“Ohana”

GreenLeadersBronze level
California
“Ohana”
Reviewed July 1, 2013

The level of hospitality here is consistently high. We should know because we lived here for almost 8 months. Marlene, the general manager; John, the sales manager; and the friendly, capable staff, made my family feel like a part of theirs. Front desk, food service, housekeeping, engineering all wonderful folks! One evening last month, Marlene could be found sporting an apron and serving up meal orders to guests from the bar menu she had personally prepared. It demonstrated a refreshing and remarkable level of engagement you don't often see from management in the industry. Her staff shows the same level of commitment.

The property itself is perfect for families as it is the only Hyatt House in the Tri-Valley that offers two-bedroom suites as well as a sport court and fire pit. Those staying on business will find the 680 and 580 Freeways within easy reach as well as the sprawling corporate campuses of Pleasanton and San Ramon.

The only small negative is the wifi. Its good for checking mail but not much else. It's too slow for streaming content and really slows down in the evening time when everyone is on. So, BYOB (Bring your own bandwidth). Other than that, a great place to live for a while.

Special thanks to Miss Gigi for engaging our little one, Mr Hector for the great meal service, and Miss Juana in housekeeping for the special attention to our little one's stuffed animals.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
3 Thank Balad
Marlene F, General Manager at Hyatt House Pleasanton, responded to this review, July 5, 2013
Thank you so much for your kind words - we feel like you are part of our extended family too! We truly enjoyed having you as our Guests and hope that you will come back and visit us soon - we miss seeing you around the House!

I appreciate your feedback on our wifi service as well! It's feedback such as yours that helps us to improve things. We are working on increasing our bandwidth and also upgrading the WAP's around the property to support our Guests better.

Thank you again for your feedback and support! It was our pleasure having you as our Guests and we wish you lots of luck in your new home! Come back any time because it it our hope that our home is always your home away from home!

Cheers!
Marlene

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (47)
  • Polish first
Allentown, PA
Reviewed June 11, 2013

We stayed at this hotel for one night with a family of 5. We had a very spacious two bedroom suite with a king bed, queen bed, and sofa bed and two separate bathrooms. Everything seemed recently painted and remodeled and was very clean.
The staff were all very pleasant.
The complementary breakfast was one of the best that I've seen at this price point! The fresh fruit was outstanding!
Location was very conveniently located near the highway.
I definitely would recommend this hotel!

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
2 Thank housevet
Marlene F, General Manager at Hyatt House Pleasanton, responded to this review, June 16, 2013
Thank you so much for your review of your stay and of our hotel. I am so glad that you enjoyed your time with us and that the room was comfortable for your family. We recently renovated all of our rooms along with our public space and I am very pleased that you appreciated the upgrades. We will also be adding a cooked to order omelet station in the near future! I hope that if you travel to the Pleasanton area again that you will be able to stay with us and enjoy our upgraded complimentary breakfast with a fresh, made to order omelet!

Thank you again for your feedback and please let me know if should need any assistance in the future. I can be reached at 925-730-0070 ext 505.

Washington DC, District of Columbia
Reviewed May 30, 2013

We generally look for quiet hotels with clean rooms. The Hyatt House Pleasanton easily met our requirements. Our room was clean, quiet and very comfortable. We like the configuration of the suite. The bed was very comfortable. The hotel is in a quiet location, but still very convenient to restaurants and shopping. I used to travel a lot on business and this would have been the perfect place to stay. We also found the staff to be extremely friendly. When we return to Pleasanton this will be our preferred place to stay.

Room Tip: We like room 25 as it is very quiet and centrally located.
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank mokersj
Marlene F, General Manager at Hyatt House Pleasanton, responded to this review, June 9, 2013
Thank you so much for your wonderful review of our hotel! I'm so glad you enjoyed your stay and were able to relax in a quiet, comfortable room. We are excited to be offering new outdoor spaces to relax and unwind as well! Our new outdoor firepit will be opening this week and our Guests will be able to enjoy new soft seating outside around the fire. I hope that your travels will bring you back to the Pleasanton area so that you may enjoy this new feature.
Thank you again for your review and please feel free to contact me directly if you should need anything. I can be reached at (925)730-0070.

Decatur, Illinois
Reviewed May 27, 2013

We come to Pleasanton once or twice a year to visit family, and really enjoy staying in a location that allows us to feel "at home" during our stay. We have stayed at the Hyatt House several times now, and have been very pleased every time. The complimentary breakfast is perfect for us to enjoy before heading out for the day. We have always found the rooms to be very clean (important to us) and the place is quiet all night long. The property is recently renovated, and everything looks fantastic! The staff has always been very friendly, and they are quite helpful when we have wanted something different with our room.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Dennis R
Marlene F, General Manager at Hyatt House Pleasanton, responded to this review, May 31, 2013
Thank you so much for your great review of our hotel! I'm so glad that you enjoyed your stay with us. We pride ourselves on taking care of our Guests and making sure that everyone's stay is relaxing. I'm so glad that we were able to provide a quiet comfortable place for you during your visit to the Pleasanton area.

Thank you again and please feel free to contact me directly at (925)730-0070 ext 505 if you should need anything.

Munich, Germany
Reviewed May 17, 2013

What a difference to the Extended Stay next door! The Hyatt House is a clean, quiet, excellent location. My single bedroom suite was like new, with a small functional kitchen (fridge, microwave, coffee maker, garbage disposal, dishes, pots/pans and utensils for 4). The bedroom had a large comfortable bed, 3-drawer dresser, flat-screen TV, and alarm clock radio; the adjoining bathroom had toilet and large walk-in shower, large separate sink area and a walk-in closet. The separate living area had a fold-out sleeper couch, large screen TV, desk and chair with wired (100) and wireless (54) free internet.

The common areas are well maintained. The brand-new breakfast/bar area is great; good choices for breakfast and an evening reception with free food and drink. The pool and jacuzzi area is clean and relatively unused; the surrounding area is filled with tables and chairs, umbrellas and a sports area. There is also a place to have a grill party. The hotel grounds are nicely landscaped and neat.

A coin laundry (2$ in quarters for washers and dryers) is available, with 3 wash machines and 4 dryers. Also a small snack shop is open 24/7 next to the front desk. The hotel staff is friendly and courteous... also a van will pick you up and drop you off within a 5 mile radius of the hotel.

Across the street from the hotel are several restaurants (around the back of the business units). Subway, a decent Grill, a new Vietnamese restaurant, Pitas, etc. Another block down on the other side of Stonebridge Rd. are several more restaurants (another grill, Round Table Pizza, Sushi, Cheese Steak, etc.) so you won't go hungry. Stonebridge Mall is about 30 minute's walk away; there is a Lucky supermarket about 15 minutes walk.

I really enjoyed my stay at the Hyatt House, and will book again when I come back to Pleasanton.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled on business
5 Thank MikeJameson
Marlene F, General Manager at Hyatt House Pleasanton, responded to this review, May 19, 2013
Thank you so much for your wonderful review of our hotel. I am so happy that you enjoyed your stay with us and were able to experience the new lobby/public space renovation! I'm so glad you liked the upgrades we have been working on. I hope that your travels will bring you back to the Pleasanton area again soon and that you will be able to enjoy even more great changes coming like our new H Bar and our outdoor firepit.

Please feel free to contact me directly at (925)730-0070 ext 505 if you should need anything at all.

Omaha, Nebraska
Reviewed May 6, 2013

We have stayed at this location in the past when in the Pleasanton area. Again we were very pleased with our stay. We selected the two bedroom unit since we were staying with my brother and wife. This unit was very nice of two couples due to the layout of the room and separation of the bedrooms. Full kitchen and living room made the stay even nicer. Everything was clean and the beds were wonderful.

Breakfast was complimentary with a very good selection. Our eggs (scrambled) and bacon were just luke warm, but OK. Plenty of fruit, breads, and excellent coffee. Considering it was FREE and lots of it, I can not complain to much. I wish we had reason to stay for a while with the pool, basket ball court, barbque pits, and evening treats. The lobby was under construction during our stay, but that did not seem to cause any trouble. It will be nice to see the completed project.

Will definitely recommend this as the best place to stay in Pleasanton, reasonably priced, great facilities and food, convenient and friendly staff, what more would you want.

Room Tip: Rooms on the first floor facing the interior since there are no elevators.
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
Marlene F, General Manager at Hyatt House Pleasanton, responded to this review, May 10, 2013
Thank you so much for your feedback on your recent stay with us! I'm so glad that you enjoyed your time here and hope that you will be able to visit us again in the near future when our lobby/public space renovation is complete. We will be adding a cooked to order omelet station to our complimentary breakfast buffet in addition to our new H Bar! We are also adding an outdoor firepit with soft seating for our Guests to enjoy.

Thank you again for your feedback and we look forward to seeing you back again soon!

Scottsdale, Arizona
Reviewed April 16, 2013

Stayed here because we had two couples and a one year old and wanted a two bedroom suite and a place for the one year old to have a separate space. The common space was nice, but the bedrooms themselves were really small. We could barely fit the crib they provided in our bedroom. The crib they provided looked like an old white metal hospital crib from the 40's that squeaked each time it moved, so my infant pretty much wouldn't sleep for the two days we were there. The first night, our room was super hot and stuffy, despite turning the AC way down. We discovered the next day that someone had closed the only vent that supplies air to the bedroom. Once we opened the vent, the room was much cooler. We were on the ground floor, and the rooms and common area were a bit darker that what I like. I have never stayed at a Hyatt House before, but for a similar price, I'll probably go with a Courtyard next time.

Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
Hi there...I'm so sorry to hear that you did not enjoy your stay with us. I want to let you know that in response to your feedback regarding our cribs, we just ordered and received brand new portable cribs for our Guests to use. They are smaller and fit well next to our king beds in our rooms. I also want to apologize that the vent was not open for you on your first night. I have informed our Maintenance Department and this will be one of the items that they check when completing suite care on all of our check outs.

I hope that you will have an opportunity to try us again in the near future after our renovation is complete. Our brand new lobby/public space will be opening by the end of May and we are looking forward to entertaining Guests at our new H Bar as well at our new outdoor firepit.

Please let me know if there is anything I can do for you and feel free to contact me directly at (925)730-0070 ext. 505.

Marlene
Also consider these accommodations in or near Pleasanton
DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Pleasanton at the Club
#9 of 14 in Pleasanton
Residence Inn Pleasanton
Residence Inn Pleasanton
#7 of 14 in Pleasanton

Been to Hyatt House Pleasanton? Share your experiences!