“Great Experience”

Ranked #3 of 14 Hotels in Pleasanton
Laguna Beach, California
“Great Experience”
Reviewed August 1, 2014

What a cool little town. We really enjoyed staying here, we were a little bit skeptical about the prices but the reviews on the web were very positive so we decided to give it a shot. The atmosphere is great and the staff is extremely friendly. Downtown Pleasanton is a really cool little town, filled with shops and some nice restaurants. I wish we could of stayed there a few more nights so I could try some of the other places out, but overall we had a great time on our trip. We went wine tasting in Livermore and spent our nights usually walking downtown. If you are ever in Northern California this place is certainly worth checking out.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled as a couple
tom w, Director of Sales at The Rose Hotel, responded to this review, August 3, 2014
A concise summary of the Pleasanton experience. Thank you. Tom Walker, Mgr. M&S

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (33)
Poway, California
Reviewed July 4, 2014

Stepping into The Rose is like stepping back in time. From their beautiful antiques, to their fine wood staircase and antique rugs, no attention detail has been spared. It’s warm and welcoming. The staff is kind, cheerful and helpful. The rooms are large, comfortable and first class. The hotel is right downtown with plenty of free parking, and walking-close to many restaurants. We’ve traveled all over the world and stayed at many beautiful hotels, but this one is at the top of the list for it’s welcoming warmth and elegance.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled as a couple
1 Thank mrsg9064
tom w, Director of Sales at The Rose Hotel, responded to this review, July 14, 2014
Thank you for the kind words...they pretty well sum up what The Rose Hotel is all about. Tom Walker, Mrg.S&M
Woodacre, California, United States
Reviewed June 18, 2014

As I drove my now frail mom back from her doctor appointment, in a small quiet voice she says "The Rose." And I said "yes, what?" She said you know, the place we stayed, and then she smiled. I then remembered the year before, making the decision to use a ridiculous amount of airline miles, to get adjoining rooms, and bring my mom along on my trip. I was riding in the Cinderella Classic. I remember thinking 'this place better be good.' When mom got to her room she said, "wow, this is great," and it was. Owned by the famous Steve Madden of football, and his sons, no attention to detail was left behind. The decor, the linens, the hand made rugs, it was all top notch. So with the very short amount of time my mom has left on this earth, I know in her final hour, she will be in her room at The Rose Hotel. It was worth every airline mile I will ever get. I love you so much mom, and I am going to miss you.

Room Tip: Top floor, corner, adding rooms - as good as it gets.
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
3 Thank Kim S
tom w, Director of Sales at The Rose Hotel, responded to this review, June 27, 2014
Thank you for sharing the moment. It adds a whole new dimension to the meaning of hospitality. Please return for next year's ride.
Pleasanton
Reviewed June 3, 2014

I have a small business in downtown Pleasanton and we share clients with the Rose Hotel. I have never actually STAYED in a room here but have been in the rooms several times and have been given excellent specials for VIP clients, newlyweds and dear friends. The management at the Rose is accommodating and the service is top notch. The staff behind the desk once told me that "if it is legal and a client wants it, we'll find a way to get it"! That's pretty great service. Downtown Pleasanton is a charming destination and the Rose Hotel is by far the nicest hotel in town.

Room Tip: Corner rooms have great views down Main Street but all rooms are nicely appointed. There are restau...
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled on business
1 Thank ChicoStateMom
tom w, Director of Sales at The Rose Hotel, responded to this review, June 16, 2014
Thanks for the observations...the downtown Pleasanton location is popular with both leisure and business travelers...Our staff appreciates your comment on their level of service. Tom Walker
Campbell, CA
Reviewed May 27, 2014

My sister and I spent the night at the Rose Hotel in Pleasanton as part of a “sisters’ weekend away” that we combined with going to the (twice a year) Pleasanton Antique Fair on Sunday, which started right on the corner near the hotel. (I could see it from my window in the morning!) We did the “on the town” evening out package, which included a $50 local restaurant gift certificate (we ate at Nonni’s but there were several other choices), and a bottle of champagne chilled and waiting for us in the room. The room (we had two queen beds) was quite large, very light due to recessed lighting in the ceiling, HUGE bathroom with large shower and lovely Jacuzzi tub. The hotel’s location is perfect for shopping and dining in the charming downtown Pleasanton area.

The breakfast is served downstairs and included hardboiled eggs, lots of fruit (kiwi, berries, pineapple, etc.), pastries, yogurt, oatmeal, juice, sliced meats and cheese, bagels, etc. The only problem we experienced was not enough seating for breakfast at the time we ate (9:30 am) – all the tables, sofas, chairs, everything – was full. We didn’t really want to eat in our room (though were offered a tray, so that is one option) and there’s no outdoor eating area. We started upstairs and then found one table with two chairs on the balcony overlooking the front of the hotel, which was perfect once we moved the ash tray and stogie. ;-)

There’s no pool or hot tub or outdoor garden area, but the interiors are charming, the staff very helpful, and everything about our stay was perfect, once we solved the where-to-eat-breakfast problem. I should mention that I paid more than I usually pay for a hotel stay, but it was a birthday present for my sister and I really wanted the walkable location to the antique fair. If I had the budget for it, I’d stay at this hotel again soon!

• Stayed May 2014, traveled with family
Hope your idea for a "Sisters weekend away" catches on...sounds like a good time. Sorry about the shortage of table space but your ingenuity saved the day! Regards, Tom Walker
Redwood City, California
Reviewed May 16, 2014 via mobile

We have stayed here several times and I always feel comfortable and at home. There are many elegant touches that make one feel pampered, such as real towels in the lobby bathroom, or both a shower and a tub in the room, not to speak of bottles of water or a very nice buffet breakfast. The Rose costs more than some of the other hotels in the area, but it's worth it if you're hoping for real relaxation or a romantic weekend.

Stayed May 2014, traveled with family
1 Thank Carolyn W
Always good to hear from returning guests...your power of observation is keen (cloth towels in the lobby restrooms)...hurry back. Tom Walker, Mgr. M&S
Calgary, Canada
Reviewed April 23, 2014

If you are going to San Francisco get the best of both. You can stay in a town most San Franciscans would like to live in and take the BART into town to see the sights, shop, or just hang out. Pleasanton is a 20 minute BART ride to downtown San Francisco and it has plenty of shops and restaurants to offer as well.

Room Tip: All the rooms are nice and share equally good views. The hotel has no restaurant but there are plent...
  • Stayed April 2014, traveled with family
tom w, Director of Sales at The Rose Hotel, responded to this review, May 10, 2014
Good point, one that we locals take advantage of on a frequent basis. Enjoy the excitement of The City during the day and then return for a quiet evening.
Also consider these accommodations in or near Pleasanton
DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Pleasanton at the Club
Courtyard Pleasanton
Courtyard Pleasanton
#9 of 14 in Pleasanton
Hyatt Place Dublin/Pleasanton

Been to The Rose Hotel? Share your experiences!