“Nice place.”

GreenLeadersBronze level
Bengaluru, India
“Nice place.”
Reviewed January 7, 2013

I got a comfortable room on the first floor. The property is great, very clean and a very quiet neighbourhood. The breakfast included with the room is better than most other hotels that I've stayed in.

Very significantly I find that the hotel staff retention seems to be great. I recognized a couple of faces from staying there a year ago... and they're all very friendly and helpful.

The only thing that disappointed me this year: no bath tub in my room... I was told the room was renovated, didn't expect no-tub! Were they taken out? No idea.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
Marlene F, General Manager at Hyatt House Pleasanton, responded to this review, January 11, 2013
Thank you so much for your feedback regarding your recent stay. I'm so glad you enjoyed your stay with us and recognized some friendly faces. We have a wonderful staff here and many of them have been with us for several years now! I'm sorry to hear you were disappointed that you did not receive a bathtub in your suite. We took them out of the One Bedroom Suites during the renovation based on Guest feedback we received that people prefer a shower vs a tub. We do, however, still have tubs in our Trio Suites so if you would like to guarantee that you have a tub in your suite during your next visit, you may reserve a Trio Suite for this.

Please feel free to contact me directly at (925)730-0070 ext 505 if you should need anything. We look forward to seeing you back soon!

Marlene

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (48)
  • Polish first
Monterey, California
Reviewed January 6, 2013

At check in, we were having a problem because they needed to charge a $200.00 deposit for the incidentals and the cost of the room on the credit card. It was over $300.00 and it had to be on one card and they wouldn't let me pay cash, which I had, unfortunately after the holidays I didn't have one card that had enough room for that charge. The lady at the desk was not being very nice or helpful with the situation. I made reservations with the hotel and they never said anything about this elevated deposit. I ended up having to put on a debit card which will take a few weeks to get credited back. This was the first time staying at this type of Hyatt, the suites are a nice value thats for sure! They are all to the exterior and there are no elevators, she put us on the 3rd floor, however one trip up the stairs and we went back down to the desk, and asked for the first floor. She did do that for us.

Room Tip: There are no elevators, so if you do not want to walk the stairs, make sure and request first floor.
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
Hi there...Thank you so much for your feedback regarding your recent stay with us. I'm glad you enjoyed our suites and the extra space and value you received. I apologize that we were not able to put you on a bottom floor and would recommend that if you do stay with us again, that you request a first floor when making your reservation and we will do our best to accomodate your request. I understand your concern with the amount of deposit we require at check in, however, this is our standard policy for all weekend Guests.

I hope that you will have a chance to visit us again soon and please let me know if I can be of any assistance to you. I can be reached at (925)730-0070 ext 505.

Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
Reviewed December 20, 2012

These suites are fantastic. I was on a business trip with my husband and baby and needed the extra space so I went with these suites. We were upgraded to a two bedroom and I couldn't have been happier. The beds were soft and comfortable. The bedrooms were a good size, both with their own bathrooms. I stayed here for one week, and we had convenient magnets to hang on the door to ask if you wanted the room freshened up, or if you wanted the maid to not visit at all. We liked this a lot, because the baby was sleeping often and we didn't want her disturbed. The location was great and within walking distance to restaurants. The breakfast buffet had hot food, including scrambled eggs and homefries. I enjoyed getting breakfast there each day, since it was part of our stay.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled on business
2 Thank givemeahug
Marlene F, General Manager at Hyatt House Pleasanton, responded to this review, December 21, 2012
Hi there...Thank you so much for your feedback on your stay with us. I'm so glad that it was an enjoyable time for you and your family. If you do get a chance to return in the new year - you will see some changes beginning April 1st! We are renovating our lobby/public space and will be adding an HBar as well as some outdoor soft seating with a firepit! I hope that your travels bring you back to Pleasanton so that you can enjoy our new amenities we will be offering. Please feel free to contact me directly at (925)730-0070 ext 505 if you should need anything.

New Westminster, British Columbia, Canada
Reviewed October 15, 2012

Nice is really the best word for this place. We had a beautiful suite overlooking the courtyard, nice hot breakfast every morning. The hot tub was wonderful. We made use of the BBQ one evening to do some steaks, the whole experience was really Nice.

Room Tip: Courtyard view is best
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled with friends
1 Thank BJ T
Marlene F, General Manager at Hyatt House Pleasanton, responded to this review, October 25, 2012
Thank you so much for your review. I'm so glad that you enjoyed your stay and our beautiful courtyard! We will be renovating the lobby in January and are adding some outdoor upgrades as well. We will be putting in another gazebo with soft seating as well as a fire pit for our Guests to enjoy. I hope that you will make it back to enjoy the new look and feel of our lobby and outdoor space next spring. Thanks again for the feedback on your stay and please feel free to contact me directly at (925)730-0070 ext 505 if you should need anything in the future.

SF Bay area
Reviewed September 10, 2012

Stayed just one night, but was very happy with accomodations. Location is accessible to many places in the immediate area: shopping mall, restaurants and grocery, parks. Everyone at the front desk was helpful and professional. 2 BDR unit suited our needs and we took advantage of full kitchen for dinner. Originally reserved Trio unit but only one available was on 2nd floor towards back lot. With kids, I preferred easy access to pool, so got the 2 King beds facing courtyard. Patio tables outside pool area was nice place for lunch. The hot/cold breakfast menu was decent, but the eggs were awful and pancakes a bit rubbery. There were other items that were fine and the kitchen staff was accomodating to replenishing coffee thermoses and dishes. Had a good stay here and would recommend.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with friends
Marlene F, General Manager at Hyatt House Pleasanton, responded to this review, November 6, 2012
Thank you so much for your great feedback. I'm so glad you enjoyed your accomodations with us and that our location was convenient for you as well. I do apologize that the breakfast was not to your liking and I wanted to let you know that we will be upgrading this in the new year. We are adding a cooked to order omelette station that we are sure our Guests will enjoy. I hope that you will have another opportunity to visit us in 2013 to enjoy our newly renovated lobby as well as our new addition of the omelette station.

Thank you again for your feedback and please feel free to contact me directly at (925)730-0070 ext 505 if you should need anything.

Mendocino
Reviewed September 6, 2012

Unit was a good size with separate bedroom and full kitchen. Pool was just the right temperature, bed was comfortable, bathroom and kitchen nice. Only there for 1 night but would be a great spot for a longer stay. Breakfast was ok. Quiet area.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
Thank you so much for your feedback. I'm so glad you enjoyed your stay with us. I hope that you will be able to return in the new year as we will be renovating our breakfast area and adding an omelet station to our complimentary breakfast buffet for all of our Guests. We will also be adding Hyatt's signature HBar and will offer small plates and drinks 7 days a week. Thank you again for your review and please let me know if you should need anything in the future. I can be reached at (925)730-0070 ext. 505.

San Francisco
Reviewed August 13, 2012

Had a recent weekend stay for a kids sporting event. At the last minute the staff went above and beyond to be accomodating for our group and wanted to send a note to thank them for it.

For my room specifically, we had one facing outside the courtyard and it was very quiet. Someone commenented that it must be empty because there was so little noise but I pointed out the parking lot is packed and at checkin I overheard on the phone they said they were sold out for the night! Pool a bit small but well heated and very well kept along with the rest of the common area.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
Thank you so much for your review. I'm so glad that you enjoyed your stay with us and hope that you will be back again during future events in our area. We will be renovating our public space and outdoor area and will be adding things like a gazebo with soft seating and a separate fire pit area with additional seating as well. We are also adding Hyatt's signature HBar and will offer small plates and drinks 7 days a week. Thank you again for your comments and we look forward to having you back as our Guest soon! If you should need anything please feel free to contact me directly at (925)730-0070 ext 505.

Marlene Fahrenkrog
Also consider these accommodations in or near Pleasanton
DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Pleasanton at the Club
Larkspur Landing Pleasanton
Larkspur Landing Pleasanton
#8 of 14 in Pleasanton
Four Points by Sheraton Pleasanton

Been to Hyatt House Pleasanton? Share your experiences!