“I tried to save water, but......”

Hyatt House Pleasanton
Ranked #2 of 14 Hotels in Pleasanton
GreenLeadersBronze level
Westlake Village, California
“I tried to save water, but......”
Reviewed November 5, 2013

Hyatt Place has signs in the room like many hotels these days telling you to help save the environment and reuse your towels, etc. I always compile because I don't believe I need clean towels everyday.
BUT, you can't save water if your housekeeping team are not taught to hand wash dishes instead of running the dish washer for 2 glasses. The next day, they ran the dishwasher for a bowl and a plate.
Other than that, the place is wonderful!!!!

Room Tip: if you have mobility problems, this place DOES NOT have elevators!!!!!
Green Features: I hung my towels up and they still gave me clean ones. So I tried. You need better training for your housekeeping team.
  • Stayed November 2013, traveled with friends
Marlene F, General Manager at Hyatt House Pleasanton, responded to this review, November 12, 2013
Thank you so much for your feedback on your stay with us! I'm happy to hear that you enjoyed our hotel. I appreciate you bringing to my attention that the dishwasher was run for a very small load. We do have some new Suite Attendants on staff and I will definitely bring this to their attention and coach them on the value of saving resources. We pride ourselves in being very conscientious of saving energy and resources by participating in programs such as towel re-use and Clean the World which is an organization that takes our partially used soaps/shampoos/conditioners and sends them to other countries in need. Thank you again for your feedback - it is feedback such as yours that helps us to be even better!

Please feel free to contact me directly at (925)730-0070 ext 505 if you should have any questions or need anything.

Marlene

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (47)
  • Polish first
Hanoi, Vietnam
Reviewed October 29, 2013 via mobile

Stayed here overnight for a test at the Alameda County Fairgrounds. (If you're attending an event at the fairground, you can get a reduced rate at the hotel.) This was my first stay at a Hyatt House property. Main differences between HH and brand competitors is that the HH rooms are suites, tastefully, cheerfully decorated; and the breakfast, while not exactly gourmet, is far more inviting than the tired, rubbery eggs at Hampton Inn or Holiday Inn Express. I thought the coffee would have been better, though. But thankfully there's always a Starbucks nearby.

We had dinner at the hotel and it was standard fare, good quality, but all kind of average. The cupcakes are a nice touch. Tasty, though would have been better uniformly at or close to room temperature as opposed to having been pulled out of the refrigerator and quickly microwaved. Service was friendly, warm.

I'd happily stay here again.

One small peeve (I am quite particular): ostensibly to cut costs, they don't provide lotion in the rooms; just shampoo, conditioner, and bars of soap. Thankfully, I happened to bring my own.

• Stayed October 2013
Marlene F, General Manager at Hyatt House Pleasanton, responded to this review, November 2, 2013
Thank you so much for your review of our hotel. I hope that your test went well! I'm glad that you were able to relax and enjoy all of the amenities we offer to help make our Guests stays as comfortable as possible. If you do stay with us again in the future - make sure to request some lotion from our House Hosts as we do offer this by request. We would be happy to have it delivered to your room or you can swing by our Front Desk and pick some up.

Thank you again for your feedback and I hope that you will have an opportunity to stay with us again.

Colorado Springs, Colorado
Reviewed October 14, 2013

My husband and I traveled with his 15yr old son to a family reunion in Livermore. I decided to book this hotel because I could use a free "suite upgrade" certificate I had for Hyatt to upgrade to a 2 bedroom 2 bath suite. Could not have been a better choice for our family. It gave everyone the privacy and space we needed. Each bedroom had its own tv. The suite also had a living room area and full kitchen.
The property had been remodeled recently and was in nice shape. There is a pool and whirlpool along with a basketball court and outdoor seating area with gas firepit in the central courtyard. The breakfast came with the room and was excellent. Hot and cold items. The woman tending the breakfast is on top of everything, constantly refilling and cleaning the area.
Front desk staff are friendly and efficient
There is a bar, with some food options but it is only open in the evening and we didn't get a chance to try anything.
The property has 3 floors, but as far as I know has no elevator. If walking up a couple of flights of stairs is a problem for you be sure to ask for a ground level room.
This was a fantastic value with the suite upgrade, but wouldn't hesitate to pay for a suite on another visit.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled with family
Marlene F, General Manager at Hyatt House Pleasanton, responded to this review, October 17, 2013
Thank you so much for your feedback on your recent stay with us! I'm so happy to hear that our two bedroom/two bath suite worked well for your family. We pride ourselves in being one of the only all suite hotels with one bedroom and two bedroom suites with living rooms and full kitchens in the Pleasanton area. It's great to have extra space whether you are in town for one night or for several nights. I'm also glad to hear you enjoyed our complimentary hot breakfast buffet! I hope that you will be able to return in the future as we are getting ready to open our cooked to order omelet station that will also be included in our complimentary breakfast. I also hope that you will be able to try the HBar the next time you are in town as we offer a great menu with options for everyone's taste and great beers on tap in addition to wines from Napa and our local Livermore Valley. Our full bar with spirits will be opening soon as well!

Thank you again for your feedback and please feel free to reach out to me directly if you should need anything in the future. I can be reached at (925) 730-0070 ext. 505.

Norcross, Georgia
Reviewed October 12, 2013

Quite, clean and modern, the suite is two rooms and the bedroom can be closed off from the rest. It's a nice feature when getting up at different times. The bed was a very comfortable king bed with soft sheets and nice pillows. The staff is very friendly and accommodating.

Room Tip: Top floor always
Green Features: No recycling in the room and would expect that so we left them in a pile, hoping they wouldn't just be thrown away.
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
Thank you so much for your comments about your stay with us! I'm glad to hear that you enjoyed the spaciousness of our rooms which all offer a separate bedroom area and full kitchen with living room. I'm also happy to hear that you enjoyed our Hyatt Grand Beds with triple sheeting! We strive to make our Guests stays as comfortable as possible and I'm so glad to hear that we succeeded! I'm so happy that you enjoyed your time at our hotel and I hope that you will have an opportunity to come back again in the future.

Thank you again for your feedback and please feel free to contact me directly at (925)730-0070 ext 505 if you should need anything.

Mountain View
Reviewed September 5, 2013

I stayed for the first time at this hotel for 2 nights. Needed something not to far from Fairgrounds. Really nice room, great breakfast; Downside: No shuttle service on weekends=>Take own car or a cab.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled solo
Review collected in partnership with Easytobook.com

Marlene F, General Manager at Hyatt House Pleasanton, responded to this review, September 9, 2013
Thank you for your comments on your stay with us. I'm so glad that you enjoyed our location and also our full hot complimentary breakfast buffet! We have many Guests who stay with us who are visiting the Fairgrounds due to our location and the amenities we offer. I'm sorry that our shuttle was not available to you on the weekends as we only run it for certain times during the day on Mon-Fri as a convenience to our Corporate travelers. Times and restrictions for our shuttle are all listed on our website at www.pleasanton.house.hyatt.com.

Thank you again for your feedback and I hope that you will have an opportunity to stay with us again in the future! Please feel free to contact me directly at 925-730-0070 ext. 505 if you should need anything.

newcastle, wa
Reviewed August 28, 2013

My family and I booked this Hyatt House in Pleasanton because my daughter’s soccer team was also staying here for a soccer tournament. We had 2 adults and 5 kids in our party, so we got a 2 bedroom with 2 bath suite with a kitchen and pull out sofa bed. The layout of the room was great! The kitchen was clean and fully stocked with all the utensils, which I didn’t expect, but a nice little surprise. The only complaint was our bed and trash left under the kitchen sink. When we pulled the sheets back, there was hair ALL over the sheets! It looked like maybe dog hair. We called front desk and they responded right away. Brought up new clean sheets. That’s it! My husband and I had to change the sheets ourselves. They apologized for the inconvenience and left. Housekeeping also forgot to clean out the trash underneath the sink.
We tried to contact the manager the next day to let her know what happened the night before, but she was not available when we were there. Overall, I do recommend this place and would return, but they need to improve their customer service in the housekeeping department.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
Thank you so much for your feedback on your stay with us. I am glad that you enjoyed the spacious suite and the full sized, fully equipped kitchen. I am so sorry that you had some housekeeping issues during your stay with us. We pride ourselves on our cleanliness and I can assure you that this is not the norm for our hotel or our service. I have shared this feedback with our Executive Housekeeper and she has addressed it with her team to assure that this will not happen again in the future. I hope that if your travels bring you back to the Pleasanton area that you will have an opportunity to stay with us again. Thank you so much for your recommendation and please feel free to contact me directly any time at 925-730-0070 ext 505.

Melbourne, Australia
Reviewed July 24, 2013

We had to find last minute accomodation and it was Memorial day weekend. Lucky enough to get 2 rooms here and it turned out to be the best accomodation we had for our 5 week trip in the USA. Free breakfast was excellent but the best part was the included Happy hour in the afternoons. Stayed in 2 bedroom apartment which had all amenities. The rooms all looked brand new. Beds were extremely comfortable. The pool and spa area was also great. Would definitely stay there again if in the area. Shops, restuarants and mall are all nearby even though it is an industrial estate it is a very nice area.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
3 Thank ship34
Marlene F, General Manager at Hyatt House Pleasanton, responded to this review, August 19, 2013
Thank you so much for your comments regarding your stay with us. I'm so glad that you enjoyed your time with us! I hope you will have a chance to return and try some of our new updates that we have recently added like our outdoor firepit! Please feel free to reach out to me directly if you should need any assistance in the future.

Marlene Fahrenkrog
Also consider these accommodations in or near Pleasanton
DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Pleasanton at the Club
Residence Inn Pleasanton
#5 of 14 in Pleasanton
Best Western Plus Pleasanton Inn
Hyatt Place Dublin/Pleasanton

Been to Hyatt House Pleasanton? Share your experiences!