“Beautiful winery in Pleasanton, CA”
Review of Ruby Hill Winery

Ruby Hill Winery
Ranked #3 of 18 things to do in Pleasanton
Reviewed July 18, 2013 via mobile

In Cali for a training and just happen to find this winery. Well, what a great find. Really beautiful winery with friendly sommeliers. The Pinot Noir was amazing.

Reviewed December 8, 2012

I love this vineyard...the wine pourers were very hospitable and knowledgeable about their wines and were punctual in giving taste samples during the wine tastings I encountered.
It has a great lil gift shop and there was a great variety of
wines offered to be sampled or bought. I would definitely recommend this vineyard to friends and business associates.
Loved the experience and loved the wine!

Reviewed October 25, 2012

Everyone's taste is different, but I liked the wine, even bought a bottle, forgot which one though, something like cielo viola. But the Sommolier was informative and friendly. It is has great grounds and unforgettable building for tasting.

Reviewed September 26, 2012

Poor service, we stood there for ages and had to ask for a tasting. Every single wine we tried was awful and we tried them all. I was going to buy a bottle of wine but there was nothing I wanted there.

Reviewed September 24, 2012

Last Saturday afternoon we stopped by RH with friends who are Members of the Wine Club and enjoyed the "good stuff" as guests of those great friends.

I review travel, wine and food destinations so I usually don't join Wine Clubs, both because I feel that it may be a conflict of interest, and it can get, "down-right-expensive", over the long-term. Most wineries do honor the trade and offer me personal tastings, which I greatly appreciate. That gives me the opportunity to try their best wines for my reviews. However, that doesn't stop me from visiting new and old favorites on a regular basis, and I do.

Let me point out some of the outstanding people that helped us on Saturday. Sue, Sara, Travis and Gina were spectacular hosts. Thank you. Oh, and thanks for the cheese and crackers too. Caviar next time please...lol.

I'll skip to the good part now. The Gem Zin was a great bottle of wine at around $ 40 dollars and a close second was the Reserve Cab, $30ish, that was being tasted from the "A" list that day. The Gem Zin had just the right amount of all of my favorite flavors in a Zinfandel, ( superb at-the-price), and the Cab would give a whole bunch of Napa growers a run-for-their-money.

Yes, I know that these wines won awards recently...I do pay attention you know.

If you go to RH Winery refer to this review please.

I'll be back again with and without, our friends Tim & Charlene.