“Nice Surprise.”

Pleasanton Marriott
Ranked #4 of 14 Hotels in Pleasanton
Reviewed August 21, 2008

We stayed at the Pleasanton Marriot in July. It was both for business (husband) and pleasure (me and our 5 year old). I was pleasantly surprised at the hotel. They had recently renovated the hotel and everything was new. The room had new linens, flat screen tv. They do charge for internet connection in the room, but in the lobby there were 2 computers and a printer if you needed. They also had a appetizers every evening for free (except on Friday). We only checked it out one night and they had an assortment of cheese, crackers, and egg rolls.

The Stoneridge mall is walking distance.
The Concierge was very nice. I used the exercise room and though it was small, it was fine. Each machine had a tv to it so that was nice. Overall, we had a great stay.

One bad thing was that I could hear murmuring in the hallway while walking to our room, but once we were in the room you couldn't hear a thing.

• Stayed: July 2008

Reviewed August 6, 2008

Needed a last minute booking for my parents. I got a winning bid on Priceline for around $70, which was higher than I wanted. However, I was very surprised how nice this hotel has become.

I had been to this hotel when it was the Crowne Plaza. The lobby restaurant had a color scheme from the 80's, with lots of tables, and not very many people. It was definitely dated, although for groups it was adequate with plenty of space.

When I read that Marriott was taking over and putting in $19 Million in renovations, I was intrigued.

The interior of the lobby and the rooms is beautiful. Lots of yellows, reds and greens. Hopefully it stays clean over the next few years. Dark wood is used, but in moderation and with a contemporary aesthetic so it looks very modern and classy. The mood was much more lively. They removed a lot of tables and seating, but replaced them with beautiful furniture that is constantly being used by guests.

The guest room was great as well, especially the bedroom. New bedding and a flat screen TV makes the room very comfortable. Wi-Fi is available in-room for a charge. Business center in lobby was used a lot.

Only drawback is that I'm sure prices will go up for guests and groups, but I think it is really worth it. My parents couldn't believe how nice it was and were sad to leave.

• Stayed: August 2008
Reviewed July 24, 2008

Attached is a copy of an E-mail to the hotel's manager detailing our problems. On the upside she did refund our money for nights that were not satisfactory which but it did not seem to be conveyed to the front desk and it took 1 hour to sort it out there. On the downside after our final room change we awoke on our last morning to find the room COMPLETELY flooded from overflowing plumbing. This was almost one year ago and I still feel strongly enough to write a review. I am returning to the area again this year and this hotel is not even on the radar!!!

+++++++++++
COPY OF E-MAIL SENT AUG 30, 2007 TO HOTEL'S MANAGER.

Dear Ms. Ryle:

I feel compelled to bring to light my experiences at the Crowne Plaza, which unfortunately have not been favorable overall.

From check-in (Saturday night) it was a fiasco. I had reserved a room on the executive floor and was told upon check in that I had not done so fortunately I had the proof of reservation on my computer and was able to show the representative (who was the manager on duty) that I had done so. In the interim her offer was to discount the rate by $10 as was charged for the standard rooms. I may be wrong but does this not mean then that our rate proved we were booked on the executive floor hence negating the accusatory stance taken at the front desk?

We switched rooms on the following day (Sunday) and promptly had to go back to the front desk (after having moved all our luggage to the hallway of the new room because the keys did not work. In the new room there was a message on the telephone stating that there was a problem with my credit card. on reporting to the front desk I was told there was no problem.

On Monday after being out all day we returned to the hotel to find that our keys did not work yet again!

After a very long day on Tuesday starting at 3am and travelling to Los Angeles and returning to the hotel about 11pm at night we were woken up by a heinous and incessant noise early the following morning while trying to sleep in after a very trying day yesterday. I personally called the front desk to register my dissatisfaction and was not offered a change or room despite my call.

This morning we are trying to sleep in again only to have the same incessant banging and drilling and construction going on overhead. I've called the front desk and was again not offered any resolution.

This morning I've opened your Guest Services Directory and found your name and tried to call your extention and then asked for your E-mail so I could reach you directly. I see that you have in print ... "If any part of your stay fails to meet your expectations, we promise to make it right or you won't pay for that part of your stay. That's our commitment to you"

Well I'm sure you will realize by now that neither Saturday, Wednesday or Thursday have met my expectations for even the most basic of hotels farless the Crowne Plaza. I expect you will meet your commitment.

On the positive side:

E. Ladouceur is outstanding and a true credit to the hotel she preforms creditably and is an asset to the hotel.
The staff, food and service in Benton's are GREAT!

I wish I had more positive to say but given my experience, I sure you will understand why I am unable to do so.

Regards

JG

Stayed: August 2007
Reviewed July 4, 2008

Good priceline pic - free business center, great pool furniture, shuttle and walk to mall.

Stayed: June 2008
Reviewed July 30, 2007

I just loved this hotel .everybody was so helpful and friendly. the rates were excellent.Dave was always on hand to help if we had any problem .front desk service was excellent I would definitely recommend this hotel and would love to visit it again gang from ireland.jacinta

• Stayed: July 2007, traveled with family
Reviewed June 10, 2007

We only stayed one night, but it was a pleasant and easy stay. The staff was friendly, the room is clean and the bed is pretty comfortable. We had a room close to the pool, so you could hear people at the pool, but as to be expected. We are a bit more tolerant of that being we are in our mid 20's. Its not that convenient if you are going to San Francisco daily, but if you are there to visit friends closeby, then its a great place to stay.

• Stayed: June 2007, traveled as a couple
1  Thank TaliaT
Reviewed May 23, 2007

After a long drive from Orange County, CA we were looking forward to relaxing in the comforts of a semi-luxurious hotel... well at least that's what was our impression after doing research on the hotel's website.

As soon as we pulled into the hotel's parking lot, it was evident that Crowne Plaza hotel in Pleasanton, CA was a luxurious Motel 6 at best. The lobby was a cross between a Denny's dining room, and an airport cocktail lounge (in the early 80's). Oily handprints and evidence of carved out graffiti in the elevators confirmed that the type of crowd this hotel attracts isn't one to appreciate the finer amenities in life.

The room was next to the elevators - I am guessing that was our punishment for booking the room at 30% off on HotWire. The carpets were filthy, sticky, stained, and unvaccumed. The room was much smaller than the average sized room we have seen at other hotels such as Hilton, DoubleTree, etc... the bathtub had stains and gunk in it... there was a hair on my pillow, and the internet connection had an uptime of 67%. And oh, the remote control had sticky buttons, so we decided to use a tissue to change channels.

At nights, we kept hearing drunk guests upstairs and to our side falling down, bumping into walls, have intercourse while yelling obscenities, have 2 hour conversations in the parking lot, and smoke in the hallways.

In the two nights we were there, we had to sleep like mummies, making sure our faces did not touch the sheets, and trying to drain out the noise by leaving the air conditioning fan running all night long... which, we have a sinusitis to thank for.

I do not recommend this hotel to anyone who may be as picky as I am.

• Stayed: May 2007, traveled on business