“Comfortable stay”

Sheraton Pleasanton Hotel
Ranked #7 of 14 Hotels in Pleasanton
Reviewed November 19, 2013

I stayed here over a year ago, September 2012 to be precise. I had a training in one of the companies around the area and this was the most convenient of the hotels near.

The rooms were clean and comfortable enough and it was cleaned everyday. The air conditioner/ heater broke down once during my stay.

The breakfast food was okay until I got tired of the choices, I stayed for a week so I didn't really have a lot of options on this one.

Room Tip: I stayed in a room facing Stoneridge and I prefer it over the rooms facing the highway. It's pro...
  • Stayed: December 2012, traveled on business
SheratonPleasanton, General Manager at Sheraton Pleasanton Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded December 2, 2013

We are very happy to learn you had a very comfortable stay with us. I apologize for the water istuation. Our boiler system was completely replaced, which will prevent the no hot water situation we had. Sincerely, Mario Lopez - General Manager.

Reviewed November 11, 2013

Room was great, the man working the reception desk was unfriendly as if doing us a favor. Poor instructions, didn't know there was a pool until we were checking out, no mention in the hotel info. Buffet breakfast should have been great but no menus, no pricing in advance, waiter had difficulty with English although he tried. Not up to other sheratons I have stayed at.

Stayed: November 2013, traveled with family
SheratonPleasanton, General Manager at Sheraton Pleasanton Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded November 15, 2013

Dear Likestodine L,
I thank you for your feedback. Our newly renovated rooms are fantastic. I will personally look into and address the issues you encountered while staying with us. I am sorry for the inconvenience. Sincerely, Mario Lopez - General Manager.

Reviewed November 5, 2013

I'm staying here for a conference at a nearby company, and the company gave us corporate rate that made this hotel the most affordable option. I have not been impressed at all. The carpet in the hall outside my room is filthy, covered with crumbs and other particles. My room isn't much better - there are crumbs on the floor, and hairs in the bathroom (not mine). I'm getting the impression that all the vacuum cleaners in the hotel must be broken. One of the two beds is hard and crinkly (the other isn't so bad, at least, though there is a brown stain on the comforter - ugh). There is no alarm clock in my room (?). The first channel on the TV doesn't work (others do). My room is next to the freeway and pretty loud (but at least it's mostly white noise). At least the wifi (slow) and parking is free. This does not feel like most Sheraton's I've stayed in before. It feels run-down, dated, and dirty. No way I'd stay here again. The corporate discount was, and is, the only selling point. This place needs to step up it's game...

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled on business
SheratonPleasanton, General Manager at Sheraton Pleasanton Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded November 13, 2013

Dear snapshot20,
I want to thank you for your feedback and sincerely apologize for the issues you encountered while staying with us. I will personally address each to prevent re-occurrence. Sincerely, Mario Lopez - General Manager.

Reviewed October 29, 2013 via mobile

I have stayed at the Sheraton Pleasanton MANY times over the past 6 years. Business brings me to the area. I wouldn't suggest anyone stay here unless it is convenient for work or family - only because..well, why would you choose to stay here otherwise ? But if you need to be in Pleasanton, then this is a fine hotel. Comfortable rooms, nothing too hip - but a reliable Sheraton experience. I have found the front desk staff to be nice and efficient. Some of them over the years have been really nice - which makes travelling a better experience. Best piece of advice: pick a room on the mall side, NOT the freeway side. Much, much quieter !

• Stayed: October 2013

Dear roadwarriorla,
I want to thank you for taking time to post your review of our hotel. We appreciate your kind comments about our comfortable rooms and our nice and efficent desk staff. We are very proud of our newly renovated hotel and, when combined with our superb services, the reliable Sheraton experience we deliver to each and very guest. We look forward to your next visit. Sincerely, Mario Lopez - General Manager.

Reviewed October 22, 2013

We had a reunion in this area of dublin. We had been customers in sherathon for alot of years and our experience was almost excelent, all that things that they renew was clean all the rooms were clean. All the staff were really friendly the only thing that we didn't like was the service of the breakfast time. 1st of all one of our waiter was friendly but she didn't had the time for us to be attend. Almost all the tables were alone and dirty. eating dirty like this was not nice . In this kind of situations the customers has no fault if they dont have the personal staff to proportional sherathon service.

• Stayed: October 2013
1  Thank jac384
SheratonPleasanton, General Manager at Sheraton Pleasanton Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded October 24, 2013

Dear Guest,
I appreciate you sharing your experience about your stay with us. We pride ourselves in the excellent service, comfortabe and clean rooms. I apologize to read about your epxerience with our restaurant - I will personally look into this to correct and prevent re-occurrence. Sincerely, Mario Lopez - General Manager.

Reviewed October 21, 2013

Just stayed 3 nights for a local dog show. Good pet friendly hotel... Very pleasant staff who were very accommodating.
We had a ground floor room on the freeway side, so had a bit of noise. You could tell it had been remodeled. Nice colors, comfy beds and sheets. That's where it ended.
You could tell there had been a light in the foyer. Switch was still on the wall but couldn't find a single fixture to cast light in the area. So, if arriving or departing in the dark hours of the day, bring a flashlight. The closet is free-standing in the foyer. VERY difficult to see anything in there when so dark.
Bathroom had no towel rack or fan. Bathroom stayed steamy long after shower, and towels never really dried... No where to hang them up. They come folded on a counter near the sink.
I mentioned the need for a light - anything, even a clip on lamp in the foyer and a need to have something to hang towels. Asked the front desk three times and spoke to engineering once. Always promised to get it done but never happened. A friend in another room had the same difficulties.
Got the room for $61/night on Priceline. That was about right for the room considering our issues that never were resolved.

Room Tip: Get a room on non-freeway side.
  • Stayed: October 2013, traveled with friends
SheratonPleasanton, General Manager at Sheraton Pleasanton Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded October 23, 2013

Dear bellevuehousewife,
We appreciate your feedback and sincerely apologize for the experience you had while staying with us. I am personally following up on every issue to immediately correct. Sincerely, Mario Lopez - General Managher.

Reviewed October 15, 2013

If you need to be in Pleasanton proper, the location cannot be beat. Steps from BART. Right on the freeway. Walkable to the mall (specifically, Nordstrom) and at least a dozen companies. However, I reserve a higher rating due to the fact that the property is still in need of major renovation.

The staff is insanely friendly. Definitely well trained and watched closely by management. This can be a good thing and a bad thing. When I was sitting at the bar one evening, working, I swore there were secret service dudes walking around (slim fitting suits, pins on the lapels). Nope, they were just staff people. Speaking of the bar - GREAT happy hour (food and drink), good space to read/work on laptop/etc.

So, it looks like they've renovated some? Or maybe they're in the middle? I really couldn't tell. My room was clean, but just seemed like a room you'd find at a $45/night motel somewhere in New Mexico. What really disappointed me were the gym and pool. The gym equipment was literally crusted in yukiness. No wipes and it looks like the staff hadn't cleaned machines in weeks. The pool is in poor condition, and because of this, had the appearance that it was very dirty.

Bottom line, I'd probably have to consider one of the dozen other properties within a mile.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled on business

I want to thank you for taking time to post your comments about our hotel. Our location and staff are certainly fantastic. I sincerely apologize for the issues you encountered, which I will personally address with my team. Once again, please accept my apologies. Sincerely, Mario Lopez - General Manager.