“Disgusting dog poop in our room!!!”

Sheraton Pleasanton Hotel
Ranked #9 of 14 Hotels in Pleasanton
“Disgusting dog poop in our room!!!”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 22, 2012

Will never stay again, checked in at 3:00 drop off our things and went to a wedding nearby. When we came back to our room, from the wedding, around 12:30 my boyfriend was going to turn on the floor lamp and noticed their was POOP!! dog droppings!!! We wanted to leave or at least get another room. We called the front desk and they sent housekeeping to clean. We went down stairs and the guy at the front desk was asked if we had a pet in the room. But of course we didn't we don't even have pets. He couldn't help much because all rooms were booked and he couldn't guarantee our $ back. Not to mention he was overlly dramatic and had to step outside because he was hyperventilating!!! Trust me not once did we raise our voice or get crazy with him we were very reasonable trying to explain ourselves.
My point is how much do they really clean the room? We couldn't believe house keeping had missed cleaning poop of the carpet floor gross!!!!

• Stayed July 2012
8 Thank ia28
Sheratonpls, Manager at Sheraton Pleasanton Hotel, responded to this review, July 27, 2012
I am deeply dismayed and embarrassed by this posting which upon investigation I believe to be an exaggeration of the events that occurred on this evening. Like all guest comments, this one demanded immediate attention and thorough investigation. All Front Desk agents, shuttle drivers and barstaff were interviewed, along with the Managers-On-Duty. The following facts have been revealed:

- The guests that checked into this room were accompanied by another couple who had a dog with them. The same persons with the dog were seen leaving the hotel later that evening with the canine, after exiting the guest elevator and walking into the lobby in the company of the guests registered to that room.
- The room in question had been vacated earlier that day, then cleaned by a hotel Room Attendant, and before being released had been inspected by the Front Desk Manager. An interrogation of the electronic lock revealed the keys that had been used on the guest room door prior to those issued to the guest later registered to that room.
- The offensive 'item' was in a very conspicuous place on the carpet, and in full public view. This 'item' was allegedly missed by the Room Attendant; (and again during the subsequent vacuuming of the carpet); Front Desk Manager's room inspection; registered guest on initial entry to room in the afternoon; and the registered guest upon their return to the room late in the evening; but spotted on their second entry into the room after midnight, after which it was brought to the attention of hotel staff.
- The front desk staff and shuttle driver were familiar with the guests in question as they were checked in as part of a larger group that we later transported to a local event, then collected and brought back to the hotel. Timelines can be identified by the shuttle pick-ups. Subsequent interrogation of the electronic locks confirms the multiple entries made into the guest room.
- The Front Desk Manager dealt directly with the guest the next morning and, though skeptical due to the incredulous nature of the disclosure, acted in the spirit of hospitality and refunded a large portion of the guests room charge in addition to procuring breakfast in the restaurant for the occupants of the guest room. He had previously been notified of the complaint made earlier that morning and had already spoken with the agents from the previous day who had confirmed the presence of the dog in their company.

This entry is unfair, unwarranted, unscrupulous and untrue. This posting was made after an attempt to have the room given complimentary was refused, and is a concerted effort to negatively influence visitors to this particular site.

Sheraton Pleasanton Hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (85)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
Vancouver, Canada
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 18, 2012

I stay at this hotel often for business and I am an SPG member. If you are looking for a hotel close t work with a okay bed and nothing else then this is the place for you. Otherwise there are better options in the local vicinity. This property went through a reno a few years back from what used to be a Wyndham property. The rooms and beds are very up-to-date and they have all the amenities you would want. You have to be on the correct side of the hotel though. The side facing the freeway is NOISY. They have a small bar, restaurant and pool which are nice to have on-site for convenience but they are nothing too special.

Room Tip: Make sure you ask for a room on the opposite side of the freeway. That alone will make your stay mo...
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled on business
1 Thank demtwins
Sheratonpls, General Manager at Sheraton Pleasanton Hotel, responded to this review, August 15, 2012
Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to log your thoughts about my hotel and for your continued patronage and candid review. I agree that there are many fine hotels in our immediate vicinity and they all offer something different to the discerning traveler. We must be doing something right to have you return often, and I truly hope that you continue to do so in the future. My staff and I are always eager to hear from our guests and learn new ways to improve our offering to our valued patrons.

I am happy to announce that our 2013 guest room renovation has been rescheduled for late 2012, so I believe that we will have an even better product to offer our guests in the very near future. I hope to have you as our guest in the future so that you can enjoy the new furnishings and improvements that are coming soon.

Plano, Texas, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 17, 2012

I read some reviews here before I went and was afraid that it will be too noisy in the room ('cause I sometimes don't sleep well when traveling). But the staff gave us a room not facing the highway and it was not noisy at all (you can hear pin drop!). staff's very friendly and they have a nice lobby with business center where you can use the computer and print for free. A bar by the lobby where you can socialize. We love this hotel! Very centrally located right by a mall.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank Fung C
Dear Valued Guest,

I truly appreciate you taking the time to add your review and comments relating to reviews you had read prior to your arrival. It is refreshing to learn that our guests are willing to judge for themselves as every experience is unique and no two stays are entirely similar. I am delighted to read that you enjoyed my hotel, and hope that you got to spend some time in the Mall while you were here with us.

Please come back and see us again soon.

Thank you.

Minneapolis, Minnesota
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 13, 2012

I made a reservation for a family vacation trip about 5 months in advance. As a member of the Starwoods points program, I booked the room using points. Booked for a King size bed, non-smoking, guaranteed arrival. After a day of connecting flights, arrived directly from the airport at about 11:30PM. Checked in was easy - until we went to the to room only to discover that the room had two regular beds; the AC was inoperative; the floor carpet looked like what you might expect in a high traffic area with stains and marks all over; the shower was an ADA accessible type and the mount for the shower head was broken off. I went bck to the front desk and requested a different room and they advised that they were all sold out. While I was at the desk, they had another "guaranteed" reservation arrive and had no room to offer them. They apologized that they messed up the king size bed and their staff also could not fix the AC so they delivered a floor fan to the room (with no extension cord available). Since the room windows did not open, we couldn't do anything but circulate the hot, stale air. I contacted the national Starwood reservations for assistance and they did not have another property available within 50 miles but immediately offered to provide the room at no charge and follow up with the local Sheraton property. By this time, it was already about 1AM, we were dead tired and decided to make the best of a bad situation. The room also did not have any chairs to sit in and the staff could not offer any seating options. Overall, this is one of the worst experiences that I have had in a long time with any hotel. Maybe their other rooms were in better shape, but this room was unacceptable even by standards that I would apply to a truck stop room. The maintenence of the room was bad; the reservation was bungled (5 months advance booking!) and the staff did not make any effort to relocate us to another property. I have filed a complaint with Starwood about this property and would not recommend it to any fellow travellers. Find someplace else in the area until the Sheraton discovers how to take care of its property and how to provide customer service.

Room Tip: The handicapped accessible rooms are a terrible substitute for a regular room. Stay away from the f...
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
3 Thank Jeff_MN

Travelers are raving about these Pleasanton hotels

Scarsdale, New York
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 8, 2012

This hotel was clean and quiet. But there were glitches which were irritating.

In our room, the bathroom door was off its track, making it impossible to close. We asked for it to be fixed, and maybe the repairman made an attempt, but by the time we returned late at night the problem was still there.

The fitness center had two treadmills and two elipticals; two of the four were out of order the morning we were there.

The elevators had a problem as well. The up and down arrows, outside the elevator doors on our floor, were not working. So a lot of people went down when they wanted to go up and vice versa. As a result, the elevators were often congested, filled with people who were either going in the wrong direction or going in the right direction after heading in the wrong direction first.

The staff at the reception desk was friendly, but somewhat clueless. At one point, there was a fairly significant line--waiting for one desk clerk--while a second desk clerk was looking at his computer, completely oblivious to the problem which was developing in front of him. The staff needs more training in basic hospitality techniques, i.e. look up now and then to see hat is happening around you.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled with friends
San Francisco, California
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 29, 2012

I stayed there on 6/28, was given room 224, the windows look out to garbage dumps and a very loud freeway.
I clicked through all TV channels and couldn't find CNBC, called guest service, and was told channel 14, and when I clicked 14, it said SPIKE channel. Then, guest service said to go back to the Main Menu and see the channel listing. The Menu shows channel 70 is CNBC, I clicked on 70, and got blank screen. Guest service then told me she needed to find out from "maintenence". Give me a break, she needed to find out the TV channels from maintenence?
And of course, nobody called me back.
BTW, everybody complaints about the slow elevator every time I am in it.
There is a reason when you see low star rating.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled on business
1 Thank blackhole_child
Brooklyn, NY
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 29, 2012

I had read some negative reviews about this hotel. However, as part of a wedding party we really had no choice but to stay here for the sake of convenience. Upon arrival, I was very impressed and wondered about those regative reviews. The hotel lobby was nicely decorated and check-in was a breeze. Also, the staff was very polite. My room was exceptionally clean, nicely furnished and spacious. The bathroom was a bit on the small side but now I am being picky. Unfortunately, as I began to settle down, I heard the zoom of cars traveling at a fast speed. I opened my room curtain to see that my room was facing a major highway. I am a light sleeper so I trotted down to the front desk and requested a room change. I was accomodated immediately. My new room was a bit smaller and when I walked in and tried to open the light, I realized that this room was missing a floor lamp and so I had to enter the room in the dark as no lamp was connected to the switch by the front door. In the bathroom, a hook to hang clothing was missing a nail and was hanging lopsided. Also, the knob needed to raise or lower the drain was missing and a lightbulb was out. The toilet was really low on water pressure and I had to flush two or three times until what needed to be flushed was flushed. Not big things but surely housekeeping should have notified maintenance about needed repairs. On the day of the wedding my daughter slept late (and admittedly had the "do not disturb" sign on)while my husband and I were out. We returned and we all left the room with us at about 12:20PM and we returned close to 3PM. The room had not been made up in our absence. We had to start getting ready for the wedding as we had to be at the reception hall by 5:15 and were three people with one bathroom. We were told that housekeeping left promptly at 5PM and we would not be able to have our room cleaned unless we could make the room available before 5. We accepted that our room would not be cleaned that day. However, when we left our room at 5:00PM on the dot, I saw housekeeping go into the room across the hall from me and begin cleaning it. I was not happy. This could be a really nice hotel for people who need to stay in the area (not much going on nearby) but little things do matter to travelers and a hotel with the Sheraton name should do a better job to ensure that their customers are happy.

Room Tip: Avoid rooms facing the highway.
  • Stayed May 2012, traveled with family
3 Thank JLW05
, General Manager at Sheraton Pleasanton Hotel, responded to this review, June 21, 2012
Dear Valued Guest,

I appreciate you taking the time to note your thoughts on your recent visit to my hotel. I have made note of your comments and addressed them with my team. I apologize for one of my team members mis-informing you. Though the bulk of our Housekeeping team do leave around 5pm, we have Housekeeping staff on hand to attend to guest rooms throughout the evening. This should have been more clearly explained to you. I can see why our confusing message would cause upset.

You are absolutely right that the 'little things do matter' and make a difference. I will use your comments as a training tool with my Housekeeping and Maintenance departments in an ongoing fashion to make my team better prepared and more aware of how their efforts impact our guests experience. I appreciate your candor.

Thank you for choosing the Sheraton.

Sheraton Pleasanton
Also consider these accommodations in or near Pleasanton
Pleasanton Marriott
BEST WESTERN PLUS Pleasanton Inn
Holiday Inn Dublin
Holiday Inn Dublin
#3 of 6 in Dublin

Been to Sheraton Pleasanton Hotel? Share your experiences!