“All around Wonderful”

Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Cross street: Rose Ave
Reviewed February 19, 2014

We were warmly welcomed and escorted to a lovely table in an open room. We were immediately offered water and given delicious and warm bread with an olive oil based dip. For our appetizer, we shared a Mediterranean sampler of hummus, ztatziki and metilzano with pita bread. We each had a different lunch - lamp sandwich, the fresh cod, Israeli couscous salad and musakka. We thoroughly enjoyed each and every bite which went extremely well with the white wine from Turkey. Our dessert was the apricots stuffed with masapone. The dining experience was enhanced by our delightfully charming server who was knowledgeable about the food and the wines. Although we live 45 minutes away, we will return.

Reviewed January 30, 2014

A group from the office lunched here. The staff was friendly, the restaurant was clean, and we were able to converse.

The food was only average. The warm hummus appetizer was bland.
The lamb burgers were fair.
The chicken kabob plate was good.
The braised beet salad was good.

The best part of the meal were the garlic fries served with the lamb burger.

It too the kitchen a very long time to make the food.

Everything was good, it was just very slow - and there are a lot of other choices in the area.

1  Thank Double64Double
Reviewed November 17, 2013

Lokanta Grill & bar situated in downtown Pleasanton offers California influenced Turkish & Greek Cuisine .
* it has daily Happy Hour 3pm - 6pm,
* Mondays selected wines are Half OFF
* Tuesdays No Corkage Fee
* Fri-Sat Late Night Happy Hour 9:30 pm - closing

Reviewed November 14, 2013

I have traveled all over and this place has the best calamari I have ever had. I wouldn't have thought a local restaurant in my home town would beat any calamari I have had...beat any place in maui, the Caribbean, you name it. All I have to say is wow.
Other dishes are the best and I love the service. Keep up the three to six happy hour as I tell everyone about it. Their is a young server with brunette hair, I feel so bad for forgetting her name but she has the best customer service. To the owner...your food is fantastic but the service that young lady brings is the icing on the cake.
I also like to see the owner always looking around making sure things are running smoothly. He's always in the shadows but if you look hard you can see him checking in. Bravo lokanta!

1  Thank HolleydayTravel
Reviewed November 12, 2013

We met a friend here for dinner on Monday night during a holiday long weekend. It was not busy at all (maybe 4 tables only). The bar looked nice but we sat in the restaurant. The bar did have a happy hour until 6. The atmosphere was nice - especially for a suburban restaurant. The lighting was low and they have white wash brick walls. The kitchen is exposed and it looked very clean. The service was very good. It happened to be 1/2 price wine night so we ordered a bottle of cab, knowing that we would not finish it, and the waitress corked and bagged it for us to take home. They serve warm bread with REALLY good olive oil dip. So good we had to get another dish of dip. We had olives and feta as an appetizer and it was excellent. I ordered a Roka salad (delicious fresh arugula, walnuts, dried apricots, cheese) and added salmon to it. I liked the salad - the fish was dry and I did not finish the salmon but I did polish off the salad. My friends both ordered the kebabs - one with a mix of lamb and chicken, the other all chicken. It looked good and they said the same. A very hearty dish with all of the sides. We did not order dessert nor did we look at the menu - we were very full. We parked on the street but it looked like there might be off street parking behind the restaurant. I will return here.