“This hotel likes to bait and switch.. Be careful!”

Tri-Valley Inn & Suites
Ranked #12 of 14 Hotels in Pleasanton
Reviewed August 20, 2013

If you're staying in Pleasanton, find another place to stay.. This place has the worst management and treats you like a 3rd class citizen.. I called this hotel for rates and was given a discount for my son attending school in Pleasanton. With Bart going on strike, we thought we should have our child stay there for the week without any worry. NOT TO MENTION they advertise his school and offer a discount.. The manager whom would NOT spell her name since she had VERY broken up English was extremely rude and LIED about a discount. This hotel is awful and after reading reviews, I STRONGLY suggest NOT staying here. I have called the Better Business Bureau and my son's school to inform them of this bait and switch business. IF YOU KNOW WHAT IS GOOD FOR YOU, DO NOT STAY AT THIS HOTEL... PLUS, BE SURE AND READ THEIR REVIEWS... SO HAPPY MY SON WILL BE STAYING SOMEWHERE ELSE THAT CAN BE TRUSTED!!!!

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled solo
3  Thank Daun A
sampatelca, Owner at Tri-Valley Inn & Suites, responded to this reviewResponded August 26, 2013

I want to sincerely apologize for your experience with us, Daun. While I can certainly understand your frustration, I can assure you that this was a matter of miscommunication and not a "bait and switch" situation. As far as management being rude, I'll address your experience with our staff, but I hope you'll understand why we advise our managers not to hand out their personal information. If you have any further questions or concerns, please don't hesitate to reach out. I'd be happy to go over the specifics so we can get to the bottom of this.

Reviewed June 18, 2013

I can't even rate this place the scale doe's not go down that far the pic are not even close's to what this place is like, people live here in some of the rooms, stay at own risk if I had pictures I would put them up sorry, Tried to ask for a cleaner room with no help.

Room Tip: there is no rooms worth it
  • Stayed: June 2013, traveled on business
sampatelca, Owner at Tri-Valley Inn & Suites, responded to this reviewResponded June 23, 2013

David,

Thank you for taking the time to write this review. I want to sincerely apologize for the experience you had with us. It seems like we really missed the mark when you stayed at our hotel. As a guest, your comfort is always our main concern, which is why I'm terribly disappointed in the service we provided when you asked for a different room. Because the rooms aren't currently up to our standards, we're in the process of revamping to make them more clean and comfortable. It is something that we're working tirelessly on to fix and we always welcome and appreciate any feedback you have. I know that you choose to stay with us because of our great locale and fair rates so I hope this will encourage you to give us another try in the future. I'm confident you will be shown the service and experience that I know we're capable of providing. Please feel free to reach out to me with any further questions or concerns.

Reviewed May 17, 2013

Inside and outside very clean, room (221) small, clean, but needed carpet, ac noisey, very nice receptionist, close to places to eat, freeway.Lots of electrical plugs for computer, etc.

bed hard, box spring had large brown stain on the side. bedspread unattractive, no decoratioins

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled on business
sampatelca, Owner at Tri-Valley Inn & Suites, responded to this reviewResponded May 20, 2013

Thanks for this feedback, Barry! We're in the midst of making a lot of changes to the hotel and this type of review is extremely helpful. While we're happy that you enjoyed your stay, we'll see what we can do about making it even quieter in the rooms. Hope to see you back here soon! -- All the best, Kumar, General Manager

Reviewed April 26, 2013

I found this hotel to be quite a surprise for the price in this area. The best parts about it are the office staff and the location. I was there on business, and the staff did everything they could to help me out. This is the only hotel within walking distance to downtown Pleasanton, right next to a shopping center which contains reataurants, bars and other shops. There are many different grade rooms. The least expensive are "cozy" but clean. The more expensive are more recently remodeled and larger. Though they are often sold out for the summer, I would definitely give them a call again. The location is just too convenient.

Room Tip: The rooms vary in price and size. Ask them for what yo need.
  • Stayed: April 2013, traveled on business
sampatelca, Owner at Tri-Valley Inn & Suites, responded to this reviewResponded April 29, 2013

Thanks for this review, Nick! We're glad that we could accommodate you on your business trip to Pleasanton. We also appreciate the fact that you're helping us to spread the word about our location. You're right -- it's hard to beat the locale.

Needless to say, we can't wait to welcome you back!

Reviewed April 16, 2013

The credit card I used on the hotel's website was used at various places in Northern California after I used it to pay for my husband to stay there on a business trip in February 2013. I tried to get a hold of the manager 2 -3 times to get a receipt from my husbands stay and have never heard from them. Like another patron said, either the hotel is to blame for the use of my credit card or the website...the two are probably linked. BEWARE if you're going to stay here!!

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank Shannon G
sampatelca, Owner at Tri-Valley Inn & Suites, responded to this reviewResponded April 21, 2013

Thanks for reaching out, Shannon. I'm shocked to hear this! We would never charge unnecessary charges on your card and you can be sure that we're taking this seriously. I also apologize that you've had trouble getting in touch with me. That's really unusual for us and I'll be sure to look into how that happened.

Having said that, would you be willing to give me a call at (925) 846-2742? I'd love to discuss this more with you.

Reviewed March 16, 2013

Found myself on a week long Bay Area business trip where a stay out in this area was required.
Looking at my expense rect's to date, after some eye popping hotel folio's from downtown SF, I was looking to cool my expenses down a bit!
Read the other reviews for details, but I considered the value proposition to stay here was good. The rooms themselves are small, but in the classic "motor lodge" sense... These types of places used to be ubiquitous along RT 66 and were standard fare for family road trips.
If you want a W Hotel experience, this ain't the place, but other than the contractors idling their trucks early in the morning, my stay met my basics- safe, clean and a good matress.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank Capsu78
sampatelca, Owner at Tri-Valley Inn & Suites, responded to this reviewResponded May 6, 2013

Thanks for the review back in March! We're happy to hear that we could take great care of you when you were in town for business. We're particularly pleased that you feel that our rooms provided a ton of value for the price tag.

Next time you find yourself in Pleasanton, please don't hesitate to reach out! We'd love to see you again.

Reviewed February 19, 2013

BE WARNED!!!! THIS IS WHAT I SENT TO THE MOTEL MANAGER VIA E-MAIL!!!
I reserved a room on your website with my Visa BANK card. Just after doing so, someone went on a $504.49 shopping spree in Milpitas & Santa Clara beginning the either the 14th or 15th of February. I didn't even leave my home of South Lake Tahoe until the 16th and upon check-in at your hotel, used a different, actual CREDIT card to pay in full ($196.20). Either you have a thief working there or your website has been compromised by a thief. Due to the Holiday weekend, none of these charges showed on my account until today and I had to spend almost the entire day calling back and forth between my bank and then physically going to my bank to do paperwork to dispute the 5 charges totaling $504.49, stemming from entering my information on YOU INSECURE WEBSITE. If there is ANY other charge to my actual credit card that was used ONLY to pay for your motel, I will be contacting an attorney to find out what my options to sue will be. I keep track of every dollar I make and every cent I spend. I am a widowed single mother and do not have money for anyone to steal from me. I will also be posting a horrible review of your website's security warning people of what has happened to me and will re-post the warning on any travel site I possible can. I am horrified by what's happened and your motel was not worth the money i paid to stay there. It smelled so strong of chemicals that we had to leave the windows open and leave to air it out, but then there was still mold in the shower area and the toilet is so close to the wall you hit it and your face is basically in the shower. The TV wouldn't work until someone came to "re-program" it and we were told to not touch any buttons except channel up and down and the guy wouldn't tell us what to do if the TV stopped working again because it was too "complicated". Really? My intelligence was insulted from that point forward. I guess if your staying at this motel, you must be stupid! Well, I stayed there because our friends live right down the street, but next time be sure that I won't play dumb again and will pay the same amount to stay at the Marriott, with way better rooms, cleanliness and SECURITY.

Room Tip: Stay somewhere else. Marriott is about the same rate on the weekend and not too far from this horri...
  • Stayed: February 2013, traveled with family
2  Thank Sierra S
sampatelca, Owner at Tri-Valley Inn & Suites, responded to this reviewResponded June 10, 2013

I know that we've dealt with this offline, but I wanted to make sure that others know that we've taken every precaution to ensure the security of our website and all sensitive credit card information. Not only was your experience extremely unusual, it's also completely unacceptable. I feel confident saying that there's no way this sort of thing can happen in the future.

I'd also love to let you know that we're in the midst of renovating the hotel. We've worked hard to update our rooms since your last visit, and I know that you'd be pleased with our accommodations now.

I hope you can come back and give us another chance, Sierra.