“Pleasant stay”

Hyatt House Pleasanton
Ranked #3 of 14 Hotels in Pleasanton
GreenLeadersBronze level
Reviewed April 10, 2013

I had a meeting to go to and did not want to go home. I booked a room here. The Hyatt House was a nice change. I had a one bedroom suite. The room was clean,comfortable and tastefully decorated. The dvd player was a nice touch. I brought along some Netflix movies with me.
I will definitely stay here again.

Room Tip: Book via their website or on a Friday or Saturday. Rates are cheaper.
  • Stayed: March 2013, traveled solo
Marlene F, General Manager at Hyatt House Pleasanton, responded to this reviewResponded April 22, 2013

Thank you so much for your review. I'm so glad you enjoyed your stay with us and especially enjoyed the DVD player in your suite. I hope that you will have an opportunity to try us again when our lobby/public space renovation is complete in May. We will be opening our new HBar and will feature small bites as well as beer, wine and cocktails for purchase. We will also have a new outdoor firepit with soft seating just in time for summer!

Thank you again for your comments and feedback and please let me know if you should need anything. I can be reached at (925)730-0070 ext 510.

Reviewed March 13, 2013

I recently stayed at the Hyatt house in Pleasanton for a 10 day business trip. I was so pleased with my stay, I've already booked this hotel again for my next trip.

The staff was friendly and professional and check in was a breeze. I found out that they were at almost 100% capacity during my stay but, everything seemed to run very smoothly.

My room was very comfortable and seemed to have been recently rennovated.

There are a few restaurants/eatieries within walking distance from the hotel: Starbucks, Sweet Tomatoes, Sendo Sushi (awesome), Subway, and a BBQ place.

But, Hyatt house provided a hot breakfast every morning that rotated items throughout the week. It was nice to have some variety.

The evening social hour (5:30 - 7 PM) was pretty good too. This is only offered during the week but, it was a nice way to get a quick bite. There was always a salad and a soup offered and a rotating menu of a hot item. The menu is located on the bulletin board in each guest room.

Some nights the hot items were better than others. But, it was nice to have a choice to grab something at the hotel or walk across the street.

This was an ideal place to stay for an extended business trip. They even provide a shuttle service to nearby locations on the half hour in the morning and evening.

The hotel lobby is being refurbished and the hotel staff did their best to keep the guests informed of any changes in services or amenities. I was never negatively impacted but, after being notified of the laundry shutting down over the weekend, I did my laundry a day earlier.

I look forward to going back soon.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled on business
Marlene F, General Manager at Hyatt House Pleasanton, responded to this reviewResponded March 31, 2013

Thank you so much for your feedback on your recent stay with us. I'm so glad you enjoyed your newly renovated room. Our lobby renovation should be complete by May and I hope that you will have an opportunity to come back and visit us so that you may enjoy all of the new amenities we will offer. We will be opening our new HBar which will have food for purchase and a variety of wines, beers and spirits. We will also be adding an omelet station to our complimentary breakfast buffet. You will also enjoy a new firepit with soft seating on our back patio!

Thank you again for your comments and we hope to see you back again soon!

- Marlene Fahrenkrog

Reviewed January 23, 2013

We needed a 2 night stop over near Livermore, and this place was perfect!
The check in process was very easy and the receptionist was super friendly. The workout room was clean and tidy, breakfast was good and had plenty to choose from. They even serve Torrefazione coffee which is my favorite!
Our room was very spacious, clean and very quiet. We will definitely stay here again!

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled as a couple
Marlene F, General Manager at Hyatt House Pleasanton, responded to this reviewResponded January 25, 2013

Thank you so much for your kind feedback. I'm so glad that you enjoyed your stay with us! I hope that you will have a chance to stay with us again in the future as we are going to be adding some great new amenities and renovating all of our public space! We will be opening our new HBar in April and will have a great fire pit area with soft seating our patio for our Guests to enjoy!

Thank you again for your great feedback and please fee free to contact me directly at anytime if I can be of assistance. I can be reached at (925)730-0070 ext. 505.

Reviewed January 13, 2013

I arrived to be checked into a 2bdrm suite that had not been cleaned. On top of that my card had been charged twice. They moved our party to a new room which smelt like rotten trash. I was thankful for the can of aerosol I carry in my travel bag. I will not be booking our wedding party or guest in this Hyatt in the spring as planned.

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank patty o

Thank you for your review. I apologize that you are not satisfied after speaking with me on the phone and after we did not charge you for your stay with us due to the mistake we made of giving you keys to a room that was not ready. As I assured you when we spoke, this is not the norm for us and I apologize again that this happened to you.

Regarding the double charging to your card, as I explained to you on the phone - the reason you were charged twice is that you mistakenly booked two rooms at our Hyatt.com prepaid rate. We called you to confirm whether you needed both rooms and when you told us that it was a mistake made by you - we immediately canceled the reservation and refunded your money even though the rate you booked was a non-refundable, non-changeable rate.

Lastly, as you mentioned on the phone to me, the second room we gave you keys to had an odor to it and you were able to open the window for a bit and the smell went away. As I explained to you, due to the fact that we have full kitchens in our rooms, sometimes our Guests will make meals etc and there may be lingering scents from cooking. We do our best to freshen the rooms when we clean them but we are unable to open windows and leave them open when the rooms are vacant. I made sure to speak to our Executive Housekeeper after you mentioned this to me so that we can work on ways to make sure this does not happen again in the future.

I'm sorry to hear that you won't return in the spring. As I told you when we spoke, we are ranked in the top of Hyatt's customer service and our goal is to always surpass our Guests expectations. Unfortunately, in your case, we fell short of that goal and I do apologize again for that and hope that by not charging you for your stay that we were able to help a bit with the inconvenience you experienced when staying with us.

Please let me know if you would like to discuss this further - I am happy to be of assistance any time. I can be reached at (925)730-0070 ext. 505.

Reviewed January 10, 2013

This hotel is our favorite place to stay, this time it was tops. Front Desk personnel were helpful and friendly, they wanted our stay to be the best ever. Breakfast was complimentary with a very good selection, plentiful and batch cooked so it was fresh and tasty, everyone had a good start for the day. House Keeping was good. Our recently renovated suite was perfect for our family's use and very comfortable with all the amenities needed for an extended stay.

Will definitely recommend this as the best place to stay in Pleasanton, reasonably priced, great facilities and food, convenient and friendly staff, what more would you want. Very responsive management is a definite plus

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled with family
Marlene F, General Manager at Hyatt House Pleasanton, responded to this reviewResponded January 11, 2013

Hi there...I was so happy to see that you stayed with us again and that you enjoyed your stay! We always enjoy having you as our Guest! We will be starting a full lobby/public space renovation in February which should be complete by the beginning of April so we look forward to having you back again to enjoy the new amenities we will be offering.

Please feel free to contact me directly any time if you should need anything. I can be reached at (925)730-0070 ext 505.

Thanks again for returning to stay with us and Happy New Year!

Reviewed January 8, 2013 via mobile

I stay many places but this by far was the best stay for my family. It had so much room for my kids to play. Full kitchen, living room area and separate bedroom. We only stayed for one night and we were sad to have to leave but it was more of a business trip. I slept with my twins in the pull sofa bed and it was really comfy. I have sleept on some sofa beds that were pure misery but nit this time. My hubby and 7 yr sleept in the king bed were comfy also. Closets were big, everything was clean. I am very picky on cleanliness. I hate rooms that are falling apart and it felt brand new to me. Well kept hyatt definitely. Breakfast was good, better than average. Don't expect gourmet but expect variety and better than MCdonalds crap and its free. I do hours of research on hotels, look over reviews etc and this was by far the best.

• Stayed: January 2013
1  Thank kimmirae

Hi there...Thank you so much for your kind words regarding your recent stay with us! I'm so glad that you and your family truly enjoyed your time with us. Thank you also for posting some nice photos of the suite you were in. I'm so glad you enjoyed the new sofa bed as well as the new Hyatt Grand Bed that were recently put in the suites too!

I hope that you will have an opportunity to stay with us again as we will be undergoing a full public space/lobby renovation that should be complete by April of this year. Please fee free to contact me directly at (925)730-0070 ext 505 if you should need anything.

Reviewed January 7, 2013

We stopped here for a night on our way. The front desk staff was very friendly. The suite was very spacious and well decorated. Well equipped kitchen though we didnt get to use it. One of the more comfortable beds i have slept in. This property is designed for longer term guests and felt suited for the purpose. Good hot breakfast in the morning. Overall a very comfortable stay.

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled as a couple

Thank you so much for your review on our hotel! I'm so glad you enjoyed your stay with us - even if it was for only one night. We are definitely equipped to host longer term Guests, however, we have many people that stay with us for just one or two nights because they enjoy the extra space they get vs. a standard hotel room. I hope that you will have a chance to visit us again in the future and check out the new public space and lobby area that will be newly renovated in the spring!

Thank you again for your feedback and please contact me directly at (925)730-0070 ext 505 if you should need anything.

Marlene

Also consider these accommodations in or near Pleasanton
DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Pleasanton at the Club
#9 of 14 in Pleasanton
The Rose Hotel
The Rose Hotel
#2 of 14 in Pleasanton

Been to Hyatt House Pleasanton? Share your experiences!