Hyatt House Pleasanton
Motel 6 Pleasanton(Pleasanton)
  • Pool
  • Pool
View Hotel
All reviewsfull kitchenfire pitliving roombasketball courtno elevatorquiet areahome away from homegreat amenitiesplace to stayomeletsummerfield suitespleasant staythe kitchen staffking suitethird floordefinitely stay here againextended stay
FilterAll languages
Reviewed April 23, 2014

• Stayed: April 2014, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with Easytobook.com
Marlene F, General Manager at Hyatt House Pleasanton, responded to this reviewResponded May 5, 2014

Reviewed April 21, 2014

I spent 2 night here for a business trip by myself. The service was excellent. They allowed me to check in early, which was very nice. This is an all suite hotel and a 3 story building. I really enjoyed my stay, and the only negative thing I have to say about it is that there are NO elevators!!!! So, even if you end up on the 3rd floor, you have to drag your suitcases up 2 flights of stairs. The suites are very spacious, with a Full kitchen, full sized fridge, microwave, & stove, utensils, etc. A family could stay at this place very comfortably. They serve a complimentary full hot breakfast every morning, which was pretty descent, with an omelet station. There is a small shopping center just behind the hotel, with a Starbucks, and few restaurants, which if you don't have a car (which I didn't during this trip), is very convenient to just walk over to. Taxi from Oakland airport is about $70 OR you can take a shuttle for $55.

Room Tip: If you have a lot of luggage, or small children with strollers, etc., get a room on the first floor. There are no elevators.
  • Stayed: April 2014, traveled on business

Thank you so much for your comments on your stay with us! I'm so glad that you found our hotel comfortable and our staff accommodating. I'm also glad that you had an opportunity to try our new cooked to order omelet station! We have been receiving great feedback from all of our Guests on this new addition and I'm happy to hear you enjoyed it during your visit with us.

Thank you again for your review and please feel free to contact me directly at (925) 730-0070 ext 505 if you should need anything in the future.

Reviewed February 5, 2014

In town to visit family and this was close by. Like the spacious suite format, and always nice to have own kitchen. As a bonus, they'd just steam-cleaned the carpets before we arrived. Have stayed here twice, and will visit again.

• Stayed: January 2014, traveled with family
Marlene F, General Manager at Hyatt House Pleasanton, responded to this reviewResponded February 7, 2014

Thank you for your comments on your recent stay with us and I'm so glad to hear you would stay with us again if your travels bring you back to the Pleasanton area!

I'm also so glad you enjoyed your freshly cleaned carpets, sofas, and drapes. This is just part of our ongoing maintenance to make sure that our hotel is kept up to the high standards our Guests have come to expect from us.

Thank you again for your feedback and we hope to see you back again soon around the House!

Reviewed December 23, 2013

I booked Hyatt House Pleasanton through Expedia on Friday for business stay that Sunday night. After finding out Sunday morning that my meeting had moved to San Jose, I immediately called the hotel to ask to change my reservation to Hyatt House San Jose/Silicon Valley. I was told they couldn't do anything for me and that I should call Expedia. I called Expedia, who promptly booked me and said they would have to speak with the local manager, but that there might be a fee. I was a little surprised because it was, after all, the same hotel, and there were plenty of rooms available on a Sunday night. But OK, a fee is somewhat understandable for the administrative pain my changes caused.

Well, imagine my annoyance when Expedia, after two conversations with the local manager, told me the hotel refused to refund a single cent of my reservation. Taxes, Fees, the entire cost was refused. Maybe I am expecting too much of a hotel to look at the circumstances before applying a cancellation policy. I cost your hotel $0.00 AND booked another Hyatt House that very same night. Where is the incentive to stay loyal to the Hyatt House brand in a very competitive business traveller market?

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank Brad G
Marlene F, General Manager at Hyatt House Pleasanton, responded to this reviewResponded January 10, 2014

Thank you for your response. In the future, when you book through Expedia, please contact me directly so that I may asisst you. I, myself, never received a call from Expedia asking us to cancel the reservation and not charge you and I have spoken to our Assistant General Manager and our Front Office Supervisor - the only other two people who would have been able to approve this - and they never received a call either. I will follow up with Expedia and ask that they credit your account right away since you were able to stay at one of our sister properties instead.

Unfortunately, with third party bookings, cancellations can be difficult. It is always best to book directly on Hyatt.com which is a pre-paid, non refundable rate that matches any rate you will find on third party sites such as Expedia. We have more control over refunds with the Hyatt.com rates since they are booked directly with us and in cases of emergencies or something such as yours, we would be happy to assist you.

I hope that you will have an opportunity to stay with us in Pleasanton and trust that your stay in San Jose was enjoyable.

Reviewed December 20, 2013

Although there is no elevator in this 3 story facility, the rooms (suites) are really very nice. We stayed one night, and I would definitely go back there. The suites are obviously set up for longer term stays, actually looking like a very nice one bedroom apartment. The kitchens are complete, down to utensils, plates, glasses etc. Full size refrigerator - microwave - stove/oven - I would have loved a place like this when I was a college student! So complete.
The staff was very polite - there is an "H Bar" in the same area where the complimentary breakfast is served, and it was well attended by guests the evening we arrived. The breakfast is very well done - you can get a customized omelet, or any number of other items that you often don't see in a breakfast area.
The only down side was that the cold air return in the living room kind of whistled (sounded like a truck back-up alarm was outside some distance away) and it woke me up a few times. I did leave a note to suggest they check it out. Other than that it was a very nice stay.
Very pleased with the price - there are discounts available, and it seems they might be willing to reduce rate when they have vacancies. I think they are geared to longer term stays, like for a business person who has to be in the area for a while.

Room Tip: We chose the third floor - didn't want anyone above us - worked well, and the stairs are not bad. Corner suite was very pleasant with sunny windows (you could close the blinds if you wanted)
  • Stayed: December 2013, traveled as a couple
Marlene F, General Manager at Hyatt House Pleasanton, responded to this reviewResponded December 21, 2013

Thank you so much for your feedback on your stay with us! I'm so glad you found our hotel to be comfortable and enjoyed the quiet of your 3rd floor room. I'm glad you enjoyed our cooked to order omelet station that we recently added to our full hot complimentary breakfast too! We have received great feedback on thsi new addition.

Thank you for letting us know about the air return in your room as well - we had one of our Maintenance staff fix it immediately after hearing from you. Thank you for helping us keep our property up to the standards our Guests have come to expect from us!

Thank you again for your comments and please feel free to contact me directly at (925)730-0070 ext 505 if you should need anything in the future.