasanton, CA. Stop by our unsurpassed patio and see what makes us one of the top dining destinations in the city! Redefining expectations with our exquisite and unique menu, we serve high-quality Mexican fare. Derived from old Garcia family recipes, we focus on combining exciting presentation with authentic and rich flavors. We have received numerous awards including being voted "Best Mexican Food" and "Best Margarita" by Pleasanton Weekly readers. Come see what the hype is all about and try one of our top quality margaritas and superb dishes like our popular Encojado or Mole Poblano. Our 145-year-old house-turned-restaurant is an ideal setting for first dates, wedding receptions, birthday parties, and more. We pride ourselves on our excellent food, above and beyond service, and being members of the Pleasanton community. Our owner and head chef Alexandro keeps a hands-on approach with all of our dishes, constantly experimenting and refining new and old dishes alike. Stop by for today for a taste of true agave flavor and authentic Mexican fare!
Bay Point, California
“Fantastic food”
Reviewed May 19, 2013

Tucked away in downtown Pleasanton, this place is awesome. From the long and impressive tequila list, to the strong margaritas and phenomenal food, Blue Agave is a winner.

The salsa is some of the closest I've found to Tex-Mex in the Bay area, and several items on the menu seem Tex-Mex inspired, especially stuffing the relleno peppers with meat (your choice of beef, chicken, or pork)... Finally, I've found someone in the Bay who does this!

I will be back for more

Visited January 2013

San Francisco, California
“Yum!”
Reviewed May 15, 2013

The food is not your typical Mexican restaurant and the menu items vary from visit to visit. The tequilla menu is extensive as are the types of maragaritas.

Visited March 2013
Walnut Creek, California, United States
“Lunch in the Open Air”
Reviewed April 25, 2013

I've been here many times for dinner but never for lunch. Sitting in their front garden shaded by huge umbrellas - what could be better? The menu is more traditional than for dinner, but look for the special stuff like the mole. Really good food, perhaps a bit pricey for lunch, but they let you linger. Park behind the place - nice free public parking back there and then you walk thru right to the restaurant. If you can do it at lunch - I can't - enjoy one of their special margaritas. Pick your favorite tequila and notice the difference.

• Visited April 2013
“Lovely patio, good service and yummy food”
Reviewed April 11, 2013 via mobile

Had lunch here today. The patio atmosphere is very nice. The service was attentive during the busy lunch service. My husband had the caldo de pollo which he greatly enjoyed. I had a fish taco that was excellent. We also shared a chicken enchilada which had a great sauce, not the usual canned sauce. Overall we will eat here again. There is a large tequila menu that I look forward to trying.

Visited April 2013
Dublin, California
“Bad creative Mexican food”
Reviewed April 8, 2013 via mobile

Good presentation but bad food. I did not like it at all. I could not even bring myself to order dessert. Ambiance is so so. Prices are low. Sometimes I try a restaurant twice before I give up on it but in this case I am done!

• Visited March 2013