Pleasanton Marriott
  • Pool
Motel 6 Pleasanton(Pleasanton)
  • Pool
View Hotel
All reviewsthe concierge loungefront deskhotel is beautifulmarket cafebuffet breakfastshopping mallplenty of free parkingomelet stationstoneridge mallminute drivebusiness tripfree shuttlevery pleasant staywould stay here againquiet locationearly checknice room
FilterAll languages
Reviewed October 8, 2009

This is a great hotel to stay at when you have to be in Pleasanton, all the luxuries you expect, you will have. Beautiful & comfortable rooms, nice pool area, lobby & bar. Will stay here everytime I'm in town.

My last stay I had a very noisy room but the other stay's I've had a pool view and its been quieter.

• Stayed: September 2009, traveled as a couple
Reviewed August 15, 2009

We stayed one night at the Pleasanton Marriott. It was a very good experience with room for improvement. When we checked-in they told us that they didn't have a crib (we were told there were only 2) or a roll away. I ended up having to check back 4 or 5 times but eventually I received both. The staff went out of their way to borrow a crib from the Marriott Courtyard next door which was nice. When we were getting our kids ready for bed, I pulled off one of the pillows only to find a huge oil and with crusty residue on the underside. I really didn't want to know what that was so I took it down to the front desk for the head of housekeeping to see. Not much happened other then sending up a new pillow for us. The breakfast buffet was satisfying and our check-out was easy. Great stay but please work on the cleanliness of the linens!

• Stayed: August 2009, traveled on business
Reviewed July 25, 2009

We had the chance to stay at this very nice hotel recently and were pleasantly surprised. The location is very close to the 580 freeway but we had no problem with noise. Keep in mind that our rate was $71 including daily buffet breakfast for two; probably cheaper than anywhere except Motel 6. The hotel is beautiful and was just totally refurbished. The room was very clean and all redone but a little on the small side for three people. The beds and linens were were excellent. Breakfast was probably the highlight since it was included in the rate (for 2 people). Standard hot and cold foods including assorted fresh fruits such as pineapple, blueberries, strawberries, melons, and raspberries. Hot and cold cereals, eggs and omelets cooked to order, meats, blintzes, potatoes, coffee, tea, juices, everything. The workout room was fairly large and nicely equipped. The staff was fairly friendly but we had a especially helpful waitress at breakfast most days. The lounge area is very nice looking with something like 6 TVs to watch sports or whatever. The wireless internet is free in the lobby area but about $12.95 in the room; we just used the free one when we needed it. There is a good sized swimming pool as well. Overall I had no significant complaints and would gladly come back here in the future.

• Stayed: July 2009, traveled with family
Reviewed June 16, 2009

Just returned from our 8 days California trip, visiting SFO, Napa Valley & Monterey. We stayed in 2 different hotels during this trip and the Pleasanton Marriott (AAA 3-diamonds)is by far superior to the Doubletree in Somona we stayed (AAA 4-diamonds) in every aspect. Customer services were exceptional; all the staffs are very friendly and professional. Everyone from the front desk, the Market Cafe, to the Coinerge Lounge genuinely make the effort to make us feel at home. The hotel was just recently updated in 2008, so everything are new and modern. My two-year old and I were able to enjoy one morning in the sparkling pool and was very relaxing. Location is good; close access to the freeway in a quite, corporate-park like neighborhood. Overall, excellent experience and will definately go back again when we visit SFO / OAK area.

• Stayed: June 2009, traveled with family
Reviewed April 8, 2009

I had to make a quick trip to California for a court date, and received the Marriott on a Priceline bid. I used to live in this area, so was aquainted with this hotel, but apparently it's had a facelift since I was last there.

For the first time ever, the desk clerk mentioned that, "Oh, you got this hotel through Priceline", but gave me a very nice room on the first floor, that overlooked the swimming pool. The pool area is beautiful with lounges and a fire pit. If I had a longer stay, it looked like a great area to spend some time. The entire hotel is nonsmoking, which was a pleasure and there was no odor any where I went.

The room was spotless, and I especially loved the bed and the linen. It was great that there were no down pillows, as I hate them; too squishy. The bedding was crisp and fresh and the pillows were fantastic. The mattress was so comfortable and it's the best night's sleep I've gotten in a hotel in a long time.

Nice flat screen TV, bathroom clean with lots of hot water and essential toiletries, and desk with elaborate internet connection with cables in the drawer, though I did not use them. I don't like having to pay for internet access, but at least parking was free. I did see two computers out in the hallway, but didn't use them, and don't know if they were for general guest use.

Could not get ice, as the room with vending machines and ice, which for me was on the first floor next to the fitness center, had a door I could not open, even using my key. It would open a little, then seemed as if it had been latched from the inside. This was not a big enough worry for me to complain about, and it was late at night, so I just gave up.

The location is great, right by Stoneridge Mall if you like shopping, and many restaurants and stores.

I definately would stay here again and really, really loved the beds! Great job Marriott!!

• Stayed: April 2009, traveled on business